In need of some advice.

You are not far from Richard Clark in Charlotte area you might want to make arrangements to bring the car there.

Yes i have contacted him . he runs outlaw class drag and is a jz turbo guy. He told me to dind a gn regal tuner because every make is different. He made a concern when assembly of this motor but didnt feel like the felpro would make that much difference since i was driving it on street. Will measure piston clearance to block when i get chance.

I'm more concerned with compression height, how much the piston is down/out of the bore. What you actually had for compression ratio. How much clearance you have piston to valve. Just lots of questions when you have things assembled and really don't know what the people did. I don't doubt this individual has an outlaw drag car. I don't doubt his abilities, what I do doubt is his experience assembling Buick v6 engines.
You have some work ahead of you. Do some reading on this forum and see just how many "my guy does x and he knows all about engine assembly", and the results.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

I with you. On that. I've talk with a couple of people on here about balancing and such and no one seems to want to give info . i know this man builds cars for alot of people in GA and i thought it would be my best choice for where I'm at. Took me almost 2 years for him to do it.

Richard does not do any tuning. Sydwyndr ( Clint) , and SloGN (Patrick) do the tuning at Richards shop. Built in Dyno on site and ANYTHING the car would need is readily available.
Good luck

Bryan

from the top of the pistons it looks fine. Your saying there could be damage that im not seeing?
Absolutely. I ALWAYS do a compression test before I disassembled an injured engine I intend to repair. The last small block I wounded had two cylinders with very low compression, and a couple of more that were loer than normal. Pulled the heads, saw nothing wrong with the gaskets, and nothing wrong with the tops of the pistons. No signs of detonation, nothing. Pulled the pistons out, and found 5 pistons cracked between the first and second ring.

What head gasket? E85 can pre-ignite if lean and aggressive timing. It is not the same as high octane race fuel out of a drum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard Clark is a well respected name in the TR community and you won't be disappointed.
Don't forget to look into the GS Nationals in oct. 14-17 in Bowling Green, Ky. It will be an opportunity to meet w/ some of the guys on the board here.

Bowling Green KY is a great time with or without the car ...
If you can make it there you will meet a lot of fun people and make some new friends. Usually some good BBQ going on too . I will be there from the 13th to the 17th with the North Carolina crew and the Florida boys.

Bryan

Sounds like like me . im a Florida native in Carolina. This was a dream car i always wanted. Finally got me one and even though it in pieces in my garage and a ton of money it still brings a smile to see it.

Sounds like like me . im a Florida native in Carolina. This was a dream car i always wanted. Finally got me one and even though it in pieces in my garage and a ton of money it still brings a smile to see it.
Me thinks you've got the fever!!!

Well my
Dad always said you got to die of something.. Lol this phone sucks. Texting and driving