Stolen 87 grand national san francisco bay area

winford

My baby got taken last night in between the hours of 10:30pm 4/19 and 8:00am this morning in front of my driveway. It has a removable steering wheel with a steering hub lock on it. The lock was on it and the steering wheel was off when it was taken. Stock rims, no tint, t-top, has all the badges on it including the chrome 3.8 sfi badges on the bulge of the hood. Original seats with the embroidered turbo 6 logos on the headrests. Basically all stock appearance with what i believe is a te44 turbo with a newish turbonetics housing. 42.5# Injectors. No mufflers, downpipe only. Previous owner said there was some cam and piston work done on the rebuild. Its pretty damn loud. Scanmaster installed on dash along with a stuart warner boost gauge on the pillar. Stolen in front of my house in South San Francisco, but is likely to be anywhere in or around the San Francisco Bay Area. I've already filed a report with the police although I doubt they are going to do anything bout it. Any leads, info, advice, please let me know. I've never had a car stolen before, anything is appreciated.

PLATE #5GIC631
VIN #1G4GJ1178HP459370

I live in the east bay and work in the peninsula. Ill keep an eye out. We had a local club member had his taken from that area last year. Sorry.

I am very sorry for your loss.
We had two cars stolen from our local club last year. (Including mine)
I was lucky because they had issues with some of my tricks and we
got mine back. You car is most probably in Oakland right now.
They leave them out side for a while to check and see if they have low jack, after a day or two they strip them.
Our other car was just a shell when it was recovered.
The funny thing is nobody will do anything about it...

Best of luck!

You should call the Oakland Police and ask for their stolen car task force.
They might be able to look for it.

Here is another link:
ACRATT - Home

Ya I called police departments in the surrounding areas and all they all just ran the vin and plate # to tell me that it was reported stolen(like I didn't already know). They all just told me that my car is already in the system and that they'll be looking for it. My other car's(truck actually) registration just expired and is temporarily not running(which is why i've been driving/parking the National in the street) so driving around and actually looking for it is pretty much out of the question.

Unfortunately I dont have pictures, but appearance wise the car is basically stock with all the badges and emblems on it. Not even tint on the windows. Stock wheels, centercaps, everything. There is a small dent with a curved crack in the paint on the drivers side door in the middle of the edge of the door towards the rear but that dent is hardly noticeable.

I guess all I can do is hope for the best.

Wow !!!

parked on the street thats a no-no ... that car was hauled off with a repo tow truck ! good luck man i'll keep my eye out over here in the 510 ...

Ya I called police departments in the surrounding areas and all they all just ran the vin and plate # to tell me that it was reported stolen(like I didn't already know). They all just told me that my car is already in the system and that they'll be looking for it. My other car's(truck actually) registration just expired and is temporarily not running(which is why i've been driving/parking the National in the street) so driving around and actually looking for it is pretty much out of the question.

Unfortunately I dont have pictures, but appearance wise the car is basically stock with all the badges and emblems on it. Not even tint on the windows. Stock wheels, centercaps, everything. There is a small dent with a curved crack in the paint on the drivers side door in the middle of the edge of the door towards the rear but that dent is hardly noticeable.

I guess all I can do is hope for the best.

Was it for sale or was it recently purchased?

It's probably at that place in oakland where they all end up. Somebody here knows the place. Always has GN's outside and place is in a real bad area.

That's where I was trying to point at but there's all type of cars there older cars from 60s to 70s with 87 gn drive train, asked I guy there once if he had any parts for sale he might of had laying around with so many cars with there drive train but he got up, all hostile like if I was trying to accuse him of something, that's why I would check there!

So that means that all the g rides end up in Oaktown!!!! Specially The Great Grand Nationals.

First and formost i would like to express sympothy on hearin about your car mr winford....I too have goten a buick stolen once before..For some reason people seem too point the finger at the shop where i work at.There are too buicks at the shop that you are more than welcome to come and see ....And another reason you see alot of buicks there at the shop is because we fix the common problems like cracked headers and leaks in the exhaust system...oh yea to lgonzales 1986 and Gnx6 what have we done too you both for you both too point a finger at us saying we got any these people things....once again mr winford ill keep my eyes open over here.

Man, I'm getting really tired of hearing about the worthless scumbags. Doesnt anybody have the ambition to get a real job anymore? Doesnt anybody give two sh*ts about other people anymore? I guess not.

So many freakin scumbags in this country now, it's no wonder why our economy is horrible. I can garauntee if any of my Buicks get stolen, the theif will end up getting cut into pieces and fed to the hogs. The police may be so used to stolen vehicle reports that they dont care but I do and I will take my own actions to f*ck you up.

I hate scumbag theifs!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Try Helen street in Oakland

Helen street in Oakland...at the dead end near the rail road tracks. LOOK THERE or that area. My 87 Turbo Regal was stolen about 6 years ago. I had LoJack and the Alameda PD recovered my car in 2 hours.