Has ebay lost their minds?

So far I have been lucky, not a dead beat bidder. I read that you should be able to do it after a certain amount of time, but maybe I am wrong, it has happened once this year. :biggrin:
Yeah,I thought that was how it was supposed to work also but so far no luck.

sellers that are saying that they can't leave neg for people that take 2 or 3 weeks for payment should already know that you post payment in so many days or you can file non payment. i had a guy try to charge me $30.00 to ship me 4 center caps from minn. to chicago and then tried to screw me with neg f-b for nonpayment.if i didn't file a shipping overcharge complaint before him my f-b would have suffered there are ton's of sellers(hell of a lot more than buyers) that screw people over then screw them again with neg f-b sellers can and should report to ebay any false f-b for shipping show proof of when shipped show proof of payment p-pal is dated m-o's are dated postage on env. dated show proof neg f-b goes away and that person gets it

I like the new feedback policy and I'll give you a recent example of why,

4 weeks ago I bought a set of emblems from a guy on E-bay( he's probably on this site too) and paid for them instantly. After 3 1/2 weeks if emailing him with no response other than "its on the way" and finally filing a paypal dispute he decides to ship the items probably unaware of the new feedback policy and being accustomed to people leaving positive feedback regardless of service quality out of fear of retaliation. UPS lable was dated 26th I recieved the package on the 27th.....one day it took to actually arrive being that the shipper was only 400 miles away. So for 3 weeks this guy had my money and I had no items. If it were the old feedback system I'm pretty sure I would have let him get away with this but with the changes I was able to leave him a nuetral which was being generous. Afteralll the items were nice he just took WAY too long to ship. Communication is key though. I most likey would of understood if he had took the time to communicate....

IMO this new sytem will separate the good sellers form the arrogant ones that tend to forget who ultimately keeps them in business....the customer.

I agree with The Darkside.... as a buyer once I complete the transaction by paying I should receive feedback based on my actions. If I take days/weeks to pay for an item then neutral or negative feedback should be left. The sellers feedback shouldn't be based off the the rating the buyer gave the seller.
I personally don't leave feedback on a transaction as a buyer until the seller does.
JMO..........

The ONLY neg feedback I have is because I left a neg for a seller that cashed my M/O and never sent the part!:mad: He then claimed to have never recieved payment. BTW his feedback rating now is -3:eek: Oh and his feedbacks are PRIVATE now. I got burned by the retaliation of leaving negative feedback. I can see why legit sellers would be upset though.