Dhauser deleted my buyer warning

the holes in the trunk were not rust holes but hole from a NOS bottle. along with a drilled out throttle bracket. NOS was very popular in 86/87 . Ya I had it along with a lot of other friends. This is a 24 year old PERFORMANCE USED car !! Around here its an "as is" sale.
....Getting a lawyer involved is a joke BUT I am sure he will take your $$$ to go after him cause this isn't right! :rolleyes: complete waste of time.
.... Bottom line all this wouldn't be here if he went out to see it in person (yes he already said this to BUT I want to make sure others read this again an get the point).

ok next problem... :cool:
I don't think anyone here has reading comprehension issues. Yes, the OP should have gone to look at the car if he wanted a complete guarantee that it was 100% as described. Even the OP has admitted to such, several times. That's not the ONLY issue here. All of that said, go look at the ad again. Does that engine compartment look as though it's ever been modded with anything major? Hell, even simple things such as a MAF pipe or up pipe change isn't even on the car. I would think most people who looked over that car would figure it to have never had a bottle put on it. Yes, while these are performance cars that were modified a lot, many people bought them, left them bone stock and drove them. This car LOOKS to be the latter of the two. With that in mind, a big point to this thread is that the seller misrepresented a car and did so knowingly by all indications. THAT is an entirely separate issue and one day, a car will get sold to the wrong person and this problem will take care of itself one way or another.

My "why bother getting a lawyer" was not intended for the original poster :cool: The lawyer deal is thrown out are the "younger" members as I would think as they havent been to the school of hard knox yet. :biggrin: ok said my piece.. Have a great day guys :cool:
Oh some of us younger guys HAVE been to the school of hard knocks. And to be perfectly honest, had this car been sold to perhaps a less cool headed person, the seller might have well been introduced to a different type of school of "hard knocks". ;)

A secondary discussion began talking about a lawyer knowing full well that the OP really had no intention of doing this. Personally, I was pushing this part of the discussion so the seller would read this (as I'm sure he is doing) and realize SOME people out there might take his @$$ to the cleaners rather than just grin and bare it. Let's say, for instance, instead of simply making a road trip to KC for some "friendly discussion and persuasion", I'm more the type to retain counsel and wreak havoc in someone's financial world if the need were to arise. When it's all said and done, I might not see the monetary difference in my pocket. But I would make double damn sure this seller was out a large chunk of change and then some in legal fees. Yea, at the end of the day I might have spent a good bit of money with no real return. Except for me, the return would be in principal... Knowing that the seller will likely think twice before purposely misrepresenting something in the future, especially when he is at risk of having to spend the profit from several cars to defend his actions.

There are a couple of ways to get through to certain types of people in this world. One is a more "physical" approach. The other is beating their prized bank account into submission. And both are rather effective methods of getting one's attention.

After 23 years as a police officer, I have been to the school of hard knocks. A board member's post count has nothing to do with his/her level of experience with turbo regals or life experience. If you think being sued is a joke, you've never been sued. But thanks for calling me "younger".

Back to the original topic of this thread, the thread should not have been deleted by him.

Back to the original topic of this thread, the thread should not have been deleted by him.

Right and that's what this thread is about a mod. doing what he want's cause it's his post threads get jacked every day this is not the first time

As I've already responded to many of you who have pm'd me, the car was appraised in
Missouri for $14k which was not the asking price or the selling price. The appraiser was a nice older gentlemen who admitted he knew nothing about Turbo Buicks but, that it appeared to be a very nice car. This was a bank appraiser not an inspector. I probably overpaid by $3-4k and that's my fault. If I keep the miles down and take care of the car it should someday be worth what I paid. I've already spent some $ on small cosmetic items, and mechanical issues and I'm getting ready to have the bumpers and fillers redone. After that I'll keep it for now and drive it for what it is. It's got the original matching #s drivetrain in it and I've caught up with all the maintenance. Someday I'll either sell it or restore it. You can bet your a$$ if I sell here you'll know what you're getting.

I can not recapture what was posted...

I can assure everyone this will not happen again. Ty is the moderator of the section now...

....So are you bringing it to Cotton's Saturday if the weather is good enough? I'll be there and would like to see for myself.

As much as I'd like to drive it, with our roads full of salt/sand and snow runoff the only way I'd bring it to Cotton's Sat. would be in an enclosed trailer, which I don't have. Many of you have seen the car in person already but, if anyone else is honestly curious about my integrity and you're gonna be going through central CT Saturday on their way to or from Cotton's shop you are more than welcome to stop buy for a few beers and I'll gladly pull the car out and into the sun. PM me or my cell is 860-398-0684. Jesse.

I understand about the salt. We has the same here. Maybe it wasn't the best deal but you still can have fun with it.

Used car dealer: mint!, Showroom condition!

Potential buyer: um what about this scratch?

Used car dealer: Oh that!?... well thats just a little dust, see how the light hits the windshield!

Potential buyer: Um NO thats a scratch

Used car dealer: Hey listen to the radio, did i tell ya it was owned by an old man who took great care of it!

Potential buyer: Hey what about this bent frame?

Used car dealer: you dont know much about these cars do ya?, the frame is bent on purpose to counter act the torque thrust from the these powerfull motors!
Potential buyer: hmmm I dont know, theres some issues with this mint car.

Used car dealer: look i got five guys jumping at the chance to get into this ride, I have put them off to sell it to you and only you... Now i got all the paper work right here ready to go... come on your wife is gonna love this car and so will you!!!!

Detail for Retail!!!!!!!

I don't think anyone here has reading comprehension issues. Yes, the OP should have gone to look at the car if he wanted a complete guarantee that it was 100% as described. Even the OP has admitted to such, several times. That's not the ONLY issue here. All of that said, go look at the ad again. Does that engine compartment look as though it's ever been modded with anything major? Hell, even simple things such as a MAF pipe or up pipe change isn't even on the car. I would think most people who looked over that car would figure it to have never had a bottle put on it. Yes, while these are performance cars that were modified a lot, many people bought them, left them bone stock and drove them. This car LOOKS to be the latter of the two. With that in mind, a big point to this thread is that the seller misrepresented a car and did so knowingly by all indications. THAT is an entirely separate issue and one day, a car will get sold to the wrong person and this problem will take care of itself one way or another.

Oh some of us younger guys HAVE been to the school of hard knocks. And to be perfectly honest, had this car been sold to perhaps a less cool headed person, the seller might have well been introduced to a different type of school of "hard knocks". ;)

A secondary discussion began talking about a lawyer knowing full well that the OP really had no intention of doing this. Personally, I was pushing this part of the discussion so the seller would read this (as I'm sure he is doing) and realize SOME people out there might take his @$$ to the cleaners rather than just grin and bare it. Let's say, for instance, instead of simply making a road trip to KC for some "friendly discussion and persuasion", I'm more the type to retain counsel and wreak havoc in someone's financial world if the need were to arise. When it's all said and done, I might not see the monetary difference in my pocket. But I would make double damn sure this seller was out a large chunk of change and then some in legal fees. Yea, at the end of the day I might have spent a good bit of money with no real return. Except for me, the return would be in principal... Knowing that the seller will likely think twice before purposely misrepresenting something in the future, especially when he is at risk of having to spend the profit from several cars to defend his actions.

There are a couple of ways to get through to certain types of people in this world. One is a more "physical" approach. The other is beating their prized bank account into submission. And both are rather effective methods of getting one's attention.

exactly.

I could not agree more, someone in business to sell cars shouldnt have control over his own threads anyway.

I will also have to go look and see if he is a supporting vendor:confused:His signature is a for sale sign in itself.

I can not recapture what was posted...

I can assure everyone this will not happen again. Ty is the moderator of the section now...

That's EXACTLY what needed to happen!!
Well done Shane.

Bryan

As much as I'd like to drive it, with our roads full of salt/sand and snow runoff the only way I'd bring it to Cotton's Sat. would be in an enclosed trailer, which I don't have. Many of you have seen the car in person already but, if anyone else is honestly curious about my integrity and you're gonna be going through central CT Saturday on their way to or from Cotton's shop you are more than welcome to stop buy for a few beers and I'll gladly pull the car out and into the sun. PM me or my cell is 860-398-0684. Jesse.

i can probably get you a open trailer for the day if your interested. won't cost you a dime if your interested let me know.203 213 9126

I dont see where this is going. Its obvious the car was mis-represented and was not in show room condition but was likely sold as is. Its just an unfortunate chitty part of used car sales and a lesson learned.