new class any interest

We have interest from sevral v-8 guy's most are NOS guys I will play with a the f1-r or f2 what ever is decided in the end. There are a couple of turbo v-8 guy's talking to but I'm not sure if they will really be competative. It was determined over on the v-8 board thay it could be non-BUick body if it meet all other rules.

I am open non-Buick body, Buick power that meets the basic chassis, body, and weight requirements for the class. 55 and newer rear wheel drive, American based.??

The problem here is trying to make a 500+ inch turbo V8 fair competition for a 274 inch turbo V6 that probably can't reach below 3400# without looking like a pro-mod. The only fair way to race a V6 against the BBB's is limit the V6's to an 88 and BB's to a single kit.

Under Pressure......#1. The GSCA will never allow anything other than a Buick engine to power anything in competition at the nats. The nats attendance is obviously shrinking but allowing in other engines in Buick bodies will only slightly increase car counts and will not offset the loss of the die hard Buick guys. I only made test passes during the week with my Chevy powered car and a few took issue with it.

I wonder if anyone said anything when Conley raced "Tweaked 2":rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dusty I had no problem seeing your car run in BG. Congrads on the win.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I don't know why there is a problem racing a Buick bodied car with any GM motor, just let them have their own seperate class. People want to see cars going fast. Buick powered, non-Buick bodied cars are already allowed to run but only in brackets.

I think the idea is good but not practical.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I don't know why there is a problem racing a Buick bodied car with any GM motor, just let them have their own seperate class. People want to see cars going fast. Buick powered, non-Buick bodied cars are already allowed to run but only in brackets.

I think the idea is good but not practical.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

That has always been my thought also. When Buick built there cars they used Corporate V8 engines but for some reason you have to bastardize your car to run at this event. My ? is what makes a Buick a Buick? The engine, the body or both together? I guess only the blessed gods of the GSCA know for sure. :biggrin:

I was asked tonight if we were going to run 1/8 mile or 1/4 I told them even tho it would tighten up the class it would most likely be 1/4. I think 1/8 would benifit the slower cars. what do you all think.

lights

It would do no harm to have more of a change at the buick events! Over the past years it's basically all the same stuff. Buick V6's with turbo's / Buicks with the big blocks... It would be nice to see something different, Like Prochargers, Magnachargers, turbo's on the bigblocks- Stuff like that would be nice!

Don't get me wrong, The buicks are a blast! Bowling Green's GS Nationals is a blast! and the people are awesome!

I belive everything must move with the times or in time things will get stagnant and old after awhile watching the others move ahead with the times..

I think it would be a good idea...

Scot W.[/QUOT Scott how much for the L.E.D.S. PM ME.thanks

pretty much we are still try to get a feel for who the rules. not gettin a lot of feed back be=ut we will finish them in the next month. Really want some v-6 guy's to play so we can have a deverse class

Rick and I are going to try and finalize these rule this weekend. So if you are truly going to try and run the class and have any ideas for change to have us look at please post them in the next couple of days..

I am so sick of hearing your same comment if you call richard and can get him to allow it I'm fine with it but I'm not going to do it for you Because I see no reason to because he will say no and I can waste time with out anyones help.