okay. i've been had by eBay. lesson learned

i just found out taxi fare from DTW to Westland MI is gonna be $50 each way. daaaayum! LOL

what date?

B

not sure yet. from what i can tell it will be a Thursday. they told us we'll get letters with the date. damn. ANY day but a wed or thursday would be nice. i work 12hr shifts all days EXCEPT thurs. it hurts to miss out on 24hours.. especially since 8 of that is OT. :(

hey, Josh: how 'bout i subtract the $500 i'll be spending on airfare, food, and taxi and you just give me $2,500. we'll call it even.

well, if i can get a ride to LA and don't mind a 10hr layover in Vegas (..not THAT bad. it IS vegas. LOL) a round-trip flight is only about $260. i'd NEVER ask anyone for help. i can work a couple extra shifts at work to cover it. but i appreciate the offer! then again.. $25 may get me from Detroit to Westland and back to the airport. LOL.
does anyone here live in detroit that could give me a ride to the courthouse in Westland?? :D i just looked and saw it's 35mins. that can't be a cheap cab ride, round trip.

i invite him to speak up. in fact, i'd say i even dare..no! DOUBLE dog dare. LOL. NOTHING i have posted on this site is in ANY way false. i have documents, printed versions of his ads, and testimonials from two of his other "customers" that have offered to help out in any way they can. i can back up everything i have posted here. i can't imagine him posting, as there is nothing to say.

the part that gets me the most is how he tells me this is all my fault for not understanding what i was getting into by buying a classic car. that just kinda pisses me off.

after seeing how the mediators caught him up on the issue of the ad saying "no rust", i can't wait to see what the judge does.
i have given him many chances to pay up without affecting his credit. he didn't take it. so.. he gets what he deserves, i guess. that's all on him.

he believes my car is worth $8,000 and $15,000 after i paint over the holes in the body. it's not surprising he thinks he stands a chance in court.

i wonder if i get the time i'm missing at work, airfare, etc added to the settlement amount. i'm thinking all i'll get on top of the $3,000 is my court fees back. dunno.

i'll also assume after reading all this, he'll understand how poor his case was today and re-work his strategy for the hearing. it's not gonna help, dude.

No problem. Just figured I would offer and that maybe a few others would jump on board to soften the financial blow a little.

Hope everything works out for you. Sounds like you should make out fine. :cool:

Let me know how to paypal you the money and I will do so ASAP.

Best of luck to you! :cool:

you have my $25 bucks as well...I do paypal too.

i'm looking at $100, roundtrip for cab fair from Detriot Metro to the courthouse and back. so.. maybe a bit of help wouldn't be so bad. LOL. but i'm a bit of a proud person, so i'll have to fight myself on accepting. haha.
"this civil hearing brought to you in part by TurboBuick.com" :)
i still won't ask for help, but my paypal is papaguyver@hotmail.com
just sayin.

You know that you can file a dispute and claim for the vehicle. No matter if you used paypal or cash.

i did. you submit your info to eBay. they more or less tell you that you will not be notified of the process nor the outcome. no lie, it says right on there information page. so, as far as i know, nothing came of it. he still has an ebay account. i see no changes other than he has no current listings but i don't know if that's ebay's doing or simply that he has nothing for sale.
eBay doesn't really seem to care. if they, for instance, banned every user that scammed buyers.. well, they would be shooting themselves in the foot. each seller gone is less money in their pockets. so...

update:

court date is set for Monday July 8 at 9am. i'm STOKED because i don't have to miss any work to make it. sweet! i can be there and back on my days off.

the flight is $450, which is more than i planned and the cab is $100 round trip. add food to that and i'm going a long way to teach someone a lesson. eh. well. i already borrowed the money... not sure how i'll pay it back yet. LOL. flight is booked and i'm set to go.

i'll fill you guys in on the details when i see what happens.

Good luck!

Hope you have a good day in court! We need to support one another and weed out as many scammers as possible. BTW I sent you a small "gift" for your trip. Check your PayPal:biggrin:

I got scammed a few weeks ago myself so I am on a mission of late.;)

Hope you have a good day in court! We need to support one another and weed out as many scammers as possible. BTW I sent you a small "gift" for your trip. Check your PayPal:biggrin:

I got scammed a few weeks ago myself so I am on a mission of late.;)

i thought i was being scammed by eBay. i was like "wtf?? i didn't sell anything". hahaha.

thank you very much, man! it helps, believe me. i know i won't be seeing any money from the settlement for a very long time.. so i have to be sure i DON'T count on it to pay back the debt i'm incurring.
i'm not looking to profit from any of this. as long as i break even it will be worth the trouble of spending all this time, effort, and money.
sorry to hear you got scammed too. man. it pisses me off. anything we can do to help you?

i thought i was being scammed by eBay. i was like "wtf?? i didn't sell anything". hahaha.

thank you very much, man! it helps, believe me. i know i won't be seeing any money from the settlement for a very long time.. so i have to be sure i DON'T count on it to pay back the debt i'm incurring.
i'm not looking to profit from any of this. as long as i break even it will be worth the trouble of spending all this time, effort, and money.
sorry to hear you got scammed too. man. it pisses me off. anything we can do to help you?

Yea. Just watch out for this guy...http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/feedback/349142-louie-battaglia-1983transam-do-not-buy-car-guy.html Word is starting to get out about his dealings and he is going to see a court room too in the not to distant future I'm sure;)

update: i have a sponsor! my mom gave me $200 to hand this guy his ass in court. hahaha. you gotta give it up to moms for helpin' a brotha out. haha.

this is gonna be awesome. i should video tape the whole thing and post it on YouTube for you guys.

Save all your receipts and give copies to the court. You can ask for the expenses to be included as part of the judgment.

good luck

PayPal support just sent. Best of luck to you and I hope everything works out in court. Nothing worse than a scammer ripping people off and destroying their dreams. :mad:

Save all your receipts and give copies to the court. You can ask for the expenses to be included as part of the judgment.

good luck

I wondered about that. I know I get my fees back, but traveling expenses would be awesome. Keeping all receipts.

PayPal support just sent. Best of luck to you and I hope everything works out in court. Nothing worse than a scammer ripping people off and destroying their dreams. :mad:

Dude, you rock. I appreciate it. This is the first time I've seen a forum help like this. thanks, guys.

Kaj

You are correct .there is no other forum like this one. Its not every day that guys do what some have done for you .. Just goes to show there are still some damn fine people in the world .. And most are here .. Good luck again .. Still got the car?

update:

court date is set for Monday July 8 at 9am. i'm STOKED because i don't have to miss any work to make it. sweet! i can be there and back on my days off.

You do realize that July 8th is a FRIDAY, not Monday right??:confused:

Good luck on getting some justice.

I wondered about that. I know I get my fees back, but traveling expenses would be awesome. Keeping all receipts.

Dude, you rock. I appreciate it. This is the first time I've seen a forum help like this. thanks, guys.

No problem. I hope justice is served! :smile:

You are correct .there is no other forum like this one. Its not every day that guys do what some have done for you .. Just goes to show there are still some damn fine people in the world .. And most are here .. Good luck again .. Still got the car?

Still have the car. Had to buy a complete new body and doors. $1100 later, they were at my door. bright side = it's a hard top.

You do realize that July 8th is a FRIDAY, not Monday right??:confused:

Good luck on getting some justice.

July 18. Typo. Lol

Do you know

What airport your flying into .. ? I might be able to pick you up and drag you to court .. At least you'll get a ride in a real rust free slow 10 second car .. Let me know if i can help ..