Dyno Numbers Guesstimate

Before reading your chart my guess was 622hp at the motor,
It's not your Tranny......Been here done this,when i had your sig combo ( even put a Trans out of one Cottons car's in mine troubleshooting)
I'm going to get hung out to dry again ,I've posted this info in other threads...
It's the Factory ECM leaning out an your tune going nuts to compensate on the top end
Go After Market ECM an your problem will Vanish
If you go to the track, becareful after the 1/8 mile mark! there's no warning only your RPM an MPH limit with factory ECM (roughly 5200rpm,just over 100mph)
Good Luck!

Before reading your chart my guess was 622hp at the motor,
It's not your Tranny......Been here done this,when i had your sig combo ( even put a Trans out of one Cottons car's in mine troubleshooting)
I'm going to get hung out to dry again ,I've posted this info in other threads...
It's the Factory ECM leaning out an your tune going nuts to compensate on the top end
Go After Market ECM an your problem will Vanish
If you go to the track, becareful after the 1/8 mile mark! there's no warning only your RPM an MPH limit with factory ECM (roughly 5200rpm,just over 100mph)
Good Luck!

I'm not sure I understand how the fuel compensation is making the difference. If the WOT AFR is 10.5-10.6:1 through the entire run, how would adding fuel change anything? I know there are several things mentioned in this thread that could be responsible for 5-10hp here and there, but it seems there is something drastic and obvious that is limiting the capabilities of the motor. And not really sure what are you talking about with the ECM limiting at 100mph...

Which compressor cover do you have? Is it 6 or 8 retaining bolts?

I'm not sure I understand how the fuel compensation is making the difference. If the WOT AFR is 10.5-10.6:1 through the entire run, how would adding fuel change anything? I know there are several things mentioned in this thread that could be responsible for 5-10hp here and there, but it seems there is something drastic and obvious that is limiting the capabilities of the motor. And not really sure what are you talking about with the ECM limiting at 100mph...

It's just that stock ECM,it's not made for race motor an can't be changed, Modified yes, i've had that done too....I know it's an Expense, But if you go aftermarket ECM all your old insurance/government 80's unchangeable codes Vanish!! My 3 motor's i lost done same thing, because i pushed it they blew (just past the 1/8 mile mark,Rocket Ship till then!!).Over 5000rpm,an just 'Alittle over 100mph all the Power Stopped!!! three different builds,3 different combo's (always going faster) but all 1/8 mile grenades..everything had been checked,car was at professional place,nothing mattered till went XFI...Look at it this way, you'll loose you MAF,an be able to tune more "Precisely" your combo an any other parts add later

HelloBozos said:
It's just that stock ECM,it's not made for race motor an can't be changed, Modified yes, i've had that done too....I know it's an Expense, But if you go aftermarket ECM all your old insurance/government 80's unchangeable codes Vanish!! My 3 motor's i lost done same thing, because i pushed it they blew (just past the 1/8 mile mark,Rocket Ship till then!!).Over 5000rpm,an just 'Alittle over 100mph all the Power Stopped!!! three different builds,3 different combo's (always going faster) but all 1/8 mile grenades..everything had been checked,car was at professional place,nothing mattered till went XFI...Look at it this way, you'll loose you MAF,an be able to tune more "Precisely" your combo an any other parts add later

...and three differed failed tunes

...and three differed failed tunes

Tunes where perfect,The Factory type Mod. an un mod ECM fails the tune no matter what,Was all set from an 20 year + expert ( but is a die hard Stock ECM tuner that don't install aftermarket ECM's,Kevin at KDK Performance Automotive,Orlando,FL,those 3 motor's blown,lawsuit an my $30,000 back in my pocket. For the life of him an Cotten Performance they hadn't a Clue) I still have all my dyno pulls an scantool log somewhere with the ECM fail logged.This was 4-5 years ago, There's a End to Stock ECM when you go all out ...Next everyone will say a stock 109 will hold 1000hp, just modify it....LOL FACTORY PIECES ARE LIMITED , people can do or die, I'm just passing the word along.............

quit preaching your BS .. there is no rationality to your claims
no reason for a stock ecu to fail at 5000, ive been over 6500 with mine trapped 129.9 (6000 through traps) ..oh and with a stock bottom end 109 , and it never let me down and to this day still turns some good hp

if you broke im sure it was operator error
plenty of reasons why a motor set on kill wont make it past the 1/8 if the combo , tune and boost control arent thought out and worked up .
no reason why an ecm would shit the bed and cause a failure unless the wiring was incorrect or damaged .
the ecu doesnt race it just processes commands as it does every day with normal driving

Wrong. There are a few who have been running the stock ECM exclusively to the bottom 9's. They are converted to speed density but still using the factory limited fuel tables and the
basic ECM. They do have injector drivers changed out. The factory ECM is way less problematic than any aftermarket ECM. I've had
Xfi issues with both of mine. One lost communication with the module and had no spark advance. The tech was not able to nail it down and replaced the entire board. Of
course at my expense. For 99% of owners rye
Stock ECM is more than needed. For the other 1% that has a clue about tuning aftermarket stuff they will have an advantage. There's an explanation for everything. Post your evidence in another thread and stop posting this crap in everyones threads. You are not contributing tech here. This is a tech forum. Post techinical info here. No one cares that you melted three engines while using a stock ECM. Till you provide evidence that the engines melted
because the ecm went bonkers like yourself your word here is crap. There were other problem(s) if that happened. If not everyone that went over 100mph and made 600hp or more would have these problems. There are many people making much more power with the stock ECM than that. It's not because they are lucky either. Have a nice day.

Hell I've done 6700+ on mine in 1st gear when the governor blew when I was racing a 10.1 sec GTR...I was pulling on him too according to the gopro footage on my last track outing...

KDK builds excellent engines, I had one that ran just fine in my GN. Drove the GN 900 miles round trip on drag radials to race THS without touching anything on the car the whole weekend. For a GN/T to fall on its face after 100, would indicate severe KR or fuel starvation, not the ECM. That would kill an engine quickly if it kept happening. Do you logs show fuel pressure mapped to boost rpm etc? That would have been the first thing to log and diagnose if that much money is tied up in engines that keep blowing.

Ok guys, this is the OP's thread and hijacking it with your issues isn't going to help him at all.;)

My 210/210 110 lsa cam peaked hp at 5200-5300 rpm on bowl ported irons with a locked converter, but was good to 6400 rpm at low boost (17 psi) on the dyno. A 218 cam as Bison suggested to move the peak later sounds good to me.

cuda6pak said:
It is a 6 bolt cover

That's the same as an e cover. I had one of them up to 600whp but the wastegate was wired closed and i used c16. Alky 93 wouldn't get anywhere near 600 with that turbo on a small cam iron head engine. 550whp would be a stretch. That compressor wheel does not like that housing but you're still not at the point where it's a choker. The car did make a few mid 10 sec passes on a 93 alky tune though. It was on the stock ecm with a 5.6 chip. It didnt blow up at 100mph either:p

I said knock off the BS.:mad: While your experience may be valid bitching at others because you don't agree do not help the op.

quit preaching your BS .. there is no rationality to your claims
no reason for a stock ecu to fail at 5000, ive been over 6500 with mine trapped 129.9 (6000 through traps) ..oh and with a stock bottom end 109 , and it never let me down and to this day still turns some good hp

if you broke im sure it was operator error
plenty of reasons why a motor set on kill wont make it past the 1/8 if the combo , tune and boost control arent thought out and worked up .
no reason why an ecm would shit the bed and cause a failure unless the wiring was incorrect or damaged .
the ecu doesnt race it just processes commands as it does every day with normal driving

You weren't there, you have no idea what i'm talking about, i can Prove it, But it'll just get deleted, Why waste my time?

Youre right. Enjoy your vacation.

If he comes back under another name, someone PM me and Ill eradicate him completely.

Sooooo.....bison do you think it's worth swapping out to an H or S cover to help free up the intake side? I think when I originally bought the turbo I just picked the E cover because it matched the size of my intake. I'd think a A 4" cover and matching 4" intake tube and MAF would free up some HP....

Or should I just swap my turbo with something you cook up :p