NEW - stock replacement USA headers in stainless!

hello people; Stock headers crack. What's going to make new ones not crack?
IBBY

....As for the price... There was comments that came from TA in the beginning that these would be around tha $500 range. Then Mike came out and said that the price had to be raised to $799 due to using stainless. Now you say $699. The price is not outrageous, but I know a lot of people were hoping the "affordible" range of $500 would be the area we would end up at. That was the sole purpose of my comment that I was hoping for a lower price.............Mike

Mike, you had 3 posts in this thread about price, and Ted was not out of line in his comment to you, just trying to make a point - sorry you took it personally.

There was NEVER any pricing or "estimates" of $500 for these headers from TA or myself. :confused:

Some members were hoping to see that, but it is not a realistic range for a quality stainless steel header. I have seen and worked with most of the off-shore crap, and it is NOT quality in material or workmanship, much less a poor copy. :mad:

As far as performance, my opinion and experience so far with the TA stock replacement headers is that they will perform at least as good as stockers, maybe improved performance in some areas, but are better quality.

The driver side header being a 3-into-1 design is more efficient than stock, so that is a plus factor for performance and reliability.

If you want max header performance from a production header, then the TA race version is without a doubt the best.

You want a total max performance header, our custom built headers run from $1200 to $3000 depending on the customer's requirements. :cool:

Stop being a bitch about a comment. I was not crying - but just making a comment and hoping for positive information for results!

I don't appreciate your approach, as you havn't a clue about me or what I am able to do. I decide how I will spend my money and you will NEVER influence my decisions. For all I care, you can take one of these header pipes and ram it up your behind. That will still not influence me to or not to buy a set of these headers either. So, do it for your own enjoyment - not mine.

This board is here to help support the Buick community. My comment was in no way negative like you have taken it. I was only voicing my hopes that they would be more affordable to me and others. I am also asking the powers that have the ability to test side by side the difference with hopes to aid in the selling power of this product, especially to me.

All I am asking for here is NUMBERS. What do these headers do outside looks and hearsay? My post was positive feeding except the price comment.

Enjoy all,
Mike

I see you do indeed confirm above you were complaining, so my point was well founded.

What numbers are you looking for? Does Nick and TA have to break down the labor/fab cost then will you complain that $20.00/hr or $50.00/hr too much, or will you question the cost on the stainless steel, or welding rod and shielding gas, or the electric bill to weld the headers? The point I was trying to make is you are indeed whining about the price and I figured you may have been on to something and felt maybe the price in your eyes was too high so I thought you might be able to help out Nick and TA with some cost cutting help so they might be able to sell them for your perceived appropriate cost.

I don't really have the time or the pipes to shove up my *** and to be honest with you I am not into that kind of thing, and in no way would I think doing that would influence you (or anybody for that matter :eek:) to buy the headers from TA/Nick. I am sorry you don't like to be told how it is, but somebody has to do it, so if you can't afford to buy the headers maybe you can save up over the year and purchase a nice set of proven headers or move on and keep a eye on the parts for sale section and beat down a seller there..... Your call....

I personally am OK with the price and when I am ready for my next purchase of headers TA/Nick will get my business, even if the price goes up a bit it wouldn't bother me none. I'd rather pay a little more for a quality product and I think TA has proven themselves.

headers

hey guys would you put these on a stage two motor with champion alluminum heads :cool:thanks in advance

Guys, let's not pollute a supporting vendor's thread with BS.
Have some turkey and take a nap.

hello people; Stock headers crack. What's going to make new ones not crack?
IBBY

They aren't 20 years old, they are a better grade of stainless and they will "probably" not be abused as much as the stock headers were with as much daily driving and stuff like these cars did when new (obviously that one doesn't apply to everyone).

hey guys would you put these on a stage two motor with champion alluminum heads :cool:thanks in advance

This is very much my question dealing with the comments pointed at me regaurding my comments. I do appreciate what TA does for our cars. But when someone jumps in and ridicules me, and they are someone that is not going to use this product, sort of chaps my behind a little.

I want to know what the headers will do for the ones that will actually use them. They are definately an appearance and sound improvement without leaks from cracks. Not what someone that runs a S2 motor would be using, and doesn't see the street like the majority of the people on this board. We are not all racers. We are just wanna bees that can't afford the good stuff...

Mike

Mike, you had 3 posts in this thread about price, and Ted was not out of line in his comment to you, just trying to make a point - sorry you took it personally.

There was NEVER any pricing or "estimates" of $500 for these headers from TA or myself. :confused:

Some members were hoping to see that, but it is not a realistic range for a quality stainless steel header. I have seen and worked with most of the off-shore crap, and it is NOT quality in material or workmanship, much less a poor copy. :mad:

As far as performance, my opinion and experience so far with the TA stock replacement headers is that they will perform at least as good as stockers, maybe improved performance in some areas, but are better quality.

The driver side header being a 3-into-1 design is more efficient than stock, so that is a plus factor for performance and reliability.

If you want max header performance from a production header, then the TA race version is without a doubt the best.

You want a total max performance header, our custom built headers run from $1200 to $3000 depending on the customer's requirements. :cool:

Nick

Look at post 37. They called TA and got a price around $500 and posted it in the thread. So the price was brought up and was never disputed by you or Mike.

Mike

Got mine today. For $699 I am very satisfied with the quality! The way I seen it was I could keep wasting my money on welding up the stockers or I could buy a quality set that would last me a long while.

Big thanks to Nick/TA for continuing to build quality products for our cars when most companies would basically laugh at the thought!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 499
heres mine polished and then installed

Attachments

• 1011001837.jpg
    1011001837.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 493
  • 1011001838.jpg
    1011001838.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 496
  • 1106001244a.jpg
    1106001244a.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 489
  • 1106001244b.jpg
    1106001244b.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 485
Got mine today. For $699 I am very satisfied with the quality! The way I seen it was I could keep wasting my money on welding up the stockers or I could buy a quality set that would last me a long while.

Big thanks to Nick/TA for continuing to build quality products for our cars when most companies would basically laugh at the thought!
great choice. yo will love the way they give low end grunt and spool faster.

Look great!!

Jd
thanks

Still awaiting on a response on the type of stainless used. What kind is it? Would the bulbs be expected to oval over time? I am just curious on this as I am sure there is no real way of predicting that. How is the slip joint held together?

Still awaiting on a response on the type of stainless used. What kind is it? Would the bulbs be expected to oval over time? I am just curious on this as I am sure there is no real way of predicting that. How is the slip joint held together?
you would break the bolts before you could oval these. that was another reason i got them the bulbs are at least 1/8 to 3/16 thick way bigger than stock and as far as the slip joint it is super tight no leaks

Out of curiosity, if you disregard price, how would one decide if they should purchase the stock replacement headers or the high performance headers? At what point do the performance headers really show a benefit?

Thanks, Dave

i am also looking to buy headers but like mnwe4 asked.. at what point do you cross over to high performance??

i also didnt see the answer to this question.. is the OE quality of the stainless steel going to be a factor in the future?

im going to have a stroker 109 built and dont know if i should buy these or go for the performance headers.. thanks,tony

Nick, I have a quick question; How difficult or expensive might it be if a customer wanted a T4 flange on the header instead of the 3 bolt?? The reason I ask is, I've recently done a lot of research on the new Borg Warner line of EFR turbos, and IMHO, once those turbos catch on, there could be nice demand for a T4 mount.