Dhauser deleted my buyer warning

This was originally meant to be a warning to buyers looking at a car in the for sale section where I referred to a specific word Dhauser used in the description of the 35th anniversary Vette and said not to trust the description and to inspect the car in person using my situation as a reason why. From when I bought the car a year ago Doug has been very quiet selling wise in the For Sale section so I haven't dragged this out much till now. His response to my post was to delete it and send me a pm telling me what to do and threaten me that he was gonna tell on me to the Administrator. So of course that got me smok'n hot and here we are, it's ugly. I've still got all the emails and If he feels he needs to post our private email conversation it's only gonna make him look worse. Unless there is a way for him to alter email conversations, those conversations are gonna bring to light even more of the other issues I had with the car initially, that I haven't even mentioned in this thread. After our emails ended I found more issues but, again after I had stopped wasting my time trying to get anywhere with Doug. For example 2 issues not in our emails but visible in Doug's own pictures are the damaged frame rail and in one of the underhood shots you can see the NOS trigger hole that was rat chewed into the throttle bracket. The emails will show my initial disgust in the car, me calming down, and then getting pissed again once I washed the car and started really looking it over. Here's a brief example of what our email conversations were like Me: "Doug your ad says the car doesn't leak, and you told me it doesn't leak. The car leaked oil all over the cab of the hauler and now it's leaking oil on my driveway and garage floor." Doug's response "They all do it". For every situation like that Doug's responses were "you're bitching" "you're unreasonable" "It's 22 years old" or "they all do it"
Now think about it. I obviously have nothing to gain by this other than hopefully keeping it from happening to others. I had to swallow my pride and admit my mistake and I've truthfully exposed my car for what it is so that I can never misrepresent it if I decide to sell it. So what do I possibly have to gain here? I've never had any beefs with anyone else here at Turbobuick. Dhauser definitely can't say that. I've said all there is to say and again the whole point of this is to warn others not to make the mistake I did, don't trust others, and inspect the car yourself and based on the supportive pms I've received (some high profile), I'm not the first this has happened to. After being up all night plowing snow I'm gonna go play with my kids and go to bed. Jesse.

I remember the car for sale. Was talked up as a showroom condition car. Im sorry Black if thats the case you did get duped on the condition of the car. Ive always seen the car in person when interested in purchasing one. Too many things can go wrong buying sight unseen.
Another time but don't think you should be able to sell 3-4 cars in other cars section either at once like you can have more then 2 threads going on in part section.

He has a better chance of seeing Elvis at Burger King tonight then successfully sueing under those circumstances.

NEW items maybe? USED? No way.

Very way. Especially on higher dollar used cars like this. As I said before though, it has probably been too long.

The ad makes it sound perfect. To pay that much for a car that has HOLES IN THE TRUNK is unbelievable.

This is the 4th or 5th complaint that I have read regarding this moderator in the short period of time I have been on this board. Kinda says something.

I saw that ad and was impressed with the pictures of the GN. I even responded in the thread. So are you bringing it to Cotton's Saturday if the weather is good enough? I'll be there and would like to see for myself. Unfortunately I do not doubt your story. Your post being deleted is not the first time DHauser has gotten called out on his cars or his tactics. I guess in this day and age you can't trust anyone. BTW what are the qualifications for moderators anyway?

Very way. Especially on higher dollar used cars like this. As I said before though, it has probably been too long.

The ad makes it sound perfect. To pay that much for a car that has HOLES IN THE TRUNK is unbelievable.

This is the 4th or 5th complaint that I have read regarding this moderator in the short period of time I have been on this board. Kinda says something.
Ok. You try and tell me how it pans out. What would be ones complaint? "He said it was this and I found out it was that and I never even looked at?" Not in a million years.

I saw that ad and was impressed with the pictures of the GN. I even responded in the thread. So are you bringing it to Cotton's Saturday if the weather is good enough? I'll be there and would like to see for myself. Unfortunately I do not doubt your story. Your post being deleted is not the first time DHauser has gotten called out on his cars or his tactics. I guess in this day and age you can't trust anyone. BTW what are the qualifications for moderators anyway?

Should be honest, fair and above all.... impartial!

GC

Ok. You try and tell me how it pans out. What would be ones complaint? "He said it was this and I found out it was that and I never even looked at?" Not in a million years.
I would say if you take the ad with all those pretty pictures and the description given & compare it to the actual condition of the car as indicated by the OP, it's a lot more than just a simple "he said, he said" thing. And a guy who sells "nice vehicles" as a profession doesn't really have "ignorance" or "not being a body man" as an excuse. A judge might frown upon such things if things were to actually get taken that far.

Brett, considering that Doug owns a classic car company, he would be held to a much higher standard than the average Joe selling a car. I would think with the right attorney it may just work out for the buyer. Don't know about the time that has passed already but initially I think this would have been the correct route.

( Just for the hell of it I am going to Burger King to check for Elvis)

Bryan

I was going to stay away from this but I think my story on this car needs to be told as well.

I had a customer call me wanting me to help him find him his First ever GN and help him find a real nice one. Well I called Doug several times on this car and was told it was "Showroom Condition" too. After several conversations I asked what the cash bottom dollar was and he wouldn't budge a single penny and was real quick to say NO so we looked elsewhere and found him a super nice car for even less! He flew out and drove it home and attended BG for the first time last year and he had a blast!

I myself sold a T-Type sight unseen but I done everything that buyer asked right down to pulling up carpet so he can see the floors!! Even took video of the car at idle and driving and sent it to the buyer. When the transporter showed up I even wrote down the milage while it was on the trailer, Took a picture of the side of the truck for the name,number and reg. number so the buyer knew everything BEFORE it left.

Yes you SHOULD look at every car you buy but sometimes it just isn't possible and you have to take the word of a member or Don't buy.

No matter how you look at this, The bottom line is it was represented as "Showroom Condition". It was mentioned by phone as "Showroom Condition" "Mint" and if there is dings, dents, different shades of painted panels and holes, That isn't showroom condition no matter how you look at that!!

Was it Misrepresented? YES!
Should he have went to look at it first? YES!
Should he be pissed because it was misrepresented? Sure, he has the right to be.
Should Doug have Misrepresented the car by saying "Showroom Condition" "Mint"? NO! Not with dings, dents, different shades of painted panels and rust holes!

The best thing you can do now is just fix the hacked up stuff and make it what you want and be happy in the end. It's done and now you know better.

hope to see you out sometime having fun in the car!

Scot W.

You need to check with a local attorney about the length of time you have to file a civil suit. State laws vary on this. My father successfully sued a car dealership once using the same tactic as described above by Phoneguy. Used car dealers can be held accountable easier than proving a case against a private seller. You will probably only be able to collect for the difference in value as it was advertised and what condition it actually was. Get the car appraised and see a lawyer.

Brett, considering that Doug owns a classic car company, he would be held to a much higher standard than the average Joe selling a car. I would think with the right attorney it may just work out for the buyer. Don't know about the time that has passed already but initially I think this would have been the correct route.

( Just for the hell of it I am going to Burger King to check for Elvis)

Bryan
In every civil case there is a time frame that one has to file by. That time has surely passed. Btw, look for the guy with the cardboard king on his head.....:) He might entertain it at this time but no court will.

Missouri Statutes of Limitation

Written agreement that contemplates the payment of money or property: 10 Years, (Mo.Rev. Stat. §5l6.ll 0). NOTE: Under certain circumstances, the contractual statute of limitations may be reduced to five years.

Open accounts: 5 years, (Mo. Rev. Stat. §5l6.l20).

Sale of goods under the UCC: 4 years. NOTE: The statute begins to run from the date when the breach occurred for contracts and from the time of the last item in the account on the debtor's side for actions on accounts.

I went to Burger King, they said Elvis had just left the building, was heading to KC to check out a car. :biggrin:

Bryan

I would say if you take the ad with all those pretty pictures and the description given & compare it to the actual condition of the car as indicated by the OP, it's a lot more than just a simple "he said, he said" thing. And a guy who sells "nice vehicles" as a profession doesn't really have "ignorance" or "not being a body man" as an excuse. A judge might frown upon such things if things were to actually get taken that far.
+1 This man is presenting himself as an expert in classic performance cars not just everyday cars. He's sold them for years and very often has them advertised on this site. He cannot be both an expert that is supposed to be trusted and knowlegable as well as ignorant of what the actual mechanical or bodywork aspect of the vehicles he's selling. The classic performance car market is very specialized. To be successful you need either to be a knowlegable or a phenominal liar. You guess which one he is...

I have had enough of these problems...

Not getting into details but can someone link me to the original links for all this...

dhauser is not a vendor...

the holes in the trunk were not rust holes but hole from a NOS bottle. along with a drilled out throttle bracket. NOS was very popular in 86/87 . Ya I had it along with a lot of other friends. This is a 24 year old PERFORMANCE USED car !! Around here its an "as is" sale.
....Getting a lawyer involved is a joke BUT I am sure he will take your $$$ to go after him cause this isn't right! :rolleyes: complete waste of time.
.... Bottom line all this wouldn't be here if he went out to see it in person (yes he already said this to BUT I want to make sure others read this again an get the point).

ok next problem... :cool:

WOW, are some of you not reading what Black 3 is saying in his posts?

He is NOT looking to sue (although he probably wouldn't mind getting some money back:biggrin:)

It's about DHauser deleting Black 3's post he made in DHausers for sale thread warning anyone to look before purchasing anything sight unseen from DHauser!http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/non-buick-cars-sale/305321-35th-anniversary-vette.html

I don't think that ANYONE should delete a persons post without it being reviewed by more than just the Moderator in that forum who happened to be DHauser at the time from what I understand.

Members looking out for other Members is how I see it, and that's how it should be! Am I wrong......??:confused:

the holes in the trunk were not rust holes but hole from a NOS bottle. along with a drilled out throttle bracket. NOS was very popular in 86/87 . Ya I had it along with a lot of other friends. This is a 24 year old PERFORMANCE USED car !! Around here its an "as is" sale.
....Getting a lawyer involved is a joke BUT I am sure he will take your $$$ to go after him cause this isn't right! :rolleyes: complete waste of time.
.... Bottom line all this wouldn't be here if he went out to see it in person (yes he already said this to BUT I want to make sure others read this again an get the point).

ok next problem... :cool:

I agree. Even with a retired Attorney at my disposal who is currently doing nothing but playing tennis and golf in Palm Springs (I call him Daddy), it's probably not worth the headaches. And correct the holes in the upper floor of the trunk are not rusted. They are 4 small holes for the bolts that mount the bottle and 1 big hole for the feed line. I even found the wires rolled up behind the back of the rear seat.

WOW, are some of you not reading what Black 3 is saying in his posts?

He is NOT looking to sue (although he probably wouldn't mind getting some money back:biggrin:)

It's about DHauser deleting Black 3's post he made in DHausers for sale thread warning anyone to look before purchasing anything sight unseen from DHauser!http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/non-buick-cars-sale/305321-35th-anniversary-vette.html

I don't think that ANYONE should delete a persons post without it being reviewed by more than just the Moderator in that forum who happened to be DHauser at the time from what I understand.

Members looking out for other Members is how I see it, and that's how it should be! Am I wrong......??:confused:

Thank you that is what I thought but just wanted to make sure....

My "why bother getting a lawyer" was not intended for the original poster :cool: The lawyer deal is thrown out are the "younger" members as I would think as they havent been to the school of hard knox yet. :biggrin: ok said my piece.. Have a great day guys :cool: