A New Drag Anti Lag System

I understand that it's tempting to look at the alcohol as the reason that the bp is so low. I tend to think it has a lot more to do with the massive turbine housing and the 110/100mm :eek: turbine wheel.

When I was running the old T76 with the .92 a/r, Q trim, the bp ratio was 1.5-1.6:1. Since data on that turbo is more readily available, maybe someone can let us know if that exhbckp/intbstp ratio is unordinarily better than what is usually encountered. If it's the same as what others have seen with gas applications, then maybe the alcohol isn't making that big of a difference.

You cannot tell me that the hotside on this turbo doesn't have a lot to do with the bp ratio.
That's a 5" V-band discharge on the turbine housing.

Attachments

• IMGP0853rs.jpg
    IMGP0853rs.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMGP1119rs.jpg
    IMGP1119rs.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 133
We're talking any combo, not yours particularly. Take 1 of the ADRL cars for example. He's running a 585ci alky BBC with a single 114mm. A 540ci BBC on gas will easily reach 2:1 on gas with a single 114 when trying to run near 30psi of boost. Switching to alky dropped the BP enough that he picked up enough power without having to go to twins. Now if he puts twins on it, BP drops even more.

Regarding yours, yes the mammoth sized turbo is the main reason your bp is so low and I know the alky helps as well.

It's fairly easy to get to a 2:1 ratio on the V6's so I'd say yes yours was better than the norm. Of course there's really only one way to know for sure.

We're talking any combo, not yours particularly. Take 1 of the ADRL cars for example. He's running a 585ci alky BBC with a single 114mm. A 540ci BBC on gas will easily reach 2:1 on gas with a single 114 when trying to run near 30psi of boost. Switching to alky dropped the BP enough that he picked up enough power without having to go to twins. Now if he puts twins on it, BP drops even more.

Regarding yours, yes the mammoth sized turbo is the main reason your bp is so low and I know the alky helps as well.

It's fairly easy to get to a 2:1 ratio on the V6's so I'd say yes yours was better than the norm. Of course there's really only one way to know for sure.

I'm on E85, but I'll post up some BP #'s shortly. If this theory is true it will def. work in my favor(523ci with 88's & t4 .96 exh )

Does your motor run a dry sump setup?
Yes I am. After blowing up Alky v1.0 and sliding across the finish line at over 100 mph at a sideways angle, I swore I would never race with a wet sump pan again.

This view shows more of the drysump equipment.

Attachments

• IMGP1118rs.jpg
    IMGP1118rs.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 127
all I know is the Mad Professor aka Don Wang and this crazy cowboy willie who runs a toyota truck are both worth listening too.

much respect, 1 love and thats BOOST!
Great thread, subscription added, again all becase of the Mad Professor aka Don