Pics of a few cars from the past

It would be really awesome if your second passion was photography:biggrin:
Nice pictures though! I would love to find a yellow 69 Charger RT with a black vinyl and black interior. My Dad had one and that car is all I heard about growing up....Nice Cars Sir!

t-typinator- amazing collection, what age did you start 15? seems like you had a new muscle car every 6 months, buy keep it for a bit , get tired of it sell?

It wasn't quite that organized,most of the time i had more then 1 at a time,once i got the 6 stall garage it was usually full,like you see a lot of people on this site have multiple regals,i just for decades had multiple muscle cars,Its what i did with my spare time i restored some ,built up others.If i ran across something new i wanted ,i would sell 1 or 2 + get something new.
They were everywhere + there was such an assortment of makes models,engine/trans combo's ,i could never just pick 1 type + say ,oh this is it i'm a "pontiac guy" or whatever the brand or car might be + just have that 1 car for yrs,I would go out of my mind,no matter how nice that car was,there was WAY too many other nice cars that could be had cheap, I was a "muscle car Guy" liked them all + wanted them all,unfortunatly i didn't have the space for them all.I still love them but It's a whole diff world now,prices are crazy,basically all these cars do now is trade from dealership to dealership,every once in a while a collector or investor gets one then sells it to dealership a short while later.Back then you could drive them beat them race them etc. because they were cheap + plentiful.Now unless you have just a run of the mill not so desirable one then you can't leave it unattended ,or beat it silly ,it's worth too much.
I'm still the same way with cars tho,i still get bored with the same old car pretty quick + want something different.
And i still like them all,I like the newer vette's,2011 stangs,86-87 tr's, ls1 camaro's,05-06 gto's,supercharged fox bodies,etc.

Me n my '69 SS and hoodlum friends. Dec. 28, 1986

:cool:

Attachments

• ROB1_-_020807.jpg
    ROB1_-_020807.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 285
  • ROB2_-_020807.jpg
    ROB2_-_020807.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 273
I'll share one I used to have.....only had it a month then sold it...needed all kinds of work but I still wished I had it back.

71davew1.jpg

71davew2.jpg

71davew3.jpg

71davew4.jpg

71davew5.jpg

It would be really awesome if your second passion was photography:biggrin:
Nice pictures though! I would love to find a yellow 69 Charger RT with a black vinyl and black interior. My Dad had one and that car is all I heard about growing up....Nice Cars Sir!

Thanks, + believe me i know i wasn't the best photographer,i'm actually lucky to have what i have because it was usually just a spur of the moment thing,to take the pics.
Some of the better pics were from a friend of mine that was into camera's.
The real early ones were done on a kodak handle,you took the pic then cranked it out of the camera with a little crank,+ some were polaroids,both were instant pics.
Got some great video's too,I would setup the camera on the ground or on a tri-pod in a parking lot + pull smoke shows.I was doing that decades before you tube was even dreamed of.

From the 90's fox mustang era.
A friend of mine opened up a mostly mustang,performance speed shop.
+ became a powerdyne sc distributor,+ the more he sold the cheaper he got them so i bought 4 of them at $50 over cost.+ built some fun little stangs.
But they were really limited to 9 lbs of boost so eventually moved on to pro-chargers.

Attachments

• scan0116.jpg
    scan0116.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 262
Found these 2 gems in a couple Florida auto trader magazines from 10 years ago I had sitting in a box. 87 GNX with 47 miles on the clock for $38k or best offer? I"ll take it!

View attachment 128348

View attachment 128352

Call the beeper number in the GNX ad. maybe its still available. ;)

This is an awesome post! Made me go looking through some of my stuff on the cars I have had over the years. No where near the nice ones you had, but some nice ones never the less.

Again, thanks for the great post. Looks like thre deckers in some of those pics. Are you from MA by any chance?

I raced all those guys at Atco and beat them! :tongue:

Attachments

• GOAT E.T. 2.JPG
    GOAT E.T. 2.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 227
Call the beeper number in the GNX ad. maybe its still available. ;)

This is an awesome post! Made me go looking through some of my stuff on the cars I have had over the years. No where near the nice ones you had, but some nice ones never the less.

Again, thanks for the great post. Looks like thre deckers in some of those pics. Are you from MA by any chance?

Post up the pics,

+ Yes that would be good old Ma. home of the Multi Family.

68 400 hp tri-power 4-spd vette
64 tri power 389 4-spd gto
74 sd trans am, auto

Attachments

• scan0119.jpg
    scan0119.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 352
  • scan0107.jpg
    scan0107.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 364
  • scan0115.jpg
    scan0115.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 373
One more...

As you may or may not be able to tell, I like all cars as well. This R is one of my favorites.

P1011233.jpg

That dark green coupe is a rare find,I think i have had every color coupe but that one.
That cobra r is awesome too,they all are.
I like them all,you have my taste in cars.:cool:

Love to take that coupe off your hands if you still have it.

My last stang,from 2 summers ago, 92 Calypso Green,bone stock,52k mi orig paint,but unfortunatly an AOD.
It's been floating around ma. since new,I've seen it come + go over the yrs + finally bought it.

oops forgot the pics.