Bob Bailey ignition module

Pat was running .045 I think, he sent the prototype back for some updates.

When I was running it here I was running 25 psi at .045 gap with no issues.

Bob

Bob

I had no issues of firing the plugs @ 17-18 psi with a 45 plug gap. With those boost levels the car runs in very low 7's @ 100 mph. so it's got some cylinder pressure to fire through.

Hey guys. Just checking in.

All of the parts are being manufactured, I'm working on adding a couple really cool features to the software.

I will let you guys know all the details as the date gets closer.

We plan to ship units on May 1.

Bob

Hey guys. Just checking in.

All of the parts are being manufactured, I'm working on adding a couple really cool features to the software.

I will let you guys know all the details as the date gets closer.

We plan to ship units on May 1.

Bob

Bob,
Any chance that this could be made to trigger from a "points" wire so that we can control this with our point wire output on FAST XFI ? This would make it a really cool interface with the XFI and be a competative alternative to the XIM system.

Allan G.

well, its sort of a deeper question. Every XFI has the EST and bypass outputs, is the issue that your harness is missing those wires?

What crank and cam sensors are on the car?

2 of the beta test cars have XFI's, so compatibility is not an issue.

Bob

well, its sort of a deeper question. Every XFI has the EST and bypass outputs, is the issue that your harness is missing those wires?

What crank and cam sensors are on the car?

2 of the beta test cars have XFI's, so compatibility is not an issue.

Bob

Well, I guess my question should have been will the XFI be able to control the two step(like XIM module) since it is not wast spark ? If not, it would be nice to trigger your system with the XFI points wire to do so. I'm sure there may be more to it then that ? Don't know the technical feasability in doing so.

I have the stock ignition and waiting to upgrade. Been thinking of the XIM coil on plug so I can take advantage of the XFI's full athority of the two step but would like to know if your system can do the same.

Allan G.

how does the XFI "control" the XIM's 2-step? My guess is that it sends the setpoint to the XIM over the CAN link. Its not likely that it drops the EST pulse, assuming that the XIM controls dwell properly.

Regardless, to adjust the XIM 2-step from the XFI, you would need to connect a laptop.

With the TR6, you set the 2-step setting with the DipSwitches in the unit, or wire up a MSD "Pill" and use that.

For triggering the 2-step, the trigger wire could be connected to an output on the xfi.

I think there are no issues, am I missing something?

Note that all the above is irrespective of waste-spark or individual coil, the TR6 has the same capabilities either way.

Bob

how does the XFI "control" the XIM's 2-step? My guess is that it sends the setpoint to the XIM over the CAN link. Its not likely that it drops the EST pulse, assuming that the XIM controls dwell properly.

Regardless, to adjust the XIM 2-step from the XFI, you would need to connect a laptop.

With the TR6, you set the 2-step setting with the DipSwitches in the unit, or wire up a MSD "Pill" and use that.

For triggering the 2-step, the trigger wire could be connected to an output on the xfi.

I think there are no issues, am I missing something?

Note that all the above is irrespective of waste-spark or individual coil, the TR6 has the same capabilities either way.

Bob

Bob,
Thanks for the reply, There are no issues that I know of. Just looking at the pro's and con's of a stand-alone system vs. Fast controlled XIM. I would be the first to admit that I don't know enough to say one is better than the other but it would be nice to have the spark functions controled by FAST.
BTW - you may be correct with your assumption on the XIM CAN link.

Allan G.

With the TR6, all of the spark control is handled by the XFI, just like it is today. The 2-step setting is set with switches in the TR6, or using an MSD Pill. So I don't think there is a downside to the system.

Bob

the first batch will be done on May 1

The system is 495.00 and includes the control unit and a harness for the wastespark coilpack. You will also need to get a D599A coil, and some plug wires. The wires for a 2008 Silverado 2WD V6 pickup fit "ok", they are a little long. BlackGN1 (Shane) is making custom wires for this setup.

To run sequential (coil-on-plug / coil-near-plug) coils, you would need 6 LS2 coils (12573190) , mounting bracket (we are working on one, but its not done yet) and plug wires. You would also need to get a sequential coil harness, which will be 60.00

Bob

Bob,

So where can we purchase them? Eric Marshall, FullThrottle? Are they going to be accepting early deposits? Please let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

the feedback is that half of the guys like the stacked look, and half like the valve cover look.

I personally like the valve cover look, but perhaps thats just "LS Envy"

Bob

the feedback is that half of the guys like the stacked look, and half like the valve cover look.

I personally like the valve cover look, but perhaps thats just "LS Envy"

Bob
If a car has stock rocker covers yes but the nice buick ones all you see is a B rest is covered looks gayer than my brother in law