I see this site still has a slow server...

It's not the computers problem directly. It would fall on one of three things.

- The database is slow as snot and needs to be run accross multiple spindles to service the volume of requests. Work has been done to improve speed but, unless it's on more spindles the seek time will suffer and can cause timeouts. (This may be going on).

- Someones link is having issues. Be it provider or hosting side.

- DNS is having issues looking up some of the external or internally linked content. I am curious as to how the load balancing and fail-over is setup. If it's replicated to another server and request distribution is handled through round robin dns resolution, that can be a problem on machines running vista, xp sp3 and most other unix OSes.

It's not 2 seconds here, and again THIS IS THE ONLY SITE THAT IS THAT SLOW.

Just because it isn't slow for you doesn't mean there isn't a problem elsewhere :rolleyes:

Dig a little deaper, it's not people's personal computers, why would every other site run fast but this one if it were the individual computers :confused:

Sounds like you're passing the buck... "AHH WELL, I dont have a problem, so there mustn't be one, sorry!" <---- that is how this sounds...

Well I dont have a problem, faster than ever for me.

Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Server at turbobuick.com

^^^
I get this at home and I get it at work. It takes me three or four tries to get on the site. Once I'm on, I can move around pretty good.

I have to say I go on alot of sites. I have Cox Hi-speed internet and this is by far the slowest site I go on. Especially when im leaving the posts.

Same problem here, since site came back up it's Sloooooooooow. No problem on any other sites.

The biggest problem for me is I have to go to google and type tb.com and click a link. Even then only 1 out of 3 times will it load and when it does it is slow as heck! I am on a university campus that has Internet twice as fast as (or seems that's way) my cable Internet at home!

I still come here I just don't lurk as much. And my fad always calls me bitching about
how he can't get on either. Hopefully there is an answer!!

Thanks Jason

For the last 3 or 4 days its been saying "Servor not found"

I'm having withdrawal:frown:

slow

real slow here, w/ roadrunner lite and IE7 using a favorite link to the forums

Jim

Site is definatly VERY slow on my end,sometimes I click the link and then shut it out after waiting sometime,it gets old for sure...

I timed it,17 seconds to load the page once I clicked the link to this forum...I have super fast connection and all other forums are instant...It takes around 3-10 seconds to go from area to area once on...

Definatly a issue if Jay and other people are super fast and many others are super slow,maybe it goes by the estimated speed of each persons car?

I had a bud access the site from his home PC with wyfi and even he made a comment about it being slow. This was around 12:00 hours today. There's got to be an issue of some sort but I can't tell you what it is.

Seems fast today. May depend on what adds are up top like was mentioned earlier. I can say, if there where AT&T adds it would shut the site down.
They have them on Evilbay sometimes, I can here my harddrive start sounding like a Turbo spooling up. :eek:

I timed it,17 seconds to load the page once I clicked the link to this forum...I have super fast connection and all other forums are instant...It takes around 3-10 seconds to go from area to area once on...

Definatly a issue if Jay and other people are super fast and many others are super slow,maybe it goes by the estimated speed of each persons car?

It seems to take me 3 to 10 seconds from area to area also. Oh, I went 9.75 a couple weeks ago.. so that def aint it!! ;)

So far on this time I'm at 5 minutes and 25 seconds. the last time took me about 10 seconds and the banner at the top was Lou's auto. This time it's Gbody.com. The multimedia flashing adds seem to be the problem. The simple ones don't effect the down load.

It's not the computers problem directly. It would fall on one of three things.

- The database is slow as snot and needs to be run accross multiple spindles to service the volume of requests. Work has been done to improve speed but, unless it's on more spindles the seek time will suffer and can cause timeouts. (This may be going on).

- Someones link is having issues. Be it provider or hosting side.

- DNS is having issues looking up some of the external or internally linked content. I am curious as to how the load balancing and fail-over is setup. If it's replicated to another server and request distribution is handled through round robin dns resolution, that can be a problem on machines running vista, xp sp3 and most other unix OSes.

yeah what he said:biggrin:

IM running Linux Ubuntu OS with FF browser, great connection but just seems to be lag when I first come in.. dunno but as long as its not down I'll deal with it.

Jay has reported this to the support team...

I have viewed this from Time Warner Cable Turbo, regular TWC, DSL, and smart phone. All response time is the same.

It has to be a network/location thing...

We are doing what we can... Please bare with us!

It's particular adds that are locking it up. If the add takes time to load the page will not complete it's load. So you sit there, waiting, waiting and waiting for one add to load...a particularly bad one is the google adds...Your advertisements are draggin this site down.