750hp recipe

I'd plan on building 2 short blocks so you have one ready if you hurt the other to reduce downtime. Other than that $$$$$$. Safety equipment and updating everything else to live a long life at that level isn't cheap.

i understand, i will not be running uit at 750 all the time i just want it there so when i feel like going big i can most of the time i wil run it around 500-550

it was inherited from grandfather when i was one, ive always had big plans for it, it is stock but completely torn down, i just need like a build guide to go off of, any help you got fastbackracing would be awesome!

Call a pro builder, and buy 1..........

These cars are combination specific for optimum performance, a 750 hp combo needs a different block, rotating assembly turbo,cam, converter and heads than a 55o hp combo among other things. Yes you could detune it down 200 hp or more but it wont be anywhere as sharp crisp and fun to drive as if it were built for that power level to begin with. Now with that being said what kind of budget and time frame are you looking for to do this?

Turbo_WE4 said:
how hot so if i run a stand alone ecu and tune it differently?

The converter, cam, and turbo used have a lot to do with the fun factor. I have 550whp and 700+whp cars. The fun factor of the 550whp is much more. I don't have a roll bar or anything in it. Stock suspension. The car rides and handles like stock but runs well into the 10's. It ran the same combo for about 3 years till I pulled the engine to freshen it. Both cars have xfi.

These cars are combination specific for optimum performance, a 750 hp combo needs a different block, rotating assembly turbo,cam, converter and heads than a 55o hp combo among other things. Yes you could detune it down 200 hp or more but it wont be anywhere as sharp crisp and fun to drive as if it were built for that power level to begin with. Now with that being said what kind of budget and time frame are you looking for to do this?
i have around $10,000 to spend and the time frame is id like it done by summer, (i am an ase certified technician) just alittle fyi not that it matters but i just want you to know that i do work in the field i am still young tho so i am looking up to the ones that have done this before, as of right now i am looking at runing my stock block with a rjc block gridle, carrillo rods, and wiesco pistons. i have a tranny shop building my trans for me.

Ok now we know what were working with and with you being able to do some of your own work will help, lets get a plan together for this guy. Are you reusing the stock crank or going with forged aftermarket?

stock crank only bc the local machine shop built a 750 hp GN already and told me they used the stock one.
do you want continue talking on here or would you like to start a PM?

750 HP has already been advised to go aftermarket/stage block direction and I agree for it living the longest.

IMO $10k wont be enough to get the power plant done, long less the rest.

Example...a fully Built 109 with just main caps and forged recip assm is around $6k...... Thats no oilpan, no front cover, no balancer, no heads, no cam/timing set/lifters/springs, ETc Etc, NO Injectors, NO fuel pump, etc etc

Then theres another $950 for convertor, then another $900-1000 for a turbo, 2-3 k for trans build right, its just snowballs from there.

Your goal its recommended to have Stage or TA alum block and now your nearly double the price for all the goodies with that.

my question to you is how can it be 30% more ethonol when E85 is 85% making your "E115" 110% ethonol, not even possible. the most it can be is 100%
Hahaha.. just ask JDPolzin he's been looking for the stuff forever but only I know where to get it!;)

You can pm me and I will get back with you later tonight I have to go out in the shop for a while. there will be a lot of opinions on here for this and it will take a while for you to digest all of them< lots of good input here.

The 109 route = $15,000 motor/heads/turbo/intercooler,$3500 trans/convertor,$2000 rear end,$2000 ECU...

or you can just do it all with stock block/parts/some ones chip at over 30psi boost...LOL

Good Luck!

If you got a basket case and $10k, I'ld sell off the basket case and buy a running TB with the 10 plus whatever you got. You'll have the car running and ready for the summer if you get cracking now. How experienced are you at mechanics and fast cars? Have you ever ridden in a 12 second car? How about an 11? You may be happy with a less modified car and learn how to make it faster without blowing it up in a week.