Bob Bailey ignition module

Thats real cool. So was I seeing a 13 code there?
Also for those that have disconnected the factory tach with aftermarket gauges......How could we tie in or have a led or whatever to flash?

the unit has an LED that flashes the same code. Do you have any tach at all?

Bob

Yeah a tach using the loose connector at the back of the alternator. Just going with a different gauges setup in the future is why I asked and teh tach will more than likely be a 3 3/8

A tach connected to that connector behind the alternator will work for this. Notice the Autometer tach in the video, its connected that way.

Bob

Thats real cool. So was I seeing a 13 code there?

yes, a code 13 means Cam Sensor Pulse Missing. This code sets when too many crank sensor pulses are received with no cam sensor pulse.

There are codes for the crank sensor, and the other signals as well as sync issues.

The LED in the unit can be used as a cam setting tool, and there is another feature that shows the cam setting on the tach. I need to get a video of that as well.

Bob

WOW, just WOW, all that incredible diagnostic ability built in!!!!

Was out testing the cam sensor "live reading" today. You turn on the mode switch to enable it and it shows you the cam setting with the engine running.

Mine is just slightly advanced, but doesn't move around as the engine is revved. (all good stuff)

Video to come in the next couple days.

Bob

Here is the cam sensor video. Before the engine is started the tach reads what your sensor should be set to, so if your tach reading is off you have a reference point to adjust the cam to.

Bob

Will that info also show up on a scanmaster? The reason i ask is the tach/rpm units tends to be off on most cars.

Also with this mode enabled on a fast ecu have any drawbacks?

Bob

Will that info also show up on a scanmaster? The reason i ask is the tach/rpm units tends to be off on most cars.

Also with this mode enabled on a fast ecu have any drawbacks?

No this will not show up on the scanmaster. As long as the tach can show 3000 RPM, then you can use it, because the tach shows the "correct" reading (3000 rpm) before you start the engine. If the tach is further off, then you can use an aftermarket tach, or just trust the old methods....

This works fine on an XFI car.

This feature is enabled by flipping a Mode switch inside the unit. So once you are done checking the cam sensor, you would turn it back off.

Bob

No this will not show up on the scanmaster. As long as the tach can show 3000 RPM, then you can use it, because the tach shows the "correct" reading (3000 rpm) before you start the engine. If the tach is further off, then you can use an aftermarket tach, or just trust the old methods....

This works fine on an XFI car.

This feature is enabled by flipping a Mode switch inside the unit. So once you are done checking the cam sensor, you would turn it back off.

Bob

Ok thanks for that info.