TRE Performance Fuel Pump Wiring

trion23

I bought a TRE performance 255 lph fuel pump to install in my 87 GN. It didn't come with any instructions. I'm confused about the in-pump wiring, because the replacement pump appears to have positive (red) and negative (black) reversed compared to the factory setup. Either that's the case, or I'm misunderstanding the current pump wiring (which uses black and gray - not red). See attached pics of the stock setup, and the replacement pump (which has a different connector, so I'm probably going to have to solder wires).

image (1).png

Factory pump setup - black is on the left (with plug side of pump towards me)

image (2).png

Factory pump setup pic 2 - black on the left (with plug side of pump towards me)

image (3).png

TRE Performance pump - appears similar to stock, but connector is different, and red/positive is on the left, black/negative on right (with plug side of pump towards me)

image (4).png

TRE Performance pump pic 2 - red/positive is on the left, black/negative on right

I just want to confirm this is correct, and positive and negative are reversed on the new pump.

Thanks!

Chris Atkins

PS I'm surprised I can't find any threads about this, because the Walbro pumps appear to be the same way.

Beef that stuff up with some new wiring. If you need to swap polarity it's no big deal. Just de-pin it and swap.

fpwh-018 has a grounding ring terminal that gets bolted down in back of the car. Make the most of the ground by making yourself a ~16ft long 10 or 12 gauge ground wire from that bolted terminal all the way up to the front of the car where it grounds to the battery.