750hp recipe

If you actually tried it .. you wouldn't be calling it propaganda .. but hey that's why some go fast and some just cry.

There's a local guy here who actually helps me out with some stuff, and he was running a destroked S2 setup in his GN around 2006 and running 8.20's with it in a 3600lb car.

If you have the head flow, destroking is a great option to spin the motor upwards of 8-9k.

Look at Donnie Wang's S1 motor for example. I think he had a 215ci motor that ran 8s.

Weren't the indy engines destroked?

;)

Some were.

I know this because I am in the processes of ordering 6 of the leftover billet crankshaft cores from SCAT that Buick originally purchased back in the 80's for the Indy motors. I spoke to the owner of SCAT about this and they would have requests for all different types of strokes on these cranks.

Although it will be pretty cool to say that I am running a leftover Indy crankshaft core in my engine :D

There's a local guy here who actually helps me out with some stuff, and he was running a destroked S2 setup in his GN around 2006 and running 8.20's with it in a 3600lb car.

If you have the head flow, destroking is a great option to spin the motor upwards of 8-9k.

Look at Donnie Wang's S1 motor for example. I think he had a 215ci motor that ran 8s.
Yup.ya know I have been around a few 7.5s and better turbo buicks with stage motors and none of them go fast at lower rpm and low boost

Weren't the indy engines destroked?

I took a tour of the Indianapolis 500 Motor Speedway Museum in 1988.
On display were some engines, the ones I remember were a Chevy Ilmore V8 with 750hp @ 9000 revs and a 3.4L (de-stroked from 3.8L) Buick V6 with 820hp @ 10,500 revs.
It was a really cool thing to see.

There was a ton of Indy stuff out there that no one wanted......I bought a few pieces dirt cheep. Also have a 2.66 BMS crank ........how about that destroke.

I noticed as a street car, a higher compression stroker moves more air at lower rpm and the same turbo spools a hair quicker around town with the same cam, same converter, same exhaust, same chip etc.