Support me in the 2009 MS150!

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
For the last couple of years as all you guys know, I have ridden in the Eastern NC MS Chapter's MS150 charity bike ride for multiple sclerosis.

Here's some of my team, The Selma Cyclepaths on last years ride.

616259.png

You cant really tell it but Im the 6th helmet from the left.

Last year our team was the only team to raise over $100,000. For the third year in a row, we were the top fund raising team. Here's the stats from last year.

Top 5 Stats for Eastern NC MS Chapter

1. Selma Cyclepaths $100,032
2. Hibernian $81,467
3. Team GSK $72,893
4. Team CBC $70,824
5. Missing Spokes $57,729

This was possible with the help of everyone here on TurboBuick that donated to my ride last year.

This year my ride mission has changed a little and as such, Im trying to get a jump start on my fund raising. In the past couple of years, Ive ridden this ride for the sake of riding and raising money for a good cause.

This year Im riding for my friend Conrad Jones. For any of you guys that are truly old school Turbo Regal guys, you probably know who Conrad is. He was the president of the BTRCA (Buick and Turbo Racers Club of America) and published all their newsletters and also helped organize the original Buicks At Bristol with Jim Haas. He had a true love for these cars and even after selling his GN, went on to build one of the quickest FWD Regals around at the time.

I found out recently that Conrad has non clinical MS in his legs. I knew he had been having ongoing back issues for years that had limited his activity but I didn't realize it was due to MS.

Conrad is one of, if not the oldest friends I have still around in the Turbo Buick world. A lot of my friends from way back have either passed away or moved on to other hobbies. Conrad did a lot for Turbo Buicks.. Im sure the majority of people around now don't know him, which is a shame because he's a great guy. This year I'm riding for my friend Conrad, a guy who did a lot for this hobby we all love and really never got the credit he deserved.

If you'd like to make a donation to my ride and the MS Society, here is a direct link to my donation page.

https://secure3.convio.net/nmss/sit...D=10800&JServSessionIdr005=l7lhtb72w1.app328b

Okay, guys.. ride is in 3 weeks. I've raised $0.00. Help a brother out!

$20.00 down, $980.00 to go!

Maybe you should change the picture. The dude in the lead looks like he's showing hairy cleavage while wearing a black bra. :biggrin:

Maybe you should change the picture. The dude in the lead looks like he's showing hairy cleavage while wearing a black bra. :biggrin:

When you're riding 100 miles in 90 degree heat, you gotta do what you gotta do to try to keep cool :D

$40.00 down, $960.00 to go!

$90.00 down, $910 to go.

Help a brother out! I know times are tight, $5.00 from every member here would be $100,000!

$100 down, $900 to go. Only 3 donations from tb.com :(

Come on guys! Jay works hard to keep this board up for us. He trains hard for this event and cares alot about it. Get behind him and so some support. I know things are tough, a couple of bucks from us all can go a long ways...

Jay, I have sent $20.00. Good luck to you and you're Team as this is going for a good cause.

Make that 5.

Fundraising was tough this year. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society ride I did in July was down about $100K from last year, which is a lot when you talking $650,000 raised.

Good luck on the ride.

David

It would have been nice if the MS Society adjusted their fundraising limits to reflect the economy but alas.....

$100 down, $900 to go. Please donate if you can.

$800 to go. Any donations would be greatly appreciated!

$685 to go! Thanks Bob, Joe and the rest of you guys!

Alright guys he needs a little less than $500 bucks between this morning and tonight. Please just a couple of bucks a piece can go a long ways. This is for a wonderful charity!!

Im less than $500 away from meeting my goal!

Sadly, my team is in 2nd place, almost $12,000 behind. One of the teams from last year lured away a lot of our riders with free beer after the rides so we're really having to hunker down with the donations if we want to win for an unprecedented 4th year in a row.