Atco results ...Melissa ran 10.10 @132

Don't get me wrong, this car is dialed in and tweaked big time, just throwing out options to hit the 9er. Hell, I have yet to see a 130+ on a T66 GN regardless of mods on here. ;)

And you have the stock Throttle Body??:eek:
Is it ported??
Could be the missing 2 tenths and you can keep the sleeper look.

ported stock TB ... only need a .11 for a 9.99 :eek: BUT I know that one tenth can be a killer :p :biggrin:

She is buggin me to get her back down to NJ or Md and give it one more try before winter sets in :eek:

MAKE SURE you check the weather if you come back here, Dan...It was really humid last night here and Atco was SCARY..Everyone was spinning around..not ideal conditions for breaking my new motor in...Let us know if/when you guys come back ! I'd like to be there for the 9.9999999999999 :biggrin:

ported stock TB ... only need a .11 for a 9.99 :eek: BUT I know that one tenth can be a killer :p :biggrin:

Maybe the God's from the Heavens above will let you have a 20mph tail wind and a 30deg day the next time you're running! :D Is this about getting in the 9's or is it about getting in the 9's with alky and pump gas? :D

Maybe the God's from the Heavens above will let you have a 20mph tail wind and a 30deg day the next time you're running! :D Is this about getting in the 9's or is it about getting in the 9's with alky and pump gas? :D

9s on pump gas AND ALKY :biggrin: Prob goin to go to Cecil County next week or the week after .. I just want a cool day(maybe 50*'s) with sun to warm up the track ... then see what happeneds :eek:

Wow Grumpy,
Now that's one "beater" that I'd be proud to drive. I'd be ashamed for you to see my "nice car".

Wow Grumpy,
Now that's one "beater" that I'd be proud to drive. I'd be ashamed for you to see my "nice car".

I have gone threw a lot of them ... She keeps her's :cool: I get board to easy ... been looking at her time slips ... with a better short time that she has done we "should" be able to run low 10.0's.. Soooo have to push for that 9 that we may or maynot get :eek: Like I said those one tenths can be a killer !!! then this winter she gets HER motor back in the car .. Little stronger than this one BUT bigger isn't allways better :eek: :p

With the air we had yesterday at Cecil, you probably would have gotten your 9.99 timeslip.
The air was great and the track was HOOKIN ! :cool:

I don't know what it is about Cecil, but every time I get my best numbers on a car, it happens to be at Cecil. I've run at Maple Grove 15 minutes from home, E-Town, Atco, etc... I still prefer going to Cecil.

8.46 @ 159 on my Blue Camaro was done at Cecil.
8.33 @ 165 on my red Camaro was done at Cecil.
11.15 @ 121 on my 86 T-type was done at Cecil.
10.95 @ 122 on my 87 GN was just done yesterday at.... CECIL.

See a trend here ? ;)

ya we are looking at Cecil only ... Atco was a zoo last week :mad: soooo see what happeneds when we get there. pray for a sunny day :cool:

how much better than a 1.48 60ft you think your gonna get off the foot brake to run a 9.99? maybe have Russ hold the bumper before the launch! thats keeping it simple, he he.

how much better than a 1.48 60ft you think your gonna get off the foot brake to run a 9.99? maybe have Russ hold the bumper before the launch! thats keeping it simple, he he.

she has done a 1.45 BUT with some heat in the track and Russ and I giving her a push she might gain something :eek: even 10.0's :eek: talk about being greedy :p we originally shooting for a 10.8 :rolleyes: gotta keep trying.. if this motor doesn't do it maybe her new one will with a little better junk in it :wink: oh one thing..car is laying down at the top !!

Matt how did your cage come out ??? :confused: I'd be curious how you do because her new motor is like yours ... only thing is you have a front mount and she only has a V4 stock location ..

I think it has a low 1.40 in it off the foot brake, gonna be tough though..... I'm bettin she can do it.....

Now an E-brake launch....No problem!! I just can't get her to try one.......:)

I'm going to turn it up some more from what we've been running. Will it help, who knows till we try but we're not afraid.........Racin is racin, if it breaks we'll fix it. We're going for #s here not how many consecutive passes we can make @ 21#.......Grumpy knows "s**** happens" racin.......Melissa is also understanding....."Just make god damn sure it's ready for next week!!"

There will be no firing of the parts cannon. 9s with pump gas/alky and what we have.....If it doesn't happen it's not the end of the world....But it would be cool......

Transbrake and bigger tires next year..........I hope....

Transbrake and bigger tires next year..........I hope....

ummmmm... I have been pushing her for the past 45 min :eek: NO transbreak OR bigger tires :rolleyes:
Me ... hey Melissa how about a transbreak ??? car would launch like crazy !!!!????
Her answer..... transbreak's are for race cars :rolleyes:

Me.... Well how about a little bigger tires ???? make the car launch better!!!!???

Her answer..... nah... tires are big enuff.. go outside and look at the car from the rear.. tires are allready HUGE !!! 325's would look to much like a race car !!

Can't win for nothing :( maybe she will change her mind when this thing runs 11.5s again :eek:

325's look funny but will definetly hook better than a 275. no cage yet, still procrastinating getting it done. i turned mine up to around 29 psi, the car just laughs ans says "give me more!" cant wait to get it back to the track in the spring. gotta get the x-mas presents out of the trunk first. 10 sec mall cruiser, gotta love it.

325's look funny but will definetly hook better than a 275. QUOTE]

well we would do a frame notch so they tuck in ... still may look weird from behind... we are just thinking :eek: prob end up just leaving it alone and driving it :rolleyes: although thats to easy and sensable :cool:

Sounds like a transbrake is the least detectable solution. If you can get traction with the 275s would be interesting though.

Sounds like a transbrake is the least detectable solution. If you can get traction with the 275s would be interesting though.

she doesn't want one :redface: just let her get the hang of the new combo and she where she goes. she could bracket race her old 11.4 set up so this will be no different with some seat time :biggrin:

9s on pump gas AND ALKY :biggrin: Prob goin to go to Cecil County next week or the week after .. I just want a cool day(maybe 50*'s) with sun to warm up the track ... then see what happeneds :eek:

Dan,

Please let us know ahead of time when you are heading down to Cecil County...I'm not too far away and would love to see Melissa's car run and meet you as well.

-Scott