new class any interest

Gsca

I am so sick of hearing your same comment if you call richard and can get him to allow it I'm fine with it but I'm not going to do it for you Because I see no reason to because he will say no and I can waste time with out anyones help.

Nice attitude A-Hole. ;) I'm pretty sick of hearing all the excuses of why REAL Buicks can't run at your event. :mad: I guess it's just to keep your jurasic clubs mentality & ancient technology going. Good luck with your new class, i'm sure it will bring in the crowds.

Nice attitude A-Hole. ;) I'm pretty sick of hearing all the excuses of why REAL Buicks can't run at your event. :mad: I guess it's just to keep your jurasic clubs mentality & ancient technology going. Good luck with your new class, i'm sure it will bring in the crowds.

Nice that is why I will not waste anymore time with you ,you know nothing it is not my club nor my event at present I'm not even a club member. As far as my attitude you have beat this horse over and over I have explained I don't care if you came and run it is not my call that would be the club /event cordinator which is by the way is not me. My goal is to try and get the buick people to step up to power adders and have a place to race. I will race you I don't care if you win guess what it wouldn't be my first time being beat and you never know I might win. But for the last time in case you don't understand I do not control which cars are allowed at the gsnats other wise it could be like all the other events all over the world and no buick would show.

What et do you see this class running?

Dusty
I think if we can get any tso cars I would expect them to be the quickest so mid 8.s there is no really quick 10.5 tired v-8 other than mine and maybe rick's car. I have yet get mine figured all the way out but if we can before the nats I should be right in there myself.

I would consider running this event. It would be cool to be able to run both these races like we were able to run the Quick 8 and TSO at BPG.

Will this be ran at other venues next year besides BG?

Dusty
I think if we can get any tso cars I would expect them to be the quickest so mid 8.s there is no really quick 10.5 tired v-8 other than mine and maybe rick's car. I have yet get mine figured all the way out but if we can before the nats I should be right in there myself.

I do think the TSO cars will have the upperhand until a aftermarket V8 block is released. Once that happens it will be pretty much impossible to right a set of turbo rules. The V6 and BBB will not be able to use the same turbo and the V6 car would not be able to get light enough to compete with a BB turbo engine. I'm interested to see what V8 guys come up with. I've been waiting for years to see a BBB with boost or n2o.

I would consider running this event. It would be cool to be able to run both these races like we were able to run the Quick 8 and TSO at BPG.

Will this be ran at other venues next year besides BG?

it could be if we get a good response

Made the same post on T6P.

Something I've been toying with. What about an index class? Any Buick bodied door slammer, any power adder, no throttle stops or timers, pro-tree, any engine, transmission, power adder or tire size? Real simple, no minimum weight, no teching and no arguments. This would allow for the guy that wants to build his car for a specific class to compete without worrying about rules at a Buick event. "Run what you brung just don't bring too much". Set an index of say 8.90 or 8.80, go faster and you lost! Need to hit the tree and the car needs to run the number. Both car and driver will need to do their job or you've lost. Real simple and no arguments or fights in the pits. All these heads-up classes are just getting too complicated and it ends up being the guy with the most money ends up winning and the guys at the bottom break stuff trying to catch up.

Run it on a day where Q-16/S-8 are not running and all the faster guys in these classes can compete. Maybe some of the TSO, TSL and faster TSM guys may cross over too.

Just my thoughts!
Art.

Bobb,

I would be interested in giving it a try once my car is back up and running.

Something I've been toying with. What about an index class? Any Buick bodied door slammer, any power adder, no throttle stops or timers, pro-tree, any engine, transmission, power adder or tire size? Real simple, no minimum weight, no teching and no arguments. This would allow for the guy that wants to build his car for a specific class to compete without worrying about rules at a Buick event. "Run what you brung just don't bring too much". Set an index of say 8.90 or 8.80, go faster and you lost! Need to hit the tree and the car needs to run the number. Both car and driver will need to do their job or you've lost. Real simple and no arguments or fights in the pits. All these heads-up classes are just getting too complicated and it ends up being the guy with the most money ends up winning and the guys at the bottom break stuff trying to catch up.

Run it on a day where Q-16/S-8 are not running and all the faster guys in these classes can compete. Maybe some of the TSO, TSL and faster TSM guys may cross over too.

Just my thoughts!
Art.

Art, I agree. Seems that we are looking for a place to race with car count we can count on. It is perfectly understandable that everybody wants to have that little edge on the next guy. With a index you have side by side drag racing every event and consistency and driver input is important. I have seen some call this bracket racing, but I just don't see that.

What about a 10.0, 9.50.9.00,8.50 index racing heads up no weight class. Run what you brung!! Heads up no bracket racing. That is not even racing, soory but true. NHRA certified only. That will lower the count and even if there are not enough cars take the most of one class and make others adjust as needed. Just my two cents..

I'd like to see it open to Buicks with engines they were ORIGINALLY built with. :rolleyes:

It's called a Chevy motor. The one with all the cool parts available for it, the one that stays together. ANYONE can build power with Chevy parts, seen it plenty of times. How about this, race the stock corperate block, heads, and the rest of the parts that were ORIGINALLY on any of the corperate Buicks and let me know how fast it doesn't go......

This race class is about racing with Buick motors. It is about supporting Buick junk, chevy doesn't need our help. You don't have to like it, race somewhere where you can run your Chevy/Buick heads-up. There is more than plenty, pick one... If you can't compete with them is not my problem....

The index class has looked for support in the past for GSE stuff, just didn't catch on. It's a good idea but a good portion of Heads-up racer just don't have it in them to lift unless they're baiting someone for a money race or there looking at a wall. Too much money and effort trying to get the Buick to do something, would hate to know there was something more left in it at the lights. Open comp did really well the last time they ran it which is similar.

Just my thoughts!
Art.

Art,

I like it, but how about tweaking it a bit to something similar to what Dusty said like an 8.50 index but make it with a 275 drag radial limit. I think that would be pretty interesting.

Art,

I like it, but how about tweaking it a bit to something similar to what Dusty said like an 8.50 index but make it with a 275 drag radial limit. I think that would be pretty interesting.
I agree, it would be interesting. The problem in my mind with most of these classes is that there just isn't car count. Even at 8.50 there are only a few Buick door slammers that can run that fast. Making them run drag radials or 10.5" tires would only limit the count more. I doubt there will be a class like this based on feedback I've gotten in other threads. Oh well, next year will be interesting car count wise in many classes I think.

Art.