Looking at a new car,what do you think?

InHock

Please dont bash me but I am looking at the new Ford Tauras twin turbo SHO car. Really looks good and pulls like a slightly modified GN.Does anyone have one or recomend something else? I might wait for the new Z-28 with 550+hp which will be another year away but maybe worth waiting for. Just started looking today so If you guys know of something else I would sure go look at it. I want american made,not some car from another country!!

Buyem Both!

I saw a camaro come into the lane next to my TT while I was waiting at light today. He took a red light right (allowed in NH) so I got to see the back of the camaro.... Looks NICE!

I have not seen the Tuarus only at ford webpage but that would be more sleeper material.

I would never buy the first year of a car like that (TT SHO). Wait a couple of years until they get the bugs worked out.

If you are going to buy a TT Ford get the Lincoln MKS (I think thats it). It has the same motor and frame as the Taurus just better styling.

If you are going to buy a Ford, how about a Marauder?

They seem pretty sweet with the cobra engine. Plus you know all the issues with them because they have been around for a few years, because you know the SHO will have issues.

Interesting and painful video.

I watched this on TV this weekend. Looks like the little Ford V6 just plain works. I was impressed.
The Showdown | The Engine | www.6versus8.com

As I watched the video I thought this will be interesting and it was. My only gripe is with the commentary by the lady who acts like she raced all over the world but in reality may have only raced to find a parking spot at the shoe store. As far as the car goes, I like the car and would love to have one but call it what u want its still a Ford, and thats a problem for me.

Saw a SHO at the local ford dealer.............Only 45K......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Compared to the older SHO this one is narrower and sits way higher- like a tractor. I was reading some review on it in some car mag and it just didn't look right. I suppose a few mods and it would be ok. At least Ford is thinking about us people on the "fringe" of polite society. Personally, I'd wait and see what the Z28 is all about.

:cool:;)

As I watched the video I thought this will be interesting and it was. My only gripe is with the commentary by the lady who acts like she raced all over the world but in reality may have only raced to find a parking spot at the shoe store. As far as the car goes, I like the car and would love to have one but call it what u want its still a Ford, and thats a problem for me.

Yeh, I hear you on the Ford thing. I have always been a GM guy. But, I will say that I have seen a few Fords that are pretty sweet rides. I love the new Mustang GT500 and the new F150 is a great truck.I had a chance to drive the GT500 and it was great. I think the Ford versus GM thing is getting fuzzy for me. I like certain models of both.