Another Bay area member's car (John Wilde) was just stolen this morning...

Really sorry John. Who is hte big turbobuick guy around you?,my guess is they are in on it or atleast buying up the parts.

i feel ya

when i lived in Diamond Bar CA we used to joke about my lowered custom daily driver truck...saying i wonder when not if they will steal it...sure enough it was gone from my driveway one morning...you cant have anything nice..someone else will always want it too...sorry for your loss,hopefully it will turn up..mine did.then i sold it and moved back to Florida

Very sorry to hear about this. I lay awake at night sometimes worrying that this will happen.

So sorry to hear that, John. Sadly, it will take a while for the bitterness to fade - I drove a 4 cyl Reliant stick shift for eight years before I got back into hot rods with my t-type after I lost a car.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.
I hope the insurance company plays nice.
With the baby coming in August we have no funds to buy
a replacement other than the settlement...
I can't even really look for something else until they
let me know what that will be.

Not all is lost, my wife and boy still love me.
However it is kind of sad, my boy really liked that car.

This sucks John. Im very sorry to hear it. Happened to me 12 years ago so i understand the aggravation. Dirty bastards!

we the Buick community have got to keep an eye and ear out for these cars with fresh paint jobs and for advertised t/r parts be it on craigs list or e- bay, usually these s o b's are too lazy to sand everything off properly or might paint them but not change the interior, sorry for your loss

John This SUCKS !!!!! Maybe you will find it fast before they screw it up ! Keep us updated Daniel Ray

Sorry for your loss man. I know it's like losing a family member. I hope they find the ****-suckers that stole it. It would take everything in me to not kill the bastards. I hope they find your car in one piece also.

JOHN, WHAT INSURANCE CO DO YOU HAVE.AND DO YOU HAVE AN APPRAISAL OF THE CAR WITH AGREED VALUE.IF NOT YOU SOULD BE ABLE TO GET A CLASSIC CAR DEALE(Dennis kerban) TO GET YOU ACTUAL VALUE TO SUBMIT TO THE INSURANCE CO.IF NOT YOU KNOW WHAT THERE GOING TO TRY IS CUT YOU A CHECK FOR A 86 REGAL NO F...ING WAY DO YOU TAKE THAT DEAL!YOURE GOING TO HAVE TO PLAY HARD BALL WITH THEM AND IT WILL BE A LONG PROCESS.DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING OR VERBILY AGEE TO ANY THING PERIOD. EVERY RECEIT YOU HAVE ALL DOCUMENTATION HAVE COPYS MADE AND SUBMIT TO THE INSURER.SO SORRY FOR YOURE LOSS I HOPE THIS HELPS.

My father always told me, the two worst king of people in this world are 1 a liar and 2 a theif.

Looks like Buick thefts are alive and well in Cali. Time to set up a sting.

Sorry for your loss John. That really blows.

JOHN, WHAT INSURANCE CO DO YOU HAVE.AND DO YOU HAVE AN APPRAISAL OF THE CAR WITH AGREED VALUE.IF NOT YOU SOULD BE ABLE TO GET A CLASSIC CAR DEALE(Dennis kerban) TO GET YOU ACTUAL VALUE TO SUBMIT TO THE INSURANCE CO.IF NOT YOU KNOW WHAT THERE GOING TO TRY IS CUT YOU A CHECK FOR A 86 REGAL NO F...ING WAY DO YOU TAKE THAT DEAL!YOURE GOING TO HAVE TO PLAY HARD BALL WITH THEM AND IT WILL BE A LONG PROCESS.DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING OR VERBILY AGEE TO ANY THING PERIOD. EVERY RECEIT YOU HAVE ALL DOCUMENTATION HAVE COPYS MADE AND SUBMIT TO THE INSURER.SO SORRY FOR YOURE LOSS I HOPE THIS HELPS.

Hopefully it doesn't come down to that John and you quickly get your car recovered. I was and still am with State Farm and my agent recommended that I do a third party appraisel after the fact. The first offer prior to the appraisal was $8,000 (I paid $6,000) and I took my agents advice, did the appraisel for like $200 or $300. Someone reviewed all of my pics/receipts and compared my car to other 86 T-type's for sale at the time. They came to a figure of just under $13,000 and I was really surprised!

Time to set up a sting.

X2 that's what I'd be doing if I could help it....is setting up cloned up GN's from old Regals as 'bait cars"...then make it nation-wide known...that the GN/T-type/Regal you're about to tow just might be a bait car. Only problem is the corrupt judge would just give them a slap on the wrist and turn them loose back on the streets.

Only problem is the corrupt judge would just give them a slap on the wrist and turn them loose back on the streets.

Yes, but then you know who they are...........:biggrin:

I am from the country and things seem to correct themselves.
Karma is a bitch.

been there John, also stolen from the house. It sucks, and nothing changes that. A word of advice, whatever is offered from insurance will be low, dont accept it as done. We ended up spending $400 for an independent appraisal from a licensed appraiser and resubmitted the appraisal w/ a request to modify. That took ours from a $5000 to $11000 settlement. Still not enough , but much closer. That was $400 well spent.
Once that is done, only time will heal the feelings you have. See you soon in another awesome TR.

Im locked and loaded and can be there to begin hunting in 5 hours....:mad:

Sorry bro....

Ed

Dang!

John,

If you can, post some pics of the engine. We'll keep an eye out for stuff. When you get it back, post what you need.

I'm sure that many of us would help you out with parts.

Keep us in the loop. Sorry to here about this.

Mike Barnard