Bad feedbacks getting out of control

GNONYX

To all Moderators and members:
It seems the more I read the feedbacks the more members are getting screw by the so-call fellow members in trying to make a fast buck with their faulty advertising lies. One should be able to supply as many information and 360* pictures of what is being sold. We all are individual and have different of opinion of is fair, good, and perfect. If an individual is unhappy with the item, then a refund should be issue. If the seller wants to resale it again, then that person should give a getter description for resale.

If the buyer has try to contact the seller to dispute the damaged or wrong item received, and with no seller response for a certain amount of time, then TurboBuick.com should block the seller from selling anything until the original case is resolve. If no corrective action is implemented to the "Part for Sale Column", then the feedback is just another soap opera column.

I know many don't like EBay, but one thing I do agree is EBay's feedback. If the seller has negative feedbacks, the buyer passes that bidding and seek that item from another seller.

I would like to hear from all Moderators and members and your opinions on this serious matter, and hopefully same kind of action is implemented.

Who determines what information and pictures are enough? What happens if the seller thinks they are properly representing the item listed and someone else doesnt? I sell stuff all the time without ever listing stuff for sale, sending pics, and the buyer in most instances never met me ever. The buyer assumes the risk when they do a transaction. All the seller can do is post negative feedback that will warn others.

If an individual is unhappy with the item, then a refund should be issue. If the seller wants to resale it again, then that person should give a getter description for resale.
the individual should be askn for detailed pics and info b4 they purchase. if they dont then shame on them.

so if I sell something used to someone and they dont like it ur saying I should refund them their money because they are unhappy with it? lol... yea ok. good luck with that.

once something is sold its no longer for sale, therefore its no longer available for someone else to buy.

used items are always going to subject to difference of opinions as to its condition and value.

this isnt Home Depot where u get to return items u dont like and get full refunds. doesnt work like that and never has.

To me it's getting more and more abundent that people are unhappy becuase everyone seems to expect used items to be NEW!

Nothing that is used is going to be PERFECT. Thats all there is to it. If you want PERFECT, buy NEW.

Someone can describe an item to be "as perfect as used can get" if it's really nice. I get tired of hearing people whine about used itmes they recieved that arent PERFECT. Come on people, these cars are 25 years old.

I try to describe things as best I can and I havent had any problems other than the shipping company breaking a few things. I never describe something to be PERFECT becuase it's going to set someone up for disappointment.

If the buyer isnt happy, him and the seller can make a deal. If the seller describes something used as best he can and the buyer "changes his mind," thats not the sellers fault.

maybe the the board can come together on a grading system for parts for sale and have it be required when listing an item.. ie: NOS, very good, funtional.

NOS- brand new original
very good- completely functional, finish with minor blemishes
functional - part works, appears very worn

thats just a quick example of the top of my head and its also a matter of opinion but i think it could help clear up some gray area on what condition a part is in.

Who determines what information and pictures are enough? What happens if the seller thinks they are properly representing the item listed and someone else doesnt? I sell stuff all the time without ever listing stuff for sale, sending pics, and the buyer in most instances never met me ever. The buyer assumes the risk when they do a transaction. All the seller can do is post negative feedback that will warn others.

Mr. Bison, Respectively, I have read many of your threads and as yourself and many others are very knowledgeable and serious about these cars. You don't screw anyone if have something to offer or sell since almost everyone knows who you are. I'm only disputing after reading the feedbacks, most of the sellers are junior members to this board. To establish recognition one should at least provide some pictures, and information of what they are trying sell. I do agree the buyer can ask for additional information, and pictures. What I don't agree if the seller has provided the information, and pictures, and when your item is delivered to you it's not as describes.

the individual should be askn for detailed pics and info b4 they purchase. if they dont then shame on them.

so if I sell something used to someone and they dont like it ur saying I should refund them their money because they are unhappy with it? lol... yea ok. good luck with that.

once something is sold its no longer for sale, therefore its no longer available for someone else to buy.

used items are always going to subject to difference of opinions as to its condition and value.

this isnt Home Depot where u get to return items u dont like and get full refunds. doesnt work like that and never has.

Mr. GNBRETT,
You are respectively known of who you are, and everyone reading these threads knows the reputation you and your company has.

The differences between Home Depot and a junior sellers, is after providing the requested information and photo, and it's still not as describes, then at least a refund or compromise agreement without having to product a recipe.

People also forget that there are around several hundred transactions EVERY WEEK through this board.

How many are bad?

One a week? Maybe 2.

99.9% of the deals are positive. We spend an abundance of time going over the handful of bad transactions and quickly forget the good ones.

Pete

Its painful to see that SOME people are just out to make a quick buck. The Buick community is full of great people with a love for the Turbo Regal. I do not know how to fix the problem but I agree with jdpolzin these are 25 year old cars and most parts being sold are used.

Let's cut this crap out!

A man is only as good as his word.

I'm not gonna trust ANYBODY unless they are vouched for by another senior member or two that has been around a while...:mad:

Hey Brett,
Comparing this to home depot is like comparing apples to oranges. Number one and as I stated PERFECT means just that PERFECT and the pic. deal is bogus as I'm sure everyone is going to ask for pics. of every single inch of an item and I'll bet you I can do just that and still not show these bad spots. Hell look at his pics.!!! Steering wheel looks awesome. What's wrong with telling buyers if for any reason they are not satisfied with a part send it back for a FULL refund? Iv'e been doing just that for 20 years. It all has to do with just REALLY looking at a part GOOD and describing it as such. I'll bet if the shoe was on the other foot and you paid $220 for this wheel you'd be on here letting others know about it when you never recieved another word from the guy ?? And that's not all there is to it, once I asked to just send it back BIGO !! not another word and that also ticks me off !!!

jdpolzin,
I don't know who everybody is but I when I take a man's word about a part I expect it to be just that (Nothing more Nothing less) and I have sold some PERFECT used parts. Your alittle off base with the 25 year old cars, yup the cars are but many, many of the parts were made right into the 2000's.
so many, many of our parts are FAR from being 25 years old. Also your statement if you want perfect by new. Well Iv'e bought and had my share of NEW and NOS parts that were far from perfect. Please tell me why someone shouldn't whine (as you say) if they get a part that's not perfect if it was advertised as such?? You are as much as saying there is no such word but I find it in the dictionary ??

This one really slays me and I quote::

(( If the buyer isnt happy, him and the seller can make a deal. If the seller describes something used as best he can and the buyer "changes his mind," thats not the sellers fault. ))
I think your missing something here : Pretty hard to make any kind of deal when seller just ignores my AZZ. and he did descibe it to the best he could PERFECT !!

Really I was just trying to help out an older GN owner here that put a bad rip like on his low mile GN steering wheel and didn't want to pay $500 for my PERFECT NOS steering wheel. I wish now that I've got myself in the middle again that I'd of just got him a $205 rewrap from Pelton's. I do have to admitt I buy and sell alot of parts and as Pete states all most all of my deals are great but it doesn't take many of these deals to get to you. Now I hope you guys understand were I'm coming from.

Yeah.....if you want a good opinion on this thread and a great deal, just ask Justin Gunn...he'll set you straight.:rolleyes:

I've never gotten any bad deal with these guys on this forum....but if I ever do, I'm just going to call it a "Justin Gunn" day and move on.:D

Bruce '87 Grand National

Hey Brett,
Comparing this to home depot is like comparing apples to oranges. Number one and as I stated PERFECT means just that PERFECT and the pic. deal is bogus as I'm sure everyone is going to ask for pics. of every single inch of an item and I'll bet you I can do just that and still not show these bad spots. Hell look at his pics.!!! Steering wheel looks awesome. What's wrong with telling buyers if for any reason they are not satisfied with a part send it back for a FULL refund? Iv'e been doing just that for 20 years. It all has to do with just REALLY looking at a part GOOD and describing it as such. I'll bet if the shoe was on the other foot and you paid $220 for this wheel you'd be on here letting others know about it when you never recieved another word from the guy ?? And that's not all there is to it, once I asked to just send it back BIGO !! not another word and that also ticks me off !!!

jdpolzin,
I don't know who everybody is but I when I take a man's word about a part I expect it to be just that (Nothing more Nothing less) and I have sold some PERFECT used parts. Your alittle off base with the 25 year old cars, yup the cars are but many, many of the parts were made right into the 2000's.
so many, many of our parts are FAR from being 25 years old. Also your statement if you want perfect by new. Well Iv'e bought and had my share of NEW and NOS parts that were far from perfect. Please tell me why someone shouldn't whine (as you say) if they get a part that's not perfect if it was advertised as such?? You are as much as saying there is no such word but I find it in the dictionary ??

(( If the buyer isnt happy, him and the seller can make a deal. If the seller describes something used as best he can and the buyer "changes his mind," thats not the sellers fault. ))
I think your missing something here : Pretty hard to make any kind of deal when seller just ignores my AZZ. and he did descibe it to the best he could PERFECT !!

Really I was just trying to help out an older GN owner here that put a bad rip like on his low mile GN steering wheel and didn't want to pay $500 for my PERFECT NOS steering wheel. I wish now that I've got myself in the middle again that I'd of just got him a $205 rewrap from Pelton's. I do have to admitt I buy and sell alot of parts and as Pete states all most all of my deals are great but it doesn't take many of these deals to get to you. Now I hope you guys understand were I'm coming from.

Mike I'm not sure why I'm being put in the spot light here? I also dont know anything about your steering wheel? I'm also not sure who the seller is that is ignoring you, I hoping your not implying that I sold you something? I definately didnt sell you a steering wheel becuase I need one myself.

I'll still stick to my exact words, these cars are not not new. This is also not the early 90's or early 2000's. Parts that are used should be described as used.

If an NOS part is described as PERFECT, I would want it to be PERFECT. If a used part is described as PERFECT, I would personally expect that it's not PERFECT and is USED.

Hey Brett,

jdpolzin,

Now that I read your feedback post, I can see why you took what I wrote personally. I guess I appologize but I didnt know this thread was directed towards YOUR post in the feedback section.

I'll still stick to my post. I'm sorry if it "slays" you that I would expect that a buyer and seller could work something out. I'm sorry it didnt work out for you. I try to take care of people who buy from me as I believe in "what comes around goes around." I'm sorry if that "slays" you?:confused:

Its starting to sound like the EBAY Buyers I deal with :( in here.

I have to agree with jdpolzin Items are used, ask for photos. How can someone expect 24 to 26 year old items to be brand new.

And SOME MEMBERS here wouldn't know a good deal if it stared them point blank in the face! :eek: I know as I answered a PARTS WANTED. After all the back & forth banter with buyer telling me he is going to pay he tells me he is paying $15 more for another LOL :D I guess next time I should just charge wacky way out prices.. Anyone want a USED moon roof gasket $1k :biggrin:

Little6pack,

Why don't you read the whole story, who in the hell said anything about expecting a used part or a 24 to 26 year old part to be NEW? Now please read REAL closely here, I EXPECTED NOTHING more NOTHING less than what the part was advertised to be !! It was advertised as PERFECT!! Now is that so hard to understand.
Also I guess you missed this also in my post. Many, many of the parts for these cars were made clear into the 2000's so how can all these parts be 24 -25 years old?? and I really don't care how OLD the part is, when a part is said to be in such and such shape that's EXACTLY what it should be !! Pretty Simple !!

Jeremy,
I guess it would of helped if you would of known what was going on as I had no idea you hadn't read the post in the Feedback forum when I stated this slays me. It's pretty hard to work something out when the seller FLAT IGNORED me??

Then you post this??

I try to take care of people who buy from me as I believe in "what comes around goes around." I'm sorry if that "slays" you?

Might you show me where I said anything of the sort about your above statement? In fact it's the first time Iv'e even seen it?? I do agree with you on what comes around goes around but I NEVER said anything about this statement slaying me.

Jeremy,
I guess it would of helped if you would of known what was going on as I had no idea you hadn't read the post in the Feedback forum when I stated this slays me. It's pretty hard to work something out when the seller FLAT IGNORED me??

Then you post this??

I try to take care of people who buy from me as I believe in "what comes around goes around." I'm sorry if that "slays" you?

Might you show me where I said anything of the sort about your above statement? In fact it's the first time Iv'e even seen it?? I do agree with you on what comes around goes around but I NEVER said anything about this statement slaying me.

No offense taken at all Mike, I'm only stating that you quoted me about the buyer and seller working something out if either is not happy. I'm only saying that I feel thats how it should be. WE are far too small of a community here and it's sometimes hard to give enough pics or say enough of a description becuase everyone has their oown opinions. So, when I say "what comes around goes around" I'm saying that I try to back what I sell becuase I dont want to be screwed by other people. I try to work with people. I'm not talking about your situation with the steering wheel either, I just read that all last night. I'm speaking in general terms. I think you could agree with that.

In my opinion, people in todays society dont interact in person anymore. You hardly ever talk to someone on the phone anymore. I think that leads to deception becuase emails and PM's just dont do justice. I like to leav my phone number so if someone does call me, I know they are serious and i know they have enough courage to talk to people in person, which makes me feel like they are good people. We live in a day of age that people a lot of times dont have any social skills outside of there computer or there text messeges. When people hear a voice or meet someone in person, it's much less likely that someone will get "screwed" on a deal.

you can't get better than "perfect". if somebodys describing their part as perfect, then it should be flawless throughout when it arrives. age of part is not a factor.

if somebody lied about their part to m23roller, then makes up bs and won't refund him, then his ass should be banned from selling here, imo

being able to sell parts on a tb site this huge with no fees is a huge luxury for all of us

Little6pack,

Why don't you read the whole story, who in the hell said anything about expecting a used part or a 24 to 26 year old part to be NEW? Now please read REAL closely here, I EXPECTED NOTHING more NOTHING less than what the part was advertised to be !! It was advertised as PERFECT!! Now is that so hard to understand.
Also I guess you missed this also in my post. Many, many of the parts for these cars were made clear into the 2000's so how can all these parts be 24 -25 years old?? and I really don't care how OLD the part is, when a part is said to be in such and such shape that's EXACTLY what it should be !! Pretty Simple !!

Roller, Oh nothing to do with you I am just generalizing about the buick boys in general. This board and members are brutal. Some of the prices of the parts are wacked out to begin with. Just another reason for me to be out of Buicks. Too high priced, lack of folks that understand them. That is why I dont sell my buick items here. I let them float to whatever value they get to on ebay..