okay. i've been had by eBay. lesson learned

Oh I do see you winning !!! Unless the judge just see's the car as just an old Buick. BUT collecting is another thing !!

Yes. That is the hard part. If i read right, they can seize his tax returns, pay, etc. It also goes on his credit record, unless we ended up settling out of court. That follows him around for seven years. Seeing how MI small claims limit is so low, I won't settle for a lesser amount, but I would accept the $3000 plus fees and then drop the suit to save the trouble of a hearing and damage to his credit.

Even if I only somehow broke even, as long as he doesn't get away with it, I'm happy. If he has a reminder of the event for seven years, that's all on him. He gets what he deserves.

I see he just sold the t-type. He better hope he's saving some of that money. LOL

I hope to have time today to get the paperwork re-done so I can mail it in. The first set I sent in was rejected due to not being notorized. Doh! LOL

I'll keep y'all updated.

Update: meditation/hearing set. They granted my request to do everything by phone. If, for some reason, I need to show, they will postpone to allow me time to fly out. I'm stoked. Faxing in all my evidence on Friday. I wish I could see the look on this guys face. "no way is this guy gonna show....phone whaaaa?" Lol
He's going down.

Attachments

• popcorn3in3.gif
    popcorn3in3.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 340
Go get him...teach this crook that he can't swindle people like he did and suffer no reprecussions.

kaj

i really hope you get his azz & get a chance to drive one of these cars . when everthing is right it is a car like no other .

I hope it all goes well for you, but do you think it wise to post your strategy online like this?

i really hope you get his azz & get a chance to drive one of these cars . when everthing is right it is a car like no other .

i'm sure. the car is already fun to drive. i love it, though it needs some TLC. it's not my Evolution (i get extremely angry every time i think about how i sold it to buy this lemon), but it's fun. in a different way.

I hope it all goes well for you, but do you think it wise to post your strategy online like this?

no strategy here. he screwed me over. we're going to court. he knows all the evidence i have. not a whole lot to it. :)

The strategy is be honest about how bad he lied. That's hard to defend looking at his Ebay ad vs what was received. Sorry man, but its good to get a crook in court, hate it was you but it appears you are the right man for the job!
Good luck, keep us informed.

I hate to be going through all this bs, but I'm really happy to be doing something about a bad situation. It's a pain in the ass and I know a lot of people would just let it go...but I have issues with seeing people getting screwed over. I should have been a lawyer. Lol

another update. instead of making a big, long post i'll just post the basics:

today was mediation. Mr Huff still insists my car is worth $15,000. but then he changed it to being worth $8,000. i informed the mediators of all the information posted in this thread. they started to question Josh about why his ad says "no rust" while he just admitted to it having rust on the trunk and "surface rust" as he likes to call it. he back peddled for a while explaining how classic cars have rust and it's to be expected. he finally he admitted "i may have mis-spoke". ding. one for my team.
he kept going on about how he included free parts, how rare these cars are.. how he felt buying his first one, blah blah. nothing having to do with the lawsuit.
he said he won't take the car back (which is fine as that's not what i'm asking for) and offered to pay me a settlement of $1,000 in $150/mo installments.
WHAT?!
i told them that the ONLY reason i'm only suing for $3000 is because it's the max allowed in the state of MI. after i get the $3000 (which who knows how long that is going to take to get) i'm still looking at $1,000-1,500 to get the car into the condition of his ad. no, i will not take any less than $3,000
he also went on about how i had my friends hitting him up on Facebook leaving him threatening messages. to this, i didn't know what to say, as i have no clue WTF he's talking about. i'm assuming he means people from the internet, probably this site. if so, that's out of my control and he needs to deal with those people directly. "i sent him copies of the emails i was getting from these people". he never did. i have no idea what he is referring to.
people don't like seeing other people getting burned. this site seem pretty close-knit, which is part of the reason i'm here (i can appreciate that type of thing). so i'm not really surprised he got some emails from unhappy TR owners. LOL.
oh.. and he even accused me of paying a guy to leave him poor feedback on ebay. LOL. seriously? my case is air-tight. getting him poor feedback does me NO good.
he also told the mediators about how all i buy from ebay is video games, but this is a CAR. like that has anything to do with it. haha.
this guy was all over the place. very "used car salesman-like" though. they would ask him a question and he'd go off on a tangent about something else like what the value of a fully-restored GN is. it was hard for me to keep everything on topic, but the mediators did a very good job of it. after he would trail off, they would re-iterate their concern and make him finally address it.
it was awesome.
i was hoping Josh would agree to pay the amount without having to go to court. now he's going to have a mark on his credit for the next 10yrs. i can't imagine having a judgement against him is going to look good next time he goes to buy a car or house. still, it was up to him and a hearing is what he decided on.
i have money set aside to fly out, as it seems i may not be able to do the hearing by phone. Josh says he will be at school in Florida and will have to fly out as well. sorry 'bout that. not my problem. it DOES suck that it seems they do their small claims hearings on Thursdays, as that is my 24hr shift. it means i lose those hours and my over time for the week, totally about $280. too bad i can't add that to my suit.
anyway, i'll let ya guys know what happens next. i'm waiting on a letter to find out when the hearing is.
i was pretty nervous.. but now i'm kinda stoked. the idea of someone not getting away with a scam is pretty awesome.
again, i think i should have become a civil lawyer instead of an RN! haha

wish me luck, guys!

Emails ? What emails? Guys a scumbag seat licker ..

well. he tended to twist the truths a bit. most of what he said was almost true, but his version.
like saying my car is worth $15,000 if i put some work into it. a hot-air car? really? by the end of mediation he had it up to $16k. he says he was showing them a NADA printout that stated over $15k. i'm not sure, seeing how when i looked, "excellent" condition was $14,500. doesn't matter either way, just saying.
then he would twist his bad ebay feedback to sound like i was responsible for it. yeah.. like other ebay members care enough of what i think to give some guy bad feedback when he doesn't deserve it.
he honestly believes my car is worth $8,000 (his words) though i only paid $6,800. what? he doesn't even remember what i paid! it paid $7,200.
everything that came out of his mouth was a not-quite-truth to aid him in getting out of all this. and he actually sounded like he believed all of it, though he did stumble a lot when the pressed him on the matter of his ad saying "no rust" and he admitted it had some.
they is either a scumbag or just completely ignorant. if the latter, he really needs to NOT get into the car business. ignorance is not an excuse for burning people on the sale of a car.
this, people, is why you always read "never buy a car sight-unseen". i can promise i will NEVER do it again.
i'm flying out there anyway... should have done it in the first place! i figured i was protected under eBay's and PayPal's buyer protection. had i known i WASN'T, i would not have bought this car.
live and learn!

still. i'm not bitter. i know it will take me forever to get money from this guy. eh, well. as long as justice is served.. that's what i'm after. 75% of why i'm fighting this so hard isn't for the money.. but to see a bad seller be held responsible for his actions.

Good luck with everything. Can't wait to hear the final outcome. Glad that you are making a point with this guy. To soften the blow to the wallet, I would be willing to paypal you $25.00 if that would help any with the travel expense. I like what your doing and I feel it will benefit all of us on here in one way or another whether we realize it or not. Who knows...you may have already helped others inthe market from getting screwed by this guy or some other guy because of your story.

Let me know how to paypal you the money and I will do so ASAP.

Best of luck to you! :cool:

You know that you can file a dispute and claim for the vehicle. No matter if you used paypal or cash.

That Huff guy is bumbling idiot,absolutely no class and obviously not very articulate or intelligent by the statements he made in court.Hope you get your money and great job at sticking with this.That jerk thought he could probably get away with this scam.

All the best!

You know jason

Mr huff is on this site and has read all of this stuff . I know this . Cant tell you how but i know .. So lets do this . Mr huff come out come out wherever you are and tell us your side of your swindle .. But it wont change anything . Your still a lying scumbag ....

Good luck with everything. Can't wait to hear the final outcome. Glad that you are making a point with this guy. To soften the blow to the wallet, I would be willing to paypal you $25.00 if that would help any with the travel expense. I like what your doing and I feel it will benefit all of us on here in one way or another whether we realize it or not. Who knows...you may have already helped others inthe market from getting screwed by this guy or some other guy because of your story.

Let me know how to paypal you the money and I will do so ASAP.

Best of luck to you! :cool:

well, if i can get a ride to LA and don't mind a 10hr layover in Vegas (..not THAT bad. it IS vegas. LOL) a round-trip flight is only about $260. i'd NEVER ask anyone for help. i can work a couple extra shifts at work to cover it. but i appreciate the offer! then again.. $25 may get me from Detroit to Westland and back to the airport. LOL.
does anyone here live in detroit that could give me a ride to the courthouse in Westland?? :D i just looked and saw it's 35mins. that can't be a cheap cab ride, round trip.

Mr huff is on this site and has read all of this stuff . I know this . Cant tell you how but i know .. So lets do this . Mr huff come out come out wherever you are and tell us your side of your swindle .. But it wont change anything . Your still a lying scumbag ....

i invite him to speak up. in fact, i'd say i even dare..no! DOUBLE dog dare. LOL. NOTHING i have posted on this site is in ANY way false. i have documents, printed versions of his ads, and testimonials from two of his other "customers" that have offered to help out in any way they can. i can back up everything i have posted here. i can't imagine him posting, as there is nothing to say.

the part that gets me the most is how he tells me this is all my fault for not understanding what i was getting into by buying a classic car. that just kinda pisses me off.

after seeing how the mediators caught him up on the issue of the ad saying "no rust", i can't wait to see what the judge does.
i have given him many chances to pay up without affecting his credit. he didn't take it. so.. he gets what he deserves, i guess. that's all on him.

he believes my car is worth $8,000 and $15,000 after i paint over the holes in the body. it's not surprising he thinks he stands a chance in court.

i wonder if i get the time i'm missing at work, airfare, etc added to the settlement amount. i'm thinking all i'll get on top of the $3,000 is my court fees back. dunno.

i'll also assume after reading all this, he'll understand how poor his case was today and re-work his strategy for the hearing. it's not gonna help, dude.