Billet wheel 6765

$1080.00 for the turbo. Motor is completely apart. Will start to reassemble on Friday. :cool:

He got it from us and actually paid a "little" less than that.

I will make sure everyone knows how the dyno testing goes....after I call Harry.;)

Cal, is that pricing correct? This is the turbo I've been waiting for, the perfect step before going all the way to 7X:)

PS put me in for the triple secret HP ratings on this turbo.

Thanks,

Justin (Bob & John's Buddy)

Its funny everyone is takin hammers to thier piggy banks like oooo oooo ooooo its a deal i want one ....Then 2tonewe4 pees in the froot loops with" its a journal bearing".....Everyone is like AWWWWWWWWWW lol :biggrin:

LOL, I figured I would ask since I didn't get googley eyed by the description of "billet wheel" like the rest of the Buick brethren!!! Sorry guys, I'll buy everyone more fruit loops!?!

After talking with Cal and Holly they both agreed the spool is soooo fast that the ball bearing option is great, however, they didn't feel it was as necesarry as it has been in the past. If its not as fast of a spool as I'd like I'll just have the cartidge added later. From what i understand these spool as fast as the old ball bearings did without the billet wheel!

I have a 6262 billet journal bearing and the spool seems about the same as my old 63E. Everything else is the same. I have a hard time feeling a difference in spool up. I would have gone DBB if I had to do it again.

After talking with Cal and Holly they both agreed the spool is soooo fast that the ball bearing option is great, however, they didn't feel it was as necesarry as it has been in the past. If its not as fast of a spool as I'd like I'll just have the cartidge added later. From what i understand these spool as fast as the old ball bearings did without the billet wheel!
Grrreeeeeaaat now we got another piece to add to the puzzle someone needs to do a video with a decently modded not over the top car and compare some billet turbos 6265 vs 6765 journal bearing vs dbb mabye even throw a couple old standby turbos like the 70gtq and the 6776 show the boost gauge spool up time and horsepower numbers...gurarantee it will help unconfuse some people and sell some turbos...

If the dbb option isnt as necessary as one would think, thats $800 that could be spent elsewhere like an intercooler or other supporting mods Like new drag radials or slicks ::biggrin:

I would've too (just sold a GTK850 dual BB) however after spending 14K for new mods for this summers combo I decided that the $800 used for the DBB option would be better used someplace else for the time being...(half the price to get GN1's) PLUS when Cal and holly tell me how great these work... I BELIEVE!!!!!!! :p

Grrreeeeeaaat now we got another piece to add to the puzzle someone needs to do a video with a decently modded not over the top car and compare some billet turbos 6265 vs 6765 journal bearing vs dbb mabye even throw a couple old standby turbos like the 70gtq and the 6776 show the boost gauge spool up time and horsepower numbers...gurarantee it will help unconfuse some people and sell some turbos...

If the dbb option isnt as necessary as one would think, thats $800 that could be spent elsewhere like an intercooler or other supporting mods Like new drag radials or slicks ::biggrin:

My point exactly! :biggrin:

The tune and type of fuel used would effect the spoolup a lot and needs to be considered when doing a comparison. Also ones opinion of modded but not over the top will vary.

Gimme a couple weeks and I can let everyone know. I gotta do some more dynoing first.

Can you make the official announcement yet? :D

If not, PM me with the info as well.
Looking into upgrading to the 6765.