Dave Bamford goes 9.23 in testing for TSM.

Wow that is impressive and you can hear him getting into the throttle a little before the 2nd staging beam.

I like that idea of prespooling on the foot brake first, I'll have to try that next year. :frown:

Oh ya, and what's with all the TSM guys and the 24psi thing, I don't know anyone in TSM but that's just sandbagging talk right?

Oh ya, and what's with all the TSM guys and the 24psi thing, I don't know anyone in TSM but that's just sandbagging talk right?

Yes. It usually takes a while before people catch on but yes;) Don't shoot me TSM guys:eek:

Interesting how you do it Kevin. I understand alot of guys do it the same way. What i am going to try and go in on the break just a little for 1st light, then keep foot on break and hit trans break at same time. Go to 2 step, and re lease foot break to light 2nd amber. Now I would think when you hit the botton, and drop the break, there should be about 6 to 8 inches of roll, to move car forward, almost like some gap, from what Im use to seeing, so this should work?

I never had luck staging my car that way. Seems like everytime I try, I deep stage it or do not roll enough to trip the lights. I just power brake the car and let it push through and stop it with the transbrake.

My point is whats the big deal if you have to stand on it until long after the green to run the numbers.

The run in itself is impressive,but if he actually had to leave on the last yellow,like in real competetive racing ...it wouldn't do it.

You have a low 9 sec car that really runs high 9's low 10's when leaving on time is important.

I get a laugh at all the guys at bowling green and such that get excited about how fast they went after taking an eternity after the green light to get spooled. Then go on to brag and run a whole second slower when it counts or even better get left at the line.

Looks impressive in qualifying but doesn't cut it in elims.
A turbocharged small block will school any door slammer.:rolleyes: Fwiw i see TSM guys nailing good lights with ease. A 2 step is all thats needed besides a good driver.

A turbocharged small block will school any door slammer.:rolleyes: Fwiw i see TSM guys nailing good lights with ease. A 2 step is all thats needed besides a good driver.

Check out Turbocliff video, he treed both stangs however it looks like on one run he red lighted. Reaction time was not an issue, with new stalls, transbrakes and 2 steps the turbo cars are making great progress.

Check out Turbocliff video, he treed both stangs however it looks like on one run he red lighted. Reaction time was not an issue, with new stalls, transbrakes and 2 steps the turbo cars are making great progress.

I have a 2 step on my car,still trying to see how well it works after finding the exhaust leak that wasn't helping things. Just had a new stall put in that I got from Dusty Bradford. Seems to be fixed now.

How many are using 2 steps in the TSM/TSO ranks? I would guess all the distributor users?

Warren Johnson runs a door slammer,got a turbo small block that can take him?

I have a 2 step on my car,still trying to see how well it works after finding the exhaust leak that wasn't helping things. Just had a new stall put in that I got from Dusty Bradford. Seems to be fixed now.

How many are using 2 steps in the TSM/TSO ranks? I would guess all the distributor users?

I use a 2 step for launch RPM only. Not needed to help build boost and maintain it.

Hrmmm....looks like Bamford's hasn't improved his reaction time at all in the past few years. I still have the time slip from the 2005 TSM race in Bowling Green that he was sleepin at the tree against me.

John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
9.71 @ 140

Vid's of me staging. One noticeable difference is that my car has no roll after the trans brake is released compared to the GN. We still have a little work to do with the GN but he was able to cut a light and 60' a couple 1.32's on the radials. He runs a T4 88mm so it's not the easiest thing to stage.

Dusty 5.05 Todd 5.55- Video

Hrmmm....looks like Bamford's hasn't improved his reaction time at all in the past few years. I still have the time slip from the 2005 TSM race in Bowling Green that he was sleepin at the tree against me.

John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
9.71 @ 140

He made mention of that when he came back from that run. He's being pretty hard on himself about that. I'll do my part and get him working on the practice tree. I cut him some slack because he hasn't been behind the wheel in over 2 years, at least with this car. :biggrin:

I hope we can tune this V6 to get close those types of #'s:eek: :eek:

Looks like with the new work done to it,maybe it will make some clean passes now.

From what I remember,long time ago before it was yours,it had serious issues most of the time.Maybe in the setup,tune or suspension,but a full clean pass was like seeing a unicorn.:biggrin:

Looks like with the new work done to it,maybe it will make some clean passes now.

From what I remember,long time ago before it was yours,it had serious issues most of the time.Maybe in the setup,tune or suspension,but a full clean pass was like seeing a unicorn.:biggrin:

The tuneup in that car has always been spot on since I worked on it. There were a lot of clutch teething pains with that car when we first put the Lenco in it mainly because the person who talked us into the clutch and claimed to be a clutch expert was an idiot.

Every time I went to the track with the car, it ran decent numbers. I guess you just must not have been around for all those unicorns. Of course, when you put a non Buick guy into the mix and remove me, I can see how things could go wrong. Course, that was Scott's decision and I guess he was planning ahead for when he would be going Mustang racing.

But, just for perspective sake, the car ran 8.06(?) at the GM High Tech shootout on a completely worn out clutch lifting in under 5 seconds into the run, it ran 8.30s in Bowling Green and was like the #3 qualifier for Quick 16, ran 8.40 the weekend after Scott took delivery of the car from Paul Borrows when Paul never got the car to go down the track and made 967 horsepower on LG's dyno at their dyno day. Not to mention the last King of the Hill race I attended with that car, it ran 4.96 and finished in 4th place that night.

When Nelson Hernandez owned the car, it won Pro Street Turbo at the 94 GS Nationals and was the #2 qualifier and fastest GN in attendance at the 1998 Buick Vs Ford shootout in Englishtown, running 8.30s up there. The only car faster was Joe Copson's Turbo Trans Am. Nelson ran a best of 8.33 with the car.

Oh yea, Scott and Nelson ran the same motor and said motor is sitting on the floor at our shop and will end up in something else. Even after 600+ passes, it's still going strong.

Nevertheless, I can name on one hand the parts that are being reused in this car so you might as well call it a completely new car.