NEW - stock replacement USA headers in stainless!

So when will they be available for purchase? I would rather buy a set instead of repairing my stock ones which have already been repaired a few times by the previous owner.

They really look great but how come you guys don't weld the pipe to the flange on the outside?

Good looking headers Nick. This will be my next (and last) major purchase for my car.

Please shoot me a price for the complete setup with JetHot (ceramic) coating.

Thanks, Bill

Everything you guys build is top notch, those headers look really nice.
Mike

Looks good! Now I have a dumb question. These are to flow better then the stock manifolds correct?

The stock replacement headers are in the final stage of production. As usual, with a new product, there have been some delays in the first production run.

The head flanges had been delayed, so our only option was to use the current flanges use on the first run of the stock replacement headers.

It appears that we will have a set or 2 of these headers in Bowling Green. Dennis Kirban will be showing them, and possibly have some for sale.

This is based upon on us having the headers here first for trial fit before any are released for sale.

An update on progress will be posted here within a week.

Thanks to everyone for their interest. :)

Thanks as that answers my question about Dennis Kirbans headers.

Everything you guys build is top notch, those headers look really nice.
Mike

Thank you, I was very impressed by these when I had them out to take pictures. Everything is very strong and very nicely done.

Looking nice.

Pricing?

Will be posted as soon as we figure up our costs.

Looks good! Now I have a dumb question. These are to flow better then the stock manifolds correct?

These will fill the gap between a stock header and our high performance turbo headers so yes better than stock.

So Nick, you don't think the two piece crossover needs a clamp of some sort?

The crossover is the same design used on all TA/ArizonaGN headers.

This design has also been used on other high performance headers, and no chance for leaking there. :smile:

To answer another question, yes, I do think these headers will outperform stock headers for 2 reasons.

First, the driver side header is a true 3-into-1 design that will allow better transition and flow.

Second, the pass side header has less restriction for the feeder tubes going into the main runner.

Like all of our headers, flow velocity is a major design goal for performance. :D

Another design factor with our headers is ease of installation.

well...awesome

Put me in line also!!! Now does the new headers require aftermarket downpipe? Or will it bolt up to the existing downpipe wasegate etc... thanks for any advice

Nice addition to the community and a fair price. ;)

The slip fit crossover has been around for a while, it worked on the Postons, :wink::wink:.

I take it all the pipes are stock ID?

Just to ramble, any option for 4 bolt and wastegate?

Here's an up to date description for the headers:

1986-1987 231 Turbo V6 Stock Replacement Headers

TA Performance is known for the highest quality in Buick aftermarket headers, and these are our most recent example. These new headers will retain the same high tech features and manufacturing methods used in our highly successful performance headers, the best fitting and most powerful Turbo V6 headers ever produced and sold.

All fabrication and materials will be 100% USA, nothing imported. These are 3/8" thick precision cut steel. The turbo flange will also be the same precision cut 3/8" thick piece currently on TA headers with elongated hole for precise turbo/downpipe alignment. This design will be similar to the now defunct Poston style, as the driver's side header will be a direct stock replacement. You WILL be able to purchase just a replacement header for the driver's side.

Since a stock type crossover pipe will be utilized, they may be available as a single purchase part also. These should fit all downpipes that fit with stock headers.

Part No.
TA_V2009 '86-'87 231 Turbo V6 Stock Replacement Header ........... $TBD

The final price has yet to be determined, but the estimated selling price is $799 due to the headers being upgraded to stainless steel.