The UPDATE on my stolen vehicles - There is a thief among us

Back up Claude. It was recovered after they'd already replaced the VIN.:mad:
NO it doesn't say that. It says "They were going to re-VIN my truck also but they were caught. The Federal Sticker was recovered and the molding around the windshield on the truck was removed to access the VIN."
I should've been more specific and ask "Were you able to keep the truck and have the damage fixed?''
Now...is that better? :rolleyes:
Claude. ;)

Were you able to recover both the car and truck?

Claude.

Yes, everything was recovered......car, truck and trailer.

The GN WAS re-VIN'd. They were prepping the truck for the same but they were busted.

Oh yea, my tools were recovered inside the living room of the low life's house.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

The GN WAS re-VIN'd. They were prepping the truck for the same but they were busted.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
Billy,

What happens now that the car was re-VIN'd ? Seeing the circumstance can it be put back?

Someone needs to post this on the other car sites yellow bullett, ls1 tech ,motown muscle,etc etc.....As far as the other car goes that probably means, someone is riding around in it retagged since they seem to like doing that and likelyhood its not destroyed or parted....Did he ever post pics or anything?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
Thanks Billy for your reply...I'm glad you got all your stuff back.;) But tell me...from a "legal" point of view if your GN was re-vin'd, does that mean you have to keep it that way from now (with the new vin) or if you'll have it's original number back? I'm asking because I've never had anything like that happening to me (thank god!)...
Also correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that I read something in another post that the truck will likely need to be repainted...Other than that, will it be ok?

Thank you and good luck,

Claude.:)

Thanks Billy for your reply...I'm glad you got all your stuff back.;) But tell me...from a "legal" point of view if your GN was re-vin'd, does that mean you have to keep it that way from now (with the new vin) or if you'll have it's original number back? I'm asking because I've never had anything like that happening to me (thank god!)...
Also correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that I read something in another post that the truck will likely need to be repainted...Other than that, will it be ok?

Thank you and good luck,

Claude.:)

Miguel was able to get off what ever the POS put on it out of spite. He put in over 80 hours to clean/polish/buff/compound the truck body. Every body panel except for the roof was covered, even the windows. I had to use a razor and brake cleaner to clean the windows.

On the issue of the VIN tag. The insurance company doesn't know what to do with the VIN issue because they either had to pay out for a total or fix damages. I checked with NJ DMV and my connections at NJSP, the car is to be brought down to Trenton and a new VIN sticker is applied where the Federal Door Sticker went and new title is issued. I asked what type of title would I get, they said either a salvage or rebuilt title, I said bull$hit, my car was not rebuilt nor salvaged. That's why the insurance company doesn't know what to do. My collector car insurance policy (Condon&Skelly) states that depreciation is not covered but they would re-emburse my costs to correct the VIN tag issue. I am very pissed over this VIN tag issue.

I am able to get reproduction RPO and Fed Door stickers. I can even get the rose rivets.

Scott, the VIN tag was never found. Probably it was destroyed, throw away, etc, etc when it was removed.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

On the issue of the VIN tag. The insurance company doesn't know what to do with the VIN issue because they either had to pay out for a total or fix damages. I checked with NJ DMV and my connections at NJSP, the car is to be brought down to Trenton and a new VIN sticker is applied where the Federal Door Sticker went and new title is issued. I asked what type of title would I get, they said either a salvage or rebuilt title, I said bull$hit, my car was not rebuilt nor salvaged. That's why the insurance company doesn't know what to do. My collector car insurance policy (Condon&Skelly) states that depreciation is not covered but they would re-emburse my costs to correct the VIN tag issue. I am very pissed over this VIN tag issue.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Hey Billy

Dont know how they do it in NJ, but i have been able to get a vin reassigned to the vehicle it belong to.

1. i had a few CHP blue vin tag reassign to new frames when i work at a Yamaha dealership, i would take the old frame to CHP along with the repaired bike with the new frame that came without a vin, they would keep the old frame and attach a blue tag with the original vin number to the new frame.

2. in a case similar to yours, my uncle had an S10 stolen, had only limited insurance, it was recovered by the police 6 months later with a new vin, before CHP released the truck back to my uncle they removed the bad vin and attached a CHP blue tag in the body by drivers door striker, with the original vin #.

I dont see why they would attach a new issued number when they can verify the original vin and just attach an NJ state tag with your original VIN #.

FYI all the above retained a clear title, not salvage, not rebuilt although im sure carfax would probably show theft on the s10 or the accident on the bikes.

if there is anything i can do to help or go over the process i went through PM me and i'll give you my #

Dave

Miguel was able to get off what ever the POS put on it out of spite. He put in over 80 hours to clean/polish/buff/compound the truck body. Every body panel except for the roof was covered, even the windows. I had to use a razor and brake cleaner to clean the windows.

I am able to get reproduction RPO and Fed Door stickers. I can even get the rose rivets.

Scott, the VIN tag was never found. Probably it was destroyed, throw away, etc, etc when it was removed.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I was wondering about that and was afraid that would be the case. That sucks tremendously that there exists a loop hole that was never designed around this type of issue. The car was never damaged (other than the VIN & ignition), Not salvaged and the little pricks even got caught for the crime and tampering with a VIN and Nothing can be done to correct the VIN? Someone somewhere through the right channels and permission should be able to get a new VIN tag made I hope...

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
Thanks Billy for taking the time to explain, I appreciate. ;) I'm glad that you were able to save the truck! (These trucks are great...I've had a '91 diesel dually for over 16 years...).
I hope that you'll eventually be able to straighten out the VIN issue. It sucks because like you said, the car was never salvaged or rebuilt and without being your fault, you're faced with having a salvage or rebuilt title for the car from now on...I'd be concerned that a salvage ot rebuilt title could take away some value off the car! :mad:

Good luck with your GN...

Claude. :)

Well - now I know "the rest of the story".

You would think this sort of brazen crime, grand theft auto (not receiving stolen property - but actual auto theft); the interstate transportation of stolen property, running a chop shop, and any other ones I may have overlooked would have resulted in sure prison time for the male actors. I know the court probably goes easy on the female (I'll refrain from opining on that); but you would think all the males get some sure prison time.

That BS pre-trial intervention.
Now I guess the (economic) reality is that you can't send every convicted felon to prison every time, but why am I struck that with the relative ease and brazenness that they commited this crime it is not their first rodeo.
Proving it is another story I'm sure.

Curious what the Milwood boys' previous records looked like.
Badwi for that matter as well.
I find it impossible to beleive they were previously choir boys who just got caught up in one bad decision.

However, they are for sure screwed now - as convicted felons.
Good luck getting ANY job with that on your record.
Unless I hear the words - First Time Offender Status / W/ No criminal record upon completion of .... My head will explode.
And I'm sure they stayed in jail for at least some time before bonding out.
And lost a good bit of sleep and obviously hair from the process of wondering if they were going to prison.
And that's worth something.
They will however most likely end up as parasites on society, if they weren't already.

Collecting Section 8; Welfare, Food Stamps and anything else they can suck.
But it warms my heart to know that is probably the best that they will ever do or have, while I enjoy a satisfying and decent life from working hard, doing the right things, and keeping my nose clean.
The two kids POS #1 & POS #2 have are in all likelihood destined to be the next generation of parasites.
Not their fault - but judging from the environment they are being raised, it is almost assured.
That's where DFACS also needs to jump in and remove them from that environment.
But they hardly ever do, unless their actual health or safety is jeapardized.
It's more wet nursing the parents.

Having lived in Michigan for just as long as I could stand it - Ecorse does not surprise me.
That downriver area is just plain nasty.
We used to have standing jokes about "Taylor-tucky"; "Stinkster"; "Wasteland" etc.
Apologies to any TR owners who live there.
My 2 brothers and my son's relatives all live in the Metro Detroit area and for the life of me - I don't know why - or how they do it.
There are an amzing number of former hillbilly, white trash people living in some of those lower middle class areas.
Mostly 2nd and 3rd generation.
The first or 2nd generation actually worked decently hard, the next one or two - not so much.
But I guess it's everywhere these days.

NW Georgia is no paradise either. Meth capital of Georgia where check forgery is a family hobby like couponing, and chopping and pawning is a way of life.
Atlanta is just an oasis in a sea of ...you can fill in the blanks so I don't get banned.

I might be way wrong - but I always point to these kind of people when they start moaning about 7 or 8% unemployemnt.
These are the 7 or 8%.
They're just dirtbags who deserve no sympathy and more than they got in this case.
But let's hope they screw up again and get really nailed.
They almost got lucky this time.
Or like Tommy Lee Jones said in "No Country for Old Men" - "He died of natural causes"..'Natural to his line of work"

And I stand corrected - I looked at his previous record (on that link at least)

Geesus!
This guy is a one man crime wave.

Agg Assault.
Assault on Police Officer
Weapons Violation (assuming that is Felon in Possesion)
Breaking & Entering
And on n on..

3 years?
Wow....crime almost does pay.
This is why voters demand the minimum sentencing

A couple observations. Discharge date from a previous crime was 11/4/11, then date of offense for the current crime is 11/10/11. I vote for euthanasia. Second observation....his mother dies at age 59, and she was preceded in death by her husband. Doesn't anybody think this is suspicious? Kind of like the lottery winner in Chicago who recently died ONE DAY after winning the lottery. The police decide to do an autopsy after a family member calls them to look into it more closely. So now they find he died of cyanide poisening. Wouldn't surprise me if the POS had something to do with his parents' deaths.

Maybe the Millwood family is like James Dean - they live fast and die young.

I know it.
I saw the poor mother's date of birth and thought - oh hell, she was only a couple years older than me.
I never did put together that the father went at an even earlier age.

And such a shame, since with two such wonderful, over acheiving, pillar of the community sons, they both had so much to live for.
And they missed the trial!
But by the looks of Raymond's record, they probably attended several - so it was all good.
Christopher, being a little younger, is still trying to catch up to his older, and less wiser brother.

Interesting plan.
Go to your mother's funeral.
You are so full of reflections about life and filled with sorrow, to honor your recently deceased mom - you boost a full blown racing rig.

Now - having been to BG, I can't imagine the adreneline that you must feel while driving a stolen truck, with a trailer, with a 3500 lb car attached to it while navigating out of town and getting on basically the one interstate that heads you home.
I guess I would sort of have to ask where the Kentucky State Police were.
I mean, it's either KY 569 or I-65 to Louisville.
That's mostly it.
Ya woulda thought to at least BOL for Trailers w/ Black Grand Nationals on them
Yeah, yeah...so they say there were alot of Grand Nationals and trailers coming and going. But c'mon.
I suppose....

That Casey Badwi is a douchebag.
Fat boy who likes to look hard.
Check out his crack addicted looking wife - Tangela.

What I'm not clear on is - are they searching for younger bro Christopher (Chris) Earl Millwood or - "he was involved" but....not enough proof?
Or..other..
Because if there was a warrant for his arrest, I could find him in less than 30 days.
Cuz he's a moron and a sloppy moron at that.

And Chris' wife / girlfriend (Betty) - her as well?
Since I'm assuming it was a big ole team effort in getting that caravan of Stolen trucks, trailers and Grand Nationals to Michigan.

But again - its one big fat advertisement for Lo-Jack or SatTrack; Denver Boots; Kill Switches, Alarms etc etc.
We tend to pop a grand for the latest engine goodies, but wince when it comes to the security stuff.
I have SatTracking or LoJack on every thing I own that has wheels.
3 trailers
5 cars
When I go out of town, if I have a parnoid premonition - I sometimes just take two wheels off and put them up.
It's 5 minutes and 10 nuts.
They could pull it off the jackstands and drag it away - or go find ya some wheels...but would you

I told my friend I didn't sleep a wink last night as I was reading "ghost stories" - which was actually the Stolen Forum.
I gotta stop that.

It came to mind that indeed all the girls were involved - and not slightly.

Why?

Even if they claim to not know what the three thugs were planning, wouldn't it be just a bit odd that - "Hey Ladies - 3:00 AM wakeup call tonight'
We're heading out at 3:30 AM.

You know this gang doesn't usually go to bed until 3:30 AM.

No - guranteed all the females were in for a penny and a pound.

They thought they were Bonnie & Clyde probably.

A couple observations. Discharge date from a previous crime was 11/4/11, then date of offense for the current crime is 11/10/11. I vote for euthanasia. Second observation....his mother dies at age 59, and she was preceded in death by her husband. Doesn't anybody think this is suspicious? Kind of like the lottery winner in Chicago who recently died ONE DAY after winning the lottery. The police decide to do an autopsy after a family member calls them to look into it more closely. So now they find he died of cyanide poisening. Wouldn't surprise me if the POS had something to do with his parents' deaths.

I snickered at the euthanasia suggestion.
But euthanasia is generally done in the spirit of kidness to releive a loved one or loved pet of its misery.

Now I grant you - the Millwood boys - they are miserable.
But make no mistake.
They are modern age predators.
Different jungle.
They stalked their prey, under the cover of dark, and then terrorized the poor victim by taking what they knew was near and dear to him.
It's not like they are poor saps like Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne who found a briefcase with money in it and spent it on fancy things.

Predators should be dealt with differently.
They need to be stalked, and terrorized just like they do to others.
I think we are almost too civilized and sometimes rely too much on the system to take care of things.
Which, judging from the adjudication - it does not.
And resittution? Who thinks these clowns have two nickels to rub together?
And if they do - I gurantee you they boosted it from their kids' piggy bank.

I see Badwi is holding a baseball bat in his pic.
Baseball bats are fun. I've played an inning or two in my life.
I like old fashioned hardball.