Brian Cotton goes 164.27 mph!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. Was that the only pass that was made? Thats a big gain in mph from the previous best. Did it break traction or was the launch boost low? What was the eighth e.t./mph?

No, this was the second 8 second pass for Brian. The first was a 8.97 @ 157.67...
Here's Jack description of both runs:

Waaaahoooo..... Brian did the driving this weekend, he did a fabulous job, on a tough weekend with lots of head and crosswinds. Also, it was his first runs in the Pumpkin since his license runs.. In any event, I had a plan and things worked out well. Brians 1st run was going to be a launch, 1-2 shift and shut it down to check the recorded program.. didn't quite work out as he laid down the rubber on the launch, spinning hard and doin the dance.. but he handled it like a pro, lifted, got it straight, nailed it and hooked it for a good recording. I checked things out made a few tweaks and on the next run we made some adjustments to the Innovative boost controller, ramped in the boost and set up 3 stages of boost for the first 3 seconds, worked great, the car hooked pretty good, went about 300 ft and disappeared in a hurry bringing home Brian's 1st 8 second pass with a new MPH high of 157.67 for the pumpkin. The next morning I told Brian to get ready, I feel good about turning up the boost, so we made some adjustments to the program, reworked the 3 stages of boost and off he went. Well... we missed the launch, came out short on the boost, it was a slug for the 1st 2-300ft then it was gone like it was shot out of a cannon.... 8.94 @ 164.27... WHAT!!! I won't go into the shock and disbelief.... but it all added up when I saw the time slip. Almost 129mph in the 1\8th, even after leaving the line like a slug, so you can imagine what it looked like when the boost hit. To sum it up, I'm happy for the Pumpkin but most proud of my son Brian for a terrific job at the wheel!!!

Claude. :smile:

Time to bring it to a track with some bite and get it all in the the first 100'. Should hit some low 8's with some 1.35 60's.

Congrats to Jack/Brian, that's haulin some ass out the back door, even better, is reading the words of a proud Father. Good job gents.

Congratulations. Now bring it down to Reynolds and get yourself a 8.3 timeslip :)

Great job, Jack and Brian. Now bring it to Cecil and let it fly (Reynolds? wee don't neeeed no steeenking Reynolds! :) :) :))! Hope to see y'all in October.

Great job, Jack and Brian. Now bring it to Cecil and let it fly (Reynolds? wee don't neeeed no steeenking Reynolds! :) :) :))! Hope to see y'all in October.

Thank you guys... right on Carl.... I'll be there .. Cecil County is the best, great show, great track, and more importantly, great people to race with!! John Csortis puts on a great program and running Q16 is always fun..

congrats guys,that's moving.cecil is no joke just got back from there for the yellowbullet nationals track was prepped and guys were layin it down.

Nice

Awesome display of power. Congrats Jack and Brian. I was at Englishtown about a month ago and had a terrible time spinning there also. It sucks when you know the car is running but the tracks not there. Keep up the good work guys.

Way to pilot the pumpkin to it's all time fastest MPH. Sounds like the combination is finally coming together. I predict some 8.50's by the end of the year.

Good job Jack. I predict that the mph will be even higher when the car is able to leave hard. Maybe even 2 mph or so at the same boost level. I wouldnt be surprised to see so 8.30s at a good track with that power level. Now do what I would do and turn it up some more!

Dave Fiscus

Good job Jack. I predict that the mph will be even higher when the car is able to leave hard. Maybe even 2 mph or so at the same boost level. I wouldnt be surprised to see so 8.30s at a good track with that power level. Now do what I would do and turn it up some more!

Dave Fiscus

Easy now big guy...... you are absolutely right, 18lbs of boost for the 1st 3 seconds didn't help anything... we don't know exactly what it ran after that for boost, we had it set for 34lbs...which means it was on 31-34lbs, so I think I have a few more lbs left.:cool: you would know, how much boost will that baby make... I might have to get a 5 bar.... :eek:

You might as well buy a higher MAP sensor now. Brian doesn't seem like the kind of guy who will be content with 30 psi now that he's pegged that boost needle :smile: I don't know if you log fuel pressure. If you do, that will tell you just how high the boost really went.

Hey Fiscus, could you ask Jack my question?
It appears he will respond to YOUR postings.
Thanks Pal!
Hope all is well,say Hi to little Davey and Natalie for me!

Hey Fiscus, could you ask Jack my question?
It appears he will respond to YOUR postings.

Carefull!...Remember what "JayC" posted in post #6...(see below)...Let's not repeat the bashing which happened a while back in the "A big THANK you to Jack Cotton..." thread please...:redface:

Any useless drivel is going to result in an immediate ban. Keep that in mind when youre composing your post.

:rolleyes:

Easy!...Remember what "JayC" posted in post #6...(see below)

:rolleyes:
Don't be a jerk Claude, I asked a question,nothing more than an info question, he can politely tell me its not my concern and I am fine with that,This is the second question I asked in the thread with no response and Dave got one without a question.
I am truely happy they have run that number and knew all along he had the parts to do it
If Jay thinks in anyway i am out of line,BAN AWAY I really don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.