E.T. Streets or BFG DRs?

kurst

What is your favorite for a night of street action?

What do you think hooks better on the street?

We've used Drag radials, Bowling Greens, ET Streets, and Hoosier QuickTimePros on my dad's car. Hands down the QuickTimes win. I've heard they're close to the ETs at the strip but on the street it's no comparison. That's also with a full 30psi in them. Just a word of caution, you might get pulled over for drunk driving, they make the rear dance around a little whereas the BFGs, Nittos, and Bowling Greens don't make that much difference. On my friend's mid 11 second GN we can launch with 4-5psi and floor it right away and hook. 23psi in first gear will take care of just about anything you pull up next to off the start at least.

How many miles are Quick times good for?

My current BFG's have about 12000 miles on them and are pretty close to bald. Just about perfect:D

BF Drag Radials 275/50/15, 7-8 psi (TE61 turbo) launch in the street with no burnout ;) what can I ask more!!!

Originally posted by blackbuick87
How many miles are Quick times good for?

My current BFG's have about 12000 miles on them and are pretty close to bald. Just about perfect:D

About 5K on them now and it looks like they have a bit more left. I don't know if they're actually any softer than a DR, it's most likely the construction of the tire that makes them hook better. Definately not something I would want on a daily driver as the car is not that stable and you could get in trouble in a panic situation.