I am SOOOO over Ebay........

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
I sell maybe 10 items a year on the Fleabay. Buyers are given a license to do what ever they want and how they want. The buyer is OVER protected to the point that sleeze balls take advantage of the system. "Hey that looks like I could rip someone off on Ebay." So they buy it...... the general description is accurate and the many pics show the buyer what he is getting. Item is promptly shipped and when buyer receives, there is no contact or communication, but a case opened. What??? Really??? Now they cut straight to opening cases these days.... Ebay freezes your paypal and all transactions within the last 48hrs. So my tranfer of money into my account BEFORE any of this happened was REVERSED! and put me to a NEGATIVE account balance!!
I give up....... Seems like going to a car dealership to buy a car that day. Your going to get screwed either way. You will get less screwed if you drag it out for a month.
I have never had a problem selling GN or TTA parts and that is because most of us are honest about what we buy and sell.
Anyway, I had to vent because there is no recourse for this crap. I have received 3 negative feedbacks in the last 2 years.... The buyers when straight to the negative button and had no contact to make anything right. I got 1 of them to give me a neutral as I pleaded with this little punk...All over $23 parts that didnt come with hardware.. and in the description is says,"what you see is what you get."
Just had to vent this out because I dont mind selling things on Ebay, but the "Bad deals" always swing in the buyers favor PERIOD.
Im just done with this Ebay crap. I really isnt a fair transaction anymore. With over 250 transactions within 12 years, I notice a big difference in they way buyers are treating sellers unfairly. .You can google a lot of this.All to hold them at the mercy of the negative feedback. Pathetic....
SELLER BEWARE! in todays times.

Don't you also get to leave feedback on them? I use ebay from time to time and I've received feedback from the sellers I purchase from. Yes it sucks when you have to deal with 'punks' like that. I've had to open one case against a seller in all the years I've used ebay. I did attempt to work out the problem with him but he wouldn't help. He misrepresented his item as 'working perfectly' when it was in fact malfunctioning badly. I told him I wanted a full refund and he gets the item back or a partial refund in the amount of the cost to repair the item. If ebay's way of handling sellers like that wasn't like it is I would have been screwed. I guess its a lose/lose situation. I guess what I'm saying is that its not ebay, its people. People just suck sometimes. Everytime a screwing happens with any situation it always boils down to a shady character or punk with no character. If you rely on income from selling stuff on ebay I feel for you man because I don't think crap like this is going to get any better.

No, I don't make a living at eBay. It irritates me to no end that people try and screw other people in a controlled environment like eBay. Yes, it will get worse because of the newer generation of people growing up in a liberal society. A seller can not give negative feedback anymore... I think that was implemented years ago.

This part of the reason why I don't do eBay any longer that and they strong arm you into using PayPal which eBay also owns. My brother has also been screwed by ebay selling a working 30 year toy to someone to only have them send you back a non working toy that clearly is in lesser condition and wasn't yours to begin with.

Just FYI eBay also owns a share of craigslist as well. Google it if you don't believe it

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It used to be a good place to buy and sell but since 05 it's gone way down hill. The fees are getting really bad and you've got no recourse as a seller it the buyer is scum.

Ive never sold anything on ebay but have bought many. Today may be the last time i browse there. I have been looking for a trans pressure testing setup and have bought many tools and such off ebay. I went to bid on an item and was met with a denial of my bid due to me not having a paypal or not having my paypal linked to my ebay account. So, if this is the trend i wont even be able to bid on items. Funny they would cut out a part of the buyers like that. Then I tried to sent the seller a message detailing my displeasure but was denied that too. I guess it is over to amazon for me. Good bye ebay. It was a good run. Paypal can get bent.

I won't sell on ebay anymore. The fees are too high and the buyer has all the control over feedback. I kind of agree with that policy because I bought some Harley air shocks on ebay and the seller didn't cap the airline holes and all the fluid leaked out. I complained to him but he wanted me to put a false claim against the shipper which I wouldn't do. He refused to help so I left him neg feedback. He turned around and left me neg feedback and I did nothing wrong. So I like the fact that the seller has more accountability now but then you have the dishonest buyers who take advantage of it. That's why I only buy not sell anymore.

Here we go again!
I guess I didn't learn my lesson since this thread.
Buyer wins item, pays for item and then wants to retract bid and wants refund.

I think a winning bidder that backs out should have to pay a fee or percentage to the seller for compensation. I waited 10 freaking days to sell the item and now I'm stuck selling it again for possibly less in another 10 days. ( no second chance offer) eBay sucks for sellers!

I haven't bid on anything eBay in at least five years. I have used buy it now, but you couldn't give me free fee to try to sell there. Craigslist FTW to sell stuff or just take it to goodwill or salvation army to avoid the hassle. Way cheaper to just give things away.
To sumerise eBay sux!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Some items you ask for trouble. Perfect example is an I-pod or something a teenager would want. getting paid.. is drama on the stuff.
There are no more negatives on Ebay. They now keep negative data as "internal" data.. once a person accumulates enough negative transactions.. they suspend his account. So the feedback is only for positives. The negatives you see are old transactions. The figure nobody likes "negatives" So taking them out was the next logical way.
I buy tons of stuff of Ebay.. like printer supplies perfect example.

I tried selling an 86 GN with 26k miles on Ebay. Winning bidder was a girl using an email account from New York University system. Then she backs out saying her kid has hospital bills. I found her on Facebook and it turns out my 21 y.o. daughter knew her, and knew she didn't have a kid. I complained to ebay but couldn't leave negative feedback. Then I complained to the President, VP of her college, and finally to the technical support engineers who maintain the NY Schools email system. The engineering group were the only people who cared that she was abusing her email privlidges. I don't know if they suspended her account. Yeah, Ebay sucks.