" Some Assembly Required "

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Bought this G body angle boss to finally move my IACV from out of the way of my 4" turbo inlet tube and rubber adapter.
Figured they were the closest to me now and I needed one quick. Should have just called Jason at RJC since this shipped out of an Indiana warehouse anyway.
Couldn't screw my new IACV into it because it interfered with the lower surface where the bolt goes in, couldn't even start it as shipped.
So I ground off the bosses on the IACV so I could screw it in there and ground and filed a bit of the lower interference on the angle boss as well. Installed it and had an air leak so I found the bosses were still interfering and not allowing it to fully seat. Put back my stock setup for a few days with a bad idle and had places to go and drs. to see etc.
Got the hacksaw out, since my machinist retired at 100 years of age, and lopped off the lower part of the housing about 3/16" and the cap screw had no issues, cleaned it up a little with a file, and got the shavings out of it. Used my second IACV new valve and installed it and it works ok.
Gasket as supplied was larger in diameter and also interfered with screwing it in, used the Delphi one that came with the new valves instead, gasket was .035" that came with the angle boss, the Delphi one is .040" thick.
Here's some pics. of the hack job on it but if you can get it to spin on and seal to the front that's all the clearance you need flush with the top of the cap screw would work the screw does not interfere with the IACV housing.
Good luck to all that get one make sure you can seal the IACV to the housing with your gasket of choice (Delphi/GM).
Car runs and idles great now using the Caspers repair splice since not having an angle adapter over time kinda crushed the original one. Make sure if you splice one of these onto your harness wiring you find the right colors, the factory blue turns to green over time and you can mix them up without a good light and your cheaters on.
IMG_0531A.jpg
IMG_0532A.jpg
IMG_0534A.jpg
IMG_0535A.jpg
IMG_0538A.jpg
IMG_0539A.jpg

Well I'm glad nobody else bought one of these things. :cool:
Or if they did they ain't talkin' 'about it. ;)
Off idle throttle response is great in that 9 degree air today. :cool:

it's crazy you had to go through that process and sad that crappy parts are willingly sold as the solution.

there is/was also an anodized black version being sold as well. I got one as a door prize at a vendor's open house. I gave it to a guy standing near me who mumbled now he has to buy one after this freeby was awarded. told him it would only be a desk paperweight for me. he was quite surprised and noted they were about $90 and didn't want to accept a free part he was going to buy anyway. he was accepting of paying a couple of bucks for gas money.

wonder if he had the same problems? I agree, seems like no one wants to share their experience with this mess.

That's odd musta been a bad batch or a bad "copy".
Everybody use the G body parts one?

I have one that was given to me and never installed it . Now I have the Cruz LS IAC adapter going in and won't need it . If someone wants it let me know and I'll see if I can find it , just pay for shipping .

Sam see if yoiu can find it, I'd be interested in knowing if you could screw in an IACV into it.
The black annodized was an extra $10, I bought the natural aluminum one.

I see RJC makes one so I think that is the way I will go. I hate saving $10 and aggravating myself. Everything I have purchased from the Cramer's has fit perfect,shipped fast and worked as it was suppose to.
Thanks for the heads up

I see RJC makes one so I think that is the way I will go. I hate saving $10 and aggravating myself. Everything I have purchased from the Cramer's has fit perfect,shipped fast and worked as it was suppose to.
Thanks for the heads
Angle Boss IAC adapter is the way to go Kevin.
I had issues with the style offered by RJC full throttle/ champion & others interfering with the throttle body coolant nipple & could not use.
The BOP Angle Boss design fit like a glove with no such clearance issues
These are available from GBody Parts, Cruz Performance & GN1 Performance ,
Just a heads up

Last edited:
Angle Boss IAC adapter is the way to go Kevin.
I had issues with the style offered by RJC full throttle/ champion & others interfering with the throttle body coolant nipple & could not use.
The BOP Angle Boss design fit like a glove with no such clearance issues
These are available from GBody Parts, Cruz Performance & GN1 Performance ,
Just a heads up

I'm doubting the one sold by GBody is a Cruz part. On the Cruz website you can see an IACV actually can be screwed into the thing as made and delivered. :p
The GN1 version looks different as well, 4 short screws vs. 3 short and 1 long for the other versions.
Different gaskets supplied as well with some models, would like to see if the GBody version is different from others. It also has a V6 logo on it that others don't, may be a different CNC process and supplier.
I think I should have just called Jason he ships fast, but luckily I got mine to work and it idles great now.
New problem is VOLT light doesn't come on when below 15 degrees or so outside, and Caspers is closed this week. :cry: Banging on the dash usually works though. :oops:

Just contact BOP engineering for the original part & be done with all the 2nd guessing 🙄

A little late for that, posted about the G Body part here, don't need another just yet. :)
No need to buy twice if you have a hacksaw and some files. ;)

Sam
Is it an RJC piece or a copy?? If it is Cramer's I would be interested and put a price on it for me.
Thanks