NEW - stock replacement USA headers in stainless!

an introductory price of $699.95, that's $100.00 less than what he wanted to sell them at :eek: If the first run sells out, place an order and have it put on back order so that you get them at the introductory price :D

TA V2009 '86-'87 231 Turbo V6 Stock Replacement Headers .......................................... $699.95
TA V2009C '86-'87 231 Turbo V6 Stock Replacement Crossover .................................... $175.00
TA V2009D '86-'87 231 Turbo V6 Stock Replacement Drivers Side Header ....................... $325.00

The parts look great and I think this is a good price......I know you have put a lot of work in this project.....nice job again ....:D

True, but with very little work it could be an HA header.:eek: Something to think about.:biggrin: How about it?

There is no way the potential sales of hot air headers could justify production numbers? :eek:

If you are serious, send me a pass side hot air header and I will give you a quote on a batch of 5 pass side headers, or more if you like. At least 5 units would be needed initially to cover the tooling and fixture costs.

With a pass side from us, you could then purchase the driver side and crossover from TA.

My guess, the pass side in stainless and small batches, would be a couple hundred $$ more than the TA driver's side header.

There is no way the potential sales of hot air headers could justify production numbers? :eek:

If you are serious, send me a pass side hot air header and I will give you a quote on a batch of 5 pass side headers, or more if you like. At least 5 units would be needed initially to cover the tooling and fixture costs.

With a pass side from us, you could then purchase the driver side and crossover from TA.

My guess, the pass side in stainless and small batches, would be a couple hundred $$ more than the TA driver's side header.

The only difference I see is a slight modification to the front of the passengers side Nick. The jig you currently have would work except for the up pipe location. I'll end up making my own jig and see how it works first I guess. I'd like to see you break it down so I can get parts to do it. Such as individual tubes you used. Basically a "kit" of parts could be made for sale for those of us that are adventurous enough to make them ourselves.

Looks nice.
I hope this isn't a dumb question. Is the crossover pipe in 2 pieces?

Hey everybody, I know price has been a sore spot on these headers and I've been pestering dad about it and have talked to him quite a few times regarding it, well I have big news. After some arguing and smooth talking I was able to convince him to drop the price of the first run of headers and have them listed at an introductory price of $699.95, that's $100.00 less than what he wanted to sell them at :eek: If the first run sells out, place an order and have it put on back order so that you get them at the introductory price :D I hope this helps out some of you guys who were interested in a set but the price was too high :) Everything is in our computer system, the catalog has been updated and the headers are being made as we speak so you can call in and order a set and they'll be shipped as soon as we get em!

TA V2009 '86-'87 231 Turbo V6 Stock Replacement Headers .......................................... $699.95
TA V2009C '86-'87 231 Turbo V6 Stock Replacement Crossover .................................... $175.00
TA V2009D '86-'87 231 Turbo V6 Stock Replacement Drivers Side Header ....................... $325.00

I have a passenger side header I would be glad to loan for the
development. If I read it right, you are saying maybe $500/$600
for a passenger side HA header, if somebody will order 5 of them?
is this correct?

Would it be possible for you to e-mail me a picture of the pass side header, or direct me to a site that would have one?

I know we need to do a fixture, but would like to get a closer look at the header to see if what we already have would be a good starting point, as that would keep the cost to a minimum.

Thanks. :)

I can e mail a photo, but it will be a couple of days, unless I can find
my old Poston catalog. I will send photos with the 86/87 pass side with it
for comparision, too.

I can e mail a photo, but it will be a couple of days, unless I can find my old Poston catalog.........

With that said, I found my dusty Poston's catalog. :)

I will take the pic to the fab shop today and get info on what we can do. :cool:

With that said, I found my dusty Poston's catalog. :)

I will take the pic to the fab shop today and get info on what we can do. :cool:

Keith (turbonut85) sent me some pics of the Poston header with tape measurements if you want them Nick. They were very helpfull when I was trying to see what the difference was for the passenger side. If you want them I'll be more than happy to send them to you along with what research I've done so far.:smile:

Keith (turbonut85) sent me some pics of the Poston header with tape measurements if you want them Nick. They were very helpfull when I was trying to see what the difference was for the passenger side. If you want them I'll be more than happy to send them to you along with what research I've done so far.:smile:

Thanks Charlie, any info will be appreciated to help determine if this can be a viable project. :)

There are 2 issues that make it tough to build the header within a reasonable cost. First is to spread the fixture over only 5 units, other is not purchasing material in large enough quantities to get a decent break on the price.

We will first look at just doing a stock-type pass side hot air header since the driver side and crossover are the same as intercooled.

Even if we can build a hot air pass side for the price TA is selling the driver header, the set price would be over $800?

Cool.:smile: The only differences I reall see is the location of the front cylinder location for the up pipe versus the turbo mounting flange. I don't think it would be to hard for you to do. If you wouldn't mind send me a pic of the passenger side jig you have now so I can get a better idea of how you made it please. I may be able to help you either modify it so it can be used for both of them or make a new one.:cool:

Anyone actually have these on a car yet? Seriously considering these for my car as I have been struggling with leaky headers for a while. Main concern is them sealing up. I bought a replacement DS header in stainless a few years back and then the cross over would not seal up to it very well. I would spend the extra $ if that is even a possiblity. I like the V-bands that TA uses on the high perf set they sell, but my car would not benifit from them. Spoke to TA and the new sets are close to shipping (within the month) Just a little shy about being one of the first sets to go on a vehical ya know?

Just out of curiousity, why wasthe OE type 406 stainless used? I thought it was far less superior than 304 etc. Wasn't the quality of stainless the reason the stock headers were prone to cracking anyways? I'm no expert by any means, but curiousity has me.