Awful Quiet in here?

matswtt

addicted to boost........
:biggrin: Just got back from Ohio :biggrin:
I've not been doing much but after seeing all the great cars up there i can't wait to get more work done.

went up at the last min. drove 6.5hrs up, stayed sat then came back sun.

gotta get it together this week, to make it to the test and tune on wensday.,

laterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

guess everyone's out riding in their Buicks insted of inside talkin about it;)

I've been underway a LOT lately... Then leave for 7 month deployment in September... boo...

BUT.... GN is currently kinda down due to a broken shift cable (been shifting with the column ha ha). and I'm pretty sure I need to hit up the junk yard to find a new electric fan. mine's been blowing fuses lately. I held it directly to +12v and saw the fan was a little labored to get going... Anyone up for the junkyard this week? Tracy???

Other than that, the car's been running fine. Did decent at the track, considering I couldn't launch with any boost. I took it out crusing last night and the temps made me nervous, so that ended pretty early... It never got above 200, but that's enough for me...

How's everyone else been???????

---Ron

Finally decide to tackle my own alky install this weeend. I didn't think I could do it, but between the instructions and the sticky's on the board I was able to figure it out.

25lbs boost on 93 octane in 92 degree weather with zero knock...who could ask for more!

:D

alcohol has been my best investment yet. I ran 7.2 at 97 with on 20 # on 93! Gotta love it!

I went to see Steve V

And we made a run, figured out a few things, and made a list of stuff to do...

Looking at trying to arrange a dyno day a bit later in the year...

Pete,I got the coupler for the Tornado,got one for my GN too.;)

old dominion

i think dave and i are going to the test and tune tomarrow.
i'm gonna go early and start tuning. then go across the street to the county fair to see the demo derby. redneck races at their best;) my kid wanted to see corbin blu tonite but i think dollar nite is much more practical.:)

If the weather in Ohio is nice this weekend, I'll be at the DSM version of the buick nationals....

You'll have to let us know how that plays out. Weather's been retarded these last few days...

I managed to find a stock GN fan with a rebuilt motor on Ebay for $25. Not a bad deal at all. Should be here Wednesday. at least it'll get me back on the road for my last few weeks on land...

My rider bailed at the last minute, so I got as far as Richmond and decided not to make the 10 hour drive by myself..I called you Saturday morning, but as usual you didn't answer..Too bad, I have two stock fans sitting in my shed and the Intrepid fans I have on my car are GREAT and cheap @ P&Pull....

Anybody got a spare "S" hose laying around.........................:biggrin:

Anybody got a spare "S" hose laying around.........................:biggrin:

Its funny you should ask.. .I've got a brand new one sitting here on my desk in the original packaging! I can make you a heck of a deal on it... :cool:

When are you going to be around so I can bring it to you?

My rider bailed at the last minute, so I got as far as Richmond and decided not to make the 10 hour drive by myself..I called you Saturday morning, but as usual you didn't answer..Too bad, I have two stock fans sitting in my shed and the Intrepid fans I have on my car are GREAT and cheap @ P&Pull....

I was at work from 7am Friday until about Noon on Saturday. Gotta love the Navy....

I'd like to see how you got the fans mounted on yours. I went by P&P yesterday and couldn't picture how I could get the fans mounted up. What year Intrepid did you get your fans from?

I don't remember the year..They are really on more cars than the Intrepid.. That same body style has a couple different names..

IMG_0191.jpg

Gotta love the bungee :biggrin:

I walked through just about every aisle at P&P and couldn't find anything that matched the width of the mounting holes (11"). Every one I came across seemed to be 9" or like 18". Guess this gives me another excuse to go visit P&P again.. :)

I am usually around on Sundays,some Saturdays. You could just give it to Tracey since you guys live so close.

I pulled my fan out and cleaned it up using some contact cleaner. Got a whole lot of black crud out of it. I reinstalled it and it seems to work... BUT ... The hot lead going from the fan to the relay (small one on fender) gets REALLY hot. one of the leads on the relay goes to ground... it stays cool. another goes to a switch I have mounted in the console. It stays cool too. The fourth lead goes to the alternator and it also stays cool. the only wire that heats up goes from the relay to the fan. I let it run for about 15 minutes and although the wire got hot at the relay, it didn't pop the fuse and seemed fine. I'm going to take it out for an hour or so tonight to see if it stays running and doesn't burst into flames.

Any ideas what would cause the wire to heat up like that? it is only hot right at the connection between the wire to the fan motor and the relay? I guess I should get the voltmeter on it and see what it's doing in terms of voltage and current....