five cars trucks and trailers stolen in bowling green!

this isnt their first rodeo...... these were planned out in advance with enclosed trailers nearby. the trailers will likely be found nearby and the trucks and race cars being transported in the enclosed trailers to specific location to be chopped. anyone who thinks these theives are traveling accross the country driving a stolen truck with stolen trailers with stolen race cars attached to them doesnt know much about professional car theft rings.

there NOT going to show up on Craigs list or Flebay anytime soon if ever. they will be fenced like all other stolen items are.

Sorry to say this but i agree with gnbrett.But lets hope this stolen stuff shows up i know the feeling these members are feeling since i got my gn stollen before. Sorry for what has happened freiken low life theives.

this isnt their first rodeo...... these were planned out in advance with enclosed trailers nearby. the trailers will likely be found nearby and the trucks and race cars being transported in the enclosed trailers to specific location to be chopped. anyone who thinks these theives are traveling accross the country driving a stolen truck with stolen trailers with stolen race cars attached to them doesnt know much about professional car theft rings.

there NOT going to show up on Craigs list or Flebay anytime soon if ever. they will be fenced like all other stolen items are.

I dont know. If that was the case, why would the tow vehicles be going through Ohio? Seems like the enclosed would be a lot closer than that. Wouldnt surprise me if someone in the Buick community was involved.

I was wondering...did the owners of the stolen cars post on this website, or any website, where they were going with the cars and when? Or, did they post things they had done with their cars? Reason being...the T Type with the LS motor that was stolen had all the parts stolen off of it and he had posted on here everything he had done to it and everything was taken all the way down to the fuel pumps.....I was just curious.

Wouldnt surprise me if someone in the Buick community was involved.

Damm Jay I hope your wrong :frown: BUT crazy stuff does happen. It sure doesn't make sense with the stolen trucks and cars goin threw Ohio. Took some balls to do this :mad:

I was wondering...did the owners of the stolen cars post on this website, or any website, where they were going with the cars and when? Or, did they post things they had done with their cars? Reason being...the T Type with the LS motor that was stolen had all the parts stolen off of it and he had posted on here everything he had done to it and everything was taken all the way down to the fuel pumps.....I was just curious.

No I did not post that I was going to BG. I did not post any changes I did to my car. I do not post my where-abouts or "check in" on FB. I do not Tweet.

This was an organized hit.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Was there really confirmed sightings of the tow rigs involved or did someone just see a GN on the back of a trailer? Had to be rigs going to all points of the country after the event! Why no further details on the other car confirmed to be stolen and the three car hauler???

Any word from the owners, pictures, info, etc? I'd think it shouldn't even take this long to get that info out there, on here, over the internet, etc. Still isn't clear how many cars, how many were on trailers...makes it hard to look out for.

stolen vehilcles

Sorry about you vehicles guys but i have a dumb question to ask wasnt there any security in these hotels or a bunch of guys chip in to hire security if you are going to an event like this you have to consider your investment to be protected i mean your taking a big chance what would it cost to have security per day if ten guys chiped in $40 $50 or even $100 or $200 well worth the insurance

NOT accusing any one
BUT
We need to start asking for proof of owner ship before we buy that great condition $600.00 part when new for $125.00.
the next time some one is selling clean doors ask them where did they get them from first then negotiate a price. Can't show proof of where they got them from or the story sounds "crazy" let them eat them.

But no thats not our priority.
we see some one parting out a great looking car and we ask for discounts instead for a title or proof of owner ship.

We are helping and indirectly promoting this type of sh!t every time we buy parts from these guys..

When i buy a parts car i must get something showing that i bought that car as i will be transporting it and NEED to show poof of owner ship in case i get pulled over on the way home. i think most people do the same. So some one with a "i bought the car with out paper work" story is not believable well to me it isn't.

Sorry to all who have suffered a loss.
if i see something i'll post it up, PM or call some one

Good luck

Point well taken as I do this on every car I have bought always get a receipt so I have proof when travelling.

When our split window vette was stolen years ago the basic shell was recovered and I sold it. Car ha dno doors and I had kept the car keys....Months later when my friend was seeking parts to restore the car he found someone selling a set of doors that matched the color of the shell he bought from me.

He called me I notified a good friend who was a chief of police in a near by town and a deal was struck to see the doors.....(I brought my car keys the seller was told if the key fits and turns the locks we pay nothing for the doors......

The key fit the lock and we got the doors...naturally the seller said he bought them from someone else and of course we coul dnot prove anything else etc...this was a few years before values of 1963 Corvettes esculated....

So, I am sure all of those involved still have all their car keys.....take note they may come in handy...

true story

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I feel your pain! I had my first GN, that I bought in '89, stolen after owning it for 20 years. My car was never found. Get pissed just thinking about it.

Hope all involved had better luck than me!

I dont know. If that was the case, why would the tow vehicles be going through Ohio? Seems like the enclosed would be a lot closer than that. Wouldnt surprise me if someone in the Buick community was involved.

i would bet money that this is the case ^^^^^^^^^^^

this is also why i asked about something like this>> http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/site-suggestions-help/339971-anonymous-auto-security-section.html but i didn't get any responses one way or the other.

This is horrible and sure makes everyone nervous about attending anymore events. I am looking into some of the suggestions made above. This was a planned theft and It would be great if they were caught. Have West Michigan covered and the word out. Still would have thought more information would have been posted to keep the word going and more description of the 3 car hauler. This just really sucks

I sold my T Type a few months ago so I havent been on here too much. News of the thefts reached a few forums I am on. Im back into the lowriding scene so I will keep my eyes peeled and ears to the ground about any strange GN parts turning up in the lowriding community.

BG Police, officer in charge of media relations is 270 393 4596 (RonnieWard)

I called BG Police twice on a lunch break just now.
Neither lady even knew what I was talking about.
After explaining I was a concerned GSCA member and was horrified with what has happened etc she said "Whats your question"
I had opened the statement with whos leading the investigation and what have you all done to find the perps and make BG a place any of us would ever want to bring a 50 to 100 K car to in the future?

Man they dont seem to have their stuff together.

Ronnie Ward is the officer in charge of Media relations and public info.
his number is 270 393 4596

I will call him when he returns from Lunch.
Maybe some professional calls from concerned GSCA members will get them motivated to do more about this???

Cant hurt anything.
The people at the BGPD I spoke with had never even heard of all of this.

are we ever gonna get info on the mystery 3 car hauler? i'm waiting to post more info at OLDPOWER.com

has the 3 car hauler ever been confirmed? where did that initial info even come from?

ive been checking my daily emails from hemmings motor news and nothing about this whole ordeal, they are usually on this stuff.

3 car hauler

are we ever gonna get info on the mystery 3 car hauler? i'm waiting to post more info at OLDPOWER.com

has the 3 car hauler ever been confirmed? where did that initial info even come from?

ive been checking my daily emails from hemmings motor news and nothing about this whole ordeal, they are usually on this stuff.

I would call the number I posted. He is the guy in charge of dealing with the media and public.
If he has not even heard about all of this that would be ludacris.
Maybe there never was a 3 car hauler? Or maybe the 3 car hauler was somehow in on all of this?
Theres no way that someone reading all of this would not know about a 3 car hauler??

I just called again and left a message
I asked specifically about the 3 car hauler and what he has done to help Jeff and Billy.
We will see what he says when he calls back.

2006 GM High-Tech; "According to The Daily News in Bowling Green, the Nationals bring in over $1.5 million each year, and continue to be the largest long term event in town."

maybe that will get someone motivated?

2006 GM High-Tech; "According to The Daily News in Bowling Green, the Nationals bring in over $1.5 million each year, and continue to be the largest long term event in town."

maybe that will get someone motivated?

Attendance was a lot higher in 2006.