Atco results ...Melissa ran 10.10 @132

Wouldn't an FMIC free up more backpressure and also create a cooler inlet which would require more fuel?

I think the V4 is very effective, but not over a BA FMIC with the 4" core.

I like the idea of tweaking what you got, but how many guys running in the 130's + have an aftermarket stock location IC?

That does not mean those people that do run one are clueless, but that there is probably something still on the table to take advantage of in the intercooler core efficiency etc.

Wouldn't an FMIC free up more backpressure and also create a cooler inlet which would require more fuel?

I think the V4 is very effective, but not over a BA FMIC with the 4" core.

I like the idea of tweaking what you got, but how many guys running in the 130's + have an aftermarket stock location IC?

That does not mean those people that do run one are clueless, but that there is probably something still on the table to take advantage of in the intercooler core efficiency etc.

NO we just want to keep the car simple and stupid.. It's a driver/beater thats driven ... NOT a garage queen that gets used every now and then .. ... Melissa drives this car everywhere .. Front mounts = BIG $$$$ cooling set ups that we just can't be bothered with :eek: we have been in traffic at the beach for at lease an hour .. temp may hit 185 with the AC on ... Save the nice big front mounts for the racer's :cool: :biggrin:

Who needs a front mount when you have alky? Alky makes a inefficent intercooler, efficient.

Who needs a front mount when you have alky? Alky makes a inefficent intercooler, efficient.

Alky just lowers the temps, you still have backpressure in the core. Most FMIC's will free up around 4-5psi of backpressure at 13 degrees per psi (about 65 degrees). The turbo map also drops closer to the peak efficiency island because it's pushing 4-5 less psi to acheive the same level in the manifold.

Ram Fans have yet to produce a temp higher than 178-180 for me over the summer with my V2.

bottom line is the car will go in the 9's with a V4 :eek: 132-133-4:eek: mph is fast enuff ... I don't do front mounts :eek: I have had a few customer's cars here with them .. NONE ran as cool as her car does with the V4 . Plus I like a stock appearance for the show and shiner's .. keeping it simple and stupid :p
ok no video but Artie got this pic :biggrin:

Attachments

• Meliissa launch 1.jpg
    Meliissa launch 1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 270
Alky just lowers the temps, you still have backpressure in the core. Most FMIC's will free up around 4-5psi of backpressure at 13 degrees per psi (about 65 degrees). The turbo map also drops closer to the peak efficiency island because it's pushing 4-5 less psi to acheive the same level in the manifold.

Ram Fans have yet to produce a temp higher than 178-180 for me over the summer with my V2.

Theoretically I cant argue, practically I can say the combo is working. Proof is in the time slip's'. It is what it is;)

We are always caught up in bigger is better, aftermarket is better than OEM, etc. If anything it needs more injector not IC.

Think of this question..

How many GN's with a 109 motor full accessories on drag radials have run this number?

How many on a stretch IC?

It should put things into perspective. Alky or not.

Theoretically I cant argue, practically I can say the combo is working. Proof is in the time slip's'. It is what it is;)

We are always caught up in bigger is better, aftermarket is better than OEM, etc. If anything it needs more injector not IC.

Think of this question..

How many GN's with a 109 motor full accessories on drag radials have run this number?

How many on a stretch IC?

It should put things into perspective. Alky or not.

it is what it is :biggrin: ALKY Rules :eek: I have been into Buicks to long to go with the bigger is better thing .. She is fine MPH wise NOT ET wise:eek: need that 9.9999999:rolleyes: and thats it !!!! no more :eek:

humm im pretty sure 275-60 = 28 inches tall and 9inches wide..

look nice.. same size im runing

can i see and engine shot of this monster ...

motor looks like most others..gettin the chrome off of it this winter :eek:

Attachments

• Melissaengine.JPG
    Melissaengine.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 261
very impressive Dan.. drag radials and alky who could ask for more
Im proud of you brother !!!

we will celebrate when you get that single digit time slip :D

very impressive Dan.. drag radials and alky who could ask for more
Im proud of you brother !!!

we will celebrate when you get that single digit time slip :D

She is buggin me to get her back down to NJ or Md and give it one more try before winter sets in :eek:

Don't get me wrong, this car is dialed in and tweaked big time, just throwing out options to hit the 9er. Hell, I have yet to see a 130+ on a T66 GN regardless of mods on here. ;)

And you have the stock Throttle Body??:eek:
Is it ported??
Could be the missing 2 tenths and you can keep the sleeper look.