In need of some advice.

In it. Going to Have to wait till she goes to work to take over it. Lol

Car ran fine for 4 hundred break in miles. Fine. Then when car would start to go into making boost i notice my fuel pressure would not go up but down with it and the car acts like it was running out of gas. When i let of the gas it would jump back running fine but it would never get into boost i traced to back to a clogged strainer. That e 85 is something special. It ate threw the outer coating of my braided fuel line down to stainless.
So, is your fuel line repaired now and you are having this new problem? Or is this your latest discovery?
And no, the stock computer will have to be upgraded w/new drivers unless a manufacturer recently came out w/a set.

Yes i took it up to work where i had room and dropped the tank. Fixed my fuel line and strainer then on my way home this happened.

OK, this is the new problem.
Do you still have the egr valve connected? There is a possibility that it is open and your sucking in exhaust.

Is it a possibility the throttle plate is open too much? Did some one try and adjust it?

Dont understand throttle plate? I notice my tps was acting up. The number on my scan master was inconsistent with what i was soing with pedal. Car would idle at 44 then 42 reading would go down when i was driving. Was on my way to chevrolet dealer ship then decided to just go home and call. Then this happened. Drove it maybe 5 miles since fuel delivery problem was fixed.
Will definitely need to change it when all is back together.

The round brass plate attached to the tps shaft. there is an adjusting screw w/a spring, on the d/s linkage, that acts as a stop for the t/b.

Passenger head gasket blown.

Attachments

• 1438035403092.jpg
    1438035403092.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 91
What are my best choice for a head gasket? Also a set of 120s with a ecm?

Cometics are the most popular h/g's and a mod'd ecm for the 120's.(E-85 safe) I just bought a set on the "parts for sale" section. They're new injector sets for a group buy in by turbo89 on page 3. Give him a holler, he may be able to help. They were $345.00 shp'd. The cometics are sold by our venders and come in a variety of thicknesses. I believe Bob Bailey may still have mod'd ecms or can mod yours. Alsoi check the parts for sale section as sometimes they are offered on there for a good price.

Would like to by from a vendor. Not worth taking a chance . i will check that out. Was thinking of buying injectors and chip ecm so everything would be right. What are your thoughts?

Would like to by from a vendor. Not worth taking a chance . i will check that out. Was thinking of buying injectors and chip ecm so everything would be right. What are your thoughts?
Eric (turbtweak) offers the combo's, @ a fair rate, can't go wrong w/him. Unfortunately doesn't offer the ecm's. Only B.Bailey does.

My thoughts are you should pull this engine and have the bottom end checked by a machinist with the proper tooling first. Then by an aftermarket ECM like XFI, hire a tuner to install and tune it along with an adequate fuel system. This includes a fuel cell, pumps, lines, and injectors. You will also need to likely invest in a different wastegate setup. With the prior chain of events you will have a hard time making it out of your driveway with an open loop system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds like a good plan. I had a guy who buimt this motor in Augusta. He told me that the paper gasket was crap and the injectors where a little small. Again u thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal since it wasn't going to be a track car. This motor was internal balanced . from the top of the pistons it looks fine. Your saying there could be damage that im not seeing? Also do you k ow of a tuner around upstate South Carolina or Charlotte north Carolina that still works on these cars. I know of no one in greenville sc

If it detonated hard enough to lift a head, you can be sure the bearings took a beating on that rod and possibly the mains on either side. Depends on how big a risk taker you are. You were driving and you felt what it took. When it sounds like a coffee can shaking some Rocks around, it isn't hard to hurt parts.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Bison . i hear what your saying. Is it possible the gasket i used was to thin and compression was to great a blew the h.g. out.? I never heard and knocking sounds car was at 195 temp and car was never pushed hard. Here is what u have. Block is 40 over so i know i had the block decked dont how many times other owner had it decked. It was 30 over when i rebuilt it. Champion ported head with matching intake also champion new diamond pistons with h bean rods forged crank 206 206 roller cam with roller rockers. every thing .was new. the 60s and chip i got for my eric for my setup. He told me not to run pass 22psi. I used a felpro gasket set when rebuild. Car was never pushed hard. Is it possible the cheap gasket couldn't handle to compression? How do i determine the gasket thickness?

Last edited:
Now we are getting into bad parts or poor assembly? I've not used felpro hg for a tr, but I'm not in your league when we start up with the forged crank and such. For the stock type stuff I do victor reinz works real good. I think if I was to jump to your level some cosmetic hg and the kit/instructions to install might be the way I would go.
Now we get to the fact that the block was decked(how much? Who knows) you are at .040 over. Was it zero decked? How far down the hole are the pistons? I think there are a bunch more things you need to know besides compressed hg thickness. Who assembled this if you care to divulge? Have you contacted them?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk