okay. i've been had by eBay. lesson learned

The same seller is now offering another TR on Ebay.It's an 86 WH1...He states in his add that he's been on Ebay 10 years with 100 satisfaction?...I guess he hasn't looked at his rating lately.

Dude why didnt you use your power of turbo buick when shoppin for a car? You do realize i live in the very same city that you bought the car out of right? I would have gladly gone and checked it out for you before you spent your $$$...Btw for future reference clean cars rust free cars come usually from The west and the south to the rustbelt when people want them not the other way around...

The same seller is now offering another TR on Ebay.It's an 86 WH1...He states in his add that he's been on Ebay 10 years with 100 satisfaction?...I guess he hasn't looked at his rating lately.

he had that car for sale when i bought mine. he said i should take that one instead because it's modded blah blah. he also told me he was gonna keep it since he got enough $$$ from me to pay for school. i guess not. maybe he's gonna sell that one and send the cash to me. LOL.

Dude why didnt you use your power of turbo buick when shoppin for a car? You do realize i live in the very same city that you bought the car out of right? I would have gladly gone and checked it out for you before you spent your $$$...Btw for future reference clean cars rust free cars come usually from The west and the south to the rustbelt when people want them not the other way around...

as mentioned above, i posted in the thread and PMed people from his area. i got no replies. see:

Looking to buy an 85 in the Westland MI area. Anyone free to check on the car for me? I need to at least know it exists. LOL

so i did try. just had no luck, as did most other people in that thread, from the look of it.

his ad said "no rust". he said it was probably garaged and just well taken care of. i asked him about 500,000 times "there is NO rust on the car ANYWHERE??". he repeatedly assured me there was none. my bad was believing him. it's not like i blindly bought the car without even thinking to ask.
dntknw.gif

He must be worried about something he called like 4 times over weekend. I dont keep phone on me when im off work and he didnt leave message.

He must be worried about something he called like 4 times over weekend. I dont keep phone on me when im off work and he didnt leave message.

I dunno. I sent him a million pictures of all the rust holes. I'm not hiding anything from him. I'm probably giving him more info than I should seeing how I have a claim against him. I'm just hoping he sees I'm dead serious. I'd prefer to settle than go the court route. I'd take quite a bit less than the suit amount.
I stopped looking of the car; the body is near useless to me....unless I learn to do body work.
I get pretty pissed everytime I see a "decent" 86-87 in the same price range. LOL

I thought it was limited to what you said - doors, lid / surrounding area, bit on the qrts. I would truly spend your efforts there instead of worry about what happened with the sale. I doubt you'll get satisfaction from ebay, your limit in small claims in MI is 3K and no lawyer is going to touch it for a civil case. Not trying to get you down, but I've gone through small claims for local cases, its almost a waste of time and it just isn't going to be financially feasible for you in the fact that he's across the country. Still haven't got to pick a parts here, but looked up their prices and they charge 40 for doors and trunk lids. I'm sure there is somewhere in so cal that'll have what you need. You said you had access to a welder, just go for it and make is something you'll enjoy.

Used Auto Parts Pricing | Pick Your Part Auto Wrecking

Any luck getting a hold of #1Hotrod ?

I thought it was limited to what you said - doors, lid / surrounding area, bit on the qrts. I would truly spend your efforts there instead of worry about what happened with the sale. I doubt you'll get satisfaction from ebay, your limit in small claims in MI is 3K and no lawyer is going to touch it for a civil case. Not trying to get you down, but I've gone through small claims for local cases, its almost a waste of time and it just isn't going to be financially feasible for you in the fact that he's across the country. Still haven't got to pick a parts here, but looked up their prices and they charge 40 for doors and trunk lids. I'm sure there is somewhere in so cal that'll have what you need. You said you had access to a welder, just go for it and make is something you'll enjoy.

Used Auto Parts Pricing | Pick Your Part Auto Wrecking

Any luck getting a hold of #1Hotrod ?

luckily, i was in my state when i bought the car. the limit for small claims in CA is $7,500. better than nothin. :)

i don't really expect anything to work out in my favor, but i have to see it through just in case. i'm not just going to look the other way on this, just on principal. i'm already out money. what's a bit more if it means justice will be served?

i have not yet had time to get ahold of anyone, no. i work 60-84hrs per week and have lots else going on. the only way i'm able to come on here and post is 'cause i do it from my phone. LOL.

but i'll keep trying.

hmm.. your in Kali and he's in Michigan ?? I thought you would have to file in Michigan ?? Even if ya win you may never collect !! Hope all the time you spend chasing him will work out for ya. One of many lessons in life here :redface:

If I run into road blocks, I run into road blocks. I'd rather spend money pursuing this to no end than just quitting. My conscience would never let me get away with it.

I'm sure something can be done, otherwise people would be freely ripping off out-of-state buyers all day long.

Since it is a fraud case and involves more than one state, I'm also checking into any federal options I may have.

Did you pay him full through paypal?I had this problem with ebay before it doesn't matter if you send the money through goods,services etc or w/e you brought the car though ebay and it was mis represented.Did he mark on the add as payment received?If so theres your proof you paid him thats how It worked for me.Even if paypal says no I would go though my credit company unless you paid him cash or like western union.Anyway best of luck,I hope everything works out well for you in the end

Looks like you were actually the THIRD person that he sold the same car to (other two buyers probably himself or someone he knows). Read the feedback on the other two buyers. He even says in his return feedback that the first buyer payed him "payments". You can definately WIN this in court with the document trail he has left. May cost some more $$ but with me it would be about not letting him get away with it. Not busting your chops but a little feedback research should have thrown up lots of red flags. Good luck.

Looks like you were actually the THIRD person that he sold the same car to (other two buyers probably himself or someone he knows). Read the feedback on the other two buyers. He even says in his return feedback that the first buyer payed him "payments". You can definately WIN this in court with the document trail he has left. May cost some more $$ but with me it would be about not letting him get away with it. Not busting your chops but a little feedback research should have thrown up lots of red flags. Good luck.

Dammmm.. I'd get a good lawyer from whatever state he is from to help your case along !!

I did check his feedback. The feedback for the sale right before mine didn't show up until after I looked at his history, which I did about a week before agreeing to buy. I must have missed the first one you are referring to.

The guy is going down, for sure. He is going to look incredibly guilty in the eyes of the judge. I can prove, without a doubt, that the guy practices shady business.
I just have to do my best to get the case heard.
As time goes on, I gather more and more evidence.

I hope this guy gets what he deserves.

don't let it drag on before ya do something !! sooner the better once ya have all the info on him!!

Jason

I think you have to sue him in the county he resides in. If so i'll drive up and file it for you. So he can get what he deserves. What a chuckle berry ..

Hey kaj,
you should see what your seller has written on the latest T-type he is trying to seel.After e-mailing him about his 100% whenin reality it wasn't he's change dit to 97% but basically balming the buyer who bought the car that gave him negative feedback(I'm assuming it's you.Just read his comment...this guy sounds like a real winner.Hope you sue him.

ITEM # 290555269577

I think you have to sue him in the county he resides in. If so i'll drive up and file it for you. So he can get what he deserves. What a chuckle berry ..

We'll see. Work has been stupid busy today. May get to make some phone calls tomorrow.

Hey kaj,
you should see what your seller has written on the latest T-type he is trying to seel.After e-mailing him about his 100% whenin reality it wasn't he's change dit to 97% but basically balming the buyer who bought the car that gave him negative feedback(I'm assuming it's you.Just read his comment...this guy sounds like a real winner.Hope you sue him.

ITEM # 290555269577

Yeah dude is shady. I'm not sure if he is blatantly lying, despite all proof against him, or if he believes what he says. If so, he's just dilusional.