New TSM car alert.

On the streets we refer to it as "jumping in", don't worry Scot it only hurts at first!! :biggrin:
I come from a nice rough background where I admire a good fist fight. With all this gun and knife crap now a days there is no more good honest fighting. I kinda miss the old days where if I got beat I would buy the guy a beer and say "that was good, let's have a beer"! This ass kicking woudln't be free or easy! I gaurantee it!! :biggrin:

Scot W.

I don't think there has been any physical altercations yet in TSM...but there is always this year:D
You didn't get what I was talking about Kevin! What I was talking about WASN'T PHYSICAL it was actually getting a ass kicking on the dragstrip!! :biggrin:

You didn't get what I was talking about Kevin! What I was talking about WASN'T PHYSICAL it was actually getting a ass kicking on the dragstrip!! :biggrin:

I knew what you were saying;)

There wasn't much of an ass kicking this year between the south and north. They had the faster car, but we had a car that would make the finals each time at the races we were at.

I knew what you were saying;)

There wasn't much of an ass kicking this year between the south and north. They had the faster car, but we had a car that would make the finals each time at the races we were at.
Cool !! Either way that leaves me out!!! :)

Adam, at least tell us what the 330 was on that pass.

Are you bragging about a 9.99 or a 9.20?;)
I don't recall ever seeing ANY BRAGGING! I do remember seeing something about it making some test passes to make sure things were up to parr and everything went fine!!

I'm sure the car will hang fine with the rest of them! :biggrin:

Where are those forms Adam?

Scot W.

I'm not worried!!!:eek: I just hate secrets!!! :D

I know, that is the main reason why I started this thread. You are going to have to wait until Bowling Green to see what it runs.

Cal tells me there is a little more left in it:eek:

Adam, your secret is safe with me, I am taking it to my grave.

Don't worry Ronnie, information will be distributed on a need to know basis (insert diabloical laugh here). There will be plenty to go around in the next month if the weather holds out on the weekends.

I know what it ran. But I'm not saying..;)

Scot, we're sending you a DSR application. :cool:

I swear I thought this post was for the car we tested Sunday in FL.. I guess there are more secrets out there..

Well I guess the cat is out of the bag, or in this case the monkey is out of the trunk!! :biggrin:

WE MADE IT TO THE TRACK!!! The maiden voyage went off without a hitch, all systems go. Just made some small hits, nothing big to report on numbers. Hope to make full hits next weekend. Taking it easy to start off with, as many of you know, everything in the car is untested. In case you forgot, this is where we left off last.....

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/245927-novice-frame-off.html

Time to thank some people. There are a few guys that simply put, made this project happen. It obviously wasn't my knowledge and expertise.

First and foremost.. Randy Alexander, Randy has had a tough year. He has put his blood, sweat and tears (and one desk drawer) into this project. It became clear to me how dedicated Randy is when he decided to stay behind to work on the car when we encountered a glitch just before Reynolds. I really don't even to know where to begin saying thank you Randy. Let me say it this way, None of this would be happening without you, I am proud to have you working on my car, but I am much much more proud to say you are my friend. THANK YOU!! and don't forget Tom. For those that don't know Randy has a partner in crime named Tom. Tom and I have had alot of fun, some at Randy's expense, over the last year. Randy, I know you don't let Tom on the computer, but tell him I said THANKS!!

Don Cruz, this was all supposed to be a simple street car build, that was until I made a fateful phonecall to some guy named Don in Florida. What can I say Don, the engine purrs like a kitten, a kitten on steroids, but a kitten. Professional, meticulous, trust, integrity, Don demands the best out of himself, and accepts nothing less. It has been a privilege to be fortunate enough to get to know Don over the last year. His work stands alone, but just as importantly, he is a class act from the word go!! Don, thank you for all the work, advice, time, and phone calls.

Chris Cambell, Chris is the one who introduced me to the Buick community. I would have never bought a GN if not for knowing Chris and his involvement with them. More importantly than anything Chris has done for the car, he helped bring me and my family back to the Church. I can never thank him enough for the support and faith. My life and family are better for having Chris involved in them, and thanks to him we are back where we belong. BTW I'm not kidding, true story, the guy shows up at my house one Sunday morning and wouldn't leave till we got dressed and went to Church with him. THANKS!!

The Pine Tree Posse!! Jason White, Josh White, Sean and Mike Hayes, thank you guys for welcoming me into a very special group. This year is going to be alot of fun. Jason, I know you'll be around, maybe we can sneak you into my car to drive!!! :biggrin:

There are some other guys who I have gotten to know over the last year. Scot W, you didn't think I would leave you out did you Scot. Scot will be with us at the races next year, we gotta see about the DSR and Pine Tree Posse member forms for you Scot.

Sam Colalillo, hey check it out I can even spell your name now Sam. Sam has been a great source of inspiration during this build. I actually copied the way he did his frame off to start this project. Now if I can just get Sam to move below the Mason Dixon line.

I can keep going for hours. I have met some great people as a result of this project, and am very proud to be a part of the Buick Community.

Vendors, I am not going to try to cover all the vendors we used. Randy and Don keep me away from them most of the time, if you guys want to, please feel free to list any you want.

I will cover one Vendor, Hartline Performance. Cal and Holly have been a huge help to this project. Thank you guys for all the parts and support, but more importantly thanks for your relentless support of our community. Your commitment to the Buick Community makes it a better place!!

Alright, Alright some pics already...............

Your welcome and I am glad to see that you are sticking to plan of taking it easy.Just remember a few months back the car was in a million pieces and sitting on drums.Now it goes straight down the track,stops,turns and you will be able to TURN it up soon enough.;)

2008 Review: :confused: :confused:

BG South vs South Final (South win), #2 and #3 qualifiers South

Norwalk South vs North Final (South win), #1 and #2 qualifiers South

BPG South vs North Final (South win), #1 and #2 qualifiers South

Midwest North vs North Final (South lost boost controller), #1 qualifier South

Cecil South Final (South win), New Record holder South, #1 qualifier South

Reynolds South vs South Final (South win), New Record holder South, #1 and #2 qualifier South

Go South!!!! :biggrin:

Midwest North against North?? They live about an hour from each other lol

We will take the majority this year;) Not going for #1 qualifier, but for the car(s) that make it to the end.

Your welcome and I am glad to see that you are sticking to plan of taking it easy.Just remember a few months back the car was in a million pieces and sitting on drums.Now it goes straight down the track,stops,turns and you will be able to TURN it up soon enough.;)

No kidding huh, my brother and sister can't believe it. To see where the car was a year ago, and now is really amazing. The best part about the entire thing has been the new friends and all the fun we have had watching this thing come together. It would have never been possible to have this much fun without the level of trust we have shared through out the whole thing.

Now about the turning it up thing, last time I tried that was about a year ago, Randy says I'm not allowed to touch anything except the steering wheel, shifter, brakes, and throttle. And just between us I think he's still a little iffy about a couple of those :biggrin:

2008 Review: :confused: :confused:

BG South vs South Final (South win), #2 and #3 qualifiers South

Norwalk South vs North Final (South win), #1 and #2 qualifiers South

BPG South vs North Final (South win), #1 and #2 qualifiers South

Cecil South Final (South win), New Record holder South, #1 qualifier South

Reynolds South vs South Final (South win), New Record holder South, #1 and #2 qualifier South

Go South!!!! :biggrin:

To the untrained eye it would seem the South Has Risen Again!!!

Jason and Don definetly set the bar very high last year. We are going to try very hard to live up to the legacy!!

We will take the majority this year;) Not going for #1 qualifier, but for the car(s) that make it to the end.

:confused: I see 5 wins for the South??? Maybe we count different down here? Oh well..

2009 will be the North's year... Unless Adam decides to turn it up..;)