Just had my Engine Rebuilt

Bought my 87 GN new in 88 and it's time. Pulled the motor and it's getting a complete rebuild. Already bought a new 200 R4 from Art Carr in California and new Aluminum heads and intake from Champion. I am looking at making this thing a rocket ship!!! Lol. Any suggestions from the vast knowledge out there would be appreciated as to fuel system, exhaust, cam/crank options etc that has worked the best for you. The motor is completely stock and I would be replacing everything.

Bought my 87 GN new in 88 and it's time. Pulled the motor and it's getting a complete rebuild. Already bought a new 200 R4 from Art Carr in California and new Aluminum heads and intake from Champion. I am looking at making this thing a rocket ship!!! Lol. Any suggestions from the vast knowledge out there would be appreciated as to fuel system, exhaust, cam/crank options etc that has worked the best for you. The motor is completely stock and I would be replacing everything.
How aboot ya start your own thread?

That way you won’t hijack this one.

Sorry. Will do. New to this.
No worries.

Problem is you will get 1,000 different answers as people’s builds are different.

You just have to decide where you’re looking to do with the car. Keeping in mind that more than likely it will be worth more if ya don’t mess with it too much.

Lots of modified ones out there stock ones are getting rarer by the day.

There are no new cam sensors being made by anyone that I'm aware of. Every once in while a NOS GM one shows up on EBAY or FB for about $700. If you don't want to rebuild it yourself there some TB guys out there that are rebuilding them. Also the Caspers cap with the LEDs in them are troublesome so I would stay with your stock one.
I have been told the Caspers cap w/ the LED works fine on a stock computer set up. First thread.

There is a guy that has a couple stock style caps here, not sure if he still has any. Second thread.

Last edited: