750hp recipe

The only thing wrong with 600HP is that you get used to it. Then you need 650. Then you get used to that. Then you need 700.... ..... ......
Well said.

But no way possible to have a 750hp on a 15k budget. I have been aiming at this goal for a while and only getting 610hp to wheels. Going to put new turbo on next week to push it further.

Well said.

But no way possible to have a 750hp on a 15k budget.
Doesn't anyone do their own motors and transmissions? There's no way I would be a car guy and have someone else do all the work. I couldn't stand the expense. I would also argue that you're not a car guy if someone else does all the work. My grand mother had purchased many cars over her lifetime that were maintained by someone else and no one ever called her a car guy.

My combo is CAPABLE of 750rwhp but i rather not push it, 109 block will not handle that kind of power, you need to go with stage if you want it to be reliable, I made 615 rwhp on 22psi and only 19* of timing on pump and alky, with C-16 another 8psi and 3* more of timing i should hit 750 but why even try just to break it and then be bummed out about it, keep it around 600 which is more than enough to get you in trouble on the streets and very respectable , it will last for a long time as long as you keep detonation down and be reliable as well.. just my 02's

Doesn't anyone do their own motors and transmissions? There's no way I would be a car guy and have someone else do all the work. I couldn't stand the expense. I would also argue that you're not a car guy if someone else does all the work. My grand mother had purchased many cars over her lifetime that were maintained by someone else and no one ever called her a car guy.[/quo

I hope no one called your grandma a guy. Those are fighting words :mad:
A car guy does not mean you know how to work on them. Any new cars are bought by non mechanical people also. But they love cars.

If everyone did there own work there wouldnt be businesses. I know i can work at my job and pay someone to do my motors and stuff and walk away ahead with more money. I guess thats smarter than taking my free time away from my kids.

Doesn't anyone do their own motors and transmissions? There's no way I would be a car guy and have someone else do all the work. I couldn't stand the expense. I would also argue that you're not a car guy if someone else does all the work. My grand mother had purchased many cars over her lifetime that were maintained by someone else and no one ever called her a car guy.

I feel your logic is flawed on a very basic level.

Think your Grand Mother, in all those years with Gramps, ever "faked it"?

Yeah, I'll bet nobody ever called yer sweet ol' Gramma an actress, either......but it doesn't mean she wasn't skilled at the trade.... ;)

The fact remains, I didn't build this car because I didn't have enough experience with these cars. I've built enough SBC's, BBC's & Fords to count and helped with more projects than you could know.

I'm fortunate in that I now make enough money to want to do it right the first time and, while I worked my way up to that plateau, I got old and wise enough realize that a great car didn't have to consume all of my time and effort. Nobody handed this stuff to me.

I have a family, job, freinds and too many other things that I need to concentrate and focus my attention on. That's just how it is in my life.

It doesn't make me any less of a car guy, I just manage my time differently, that's all.:D

It doesn't make me any less of a car guy, I just manage my time differently, that's all.:D
Many say that you can't make 750 hp with $15,000. That statement automatically assumes that to do this,a person would have to pay someone to do it. The thought of doing the work themselves doesn't even enter their mind. Nor does the thought that someone else would do it themselves. I simply pointed out that such a blanket statement is wrong. You can't make 750 if you pay someone to do it. You can do it for a lot less than that if you do it yourself.
I also work a full time job and have friends and family.

Many say that you can't make 750 hp with $15,000. That statement automatically assumes that to do this,a person would have to pay someone to do it. The thought of doing the work themselves doesn't even enter their mind. Nor does the thought that someone else would do it themselves. I simply pointed out that such a blanket statement is wrong. You can't make 750 if you pay someone to do it. You can do it for a lot less than that if you do it yourself.
I also work a full time job and have friends and family.

"The thought of doing the work themselves doesn't even enter their mind."

Yup, exactly, because as I said, this particular car isn't my forte'.

So when you and your freinds put together a reliable, 750 HP, completely repeteable 109 engine for 15K, please, come on here and show us all how to do it for free, with no regard for the R and D, broken parts, sweat, agony, brain damage, TIME and broken knuckles you endured to get it there. (You know, that stuff I paid my builder to learn FOR me..)

It's cool, I can wait.................:cool:

We've jacked this poor guys thread enough, let's just agree to disagree, OK, car guy?

I feel your logic is flawed on a very basic level.

Think your Grand Mother, in all those years with Gramps, ever "faked it"?

Yeah, I'll bet nobody ever called yer sweet ol' Gramma an actress, either......but it doesn't mean she wasn't skilled at the trade.
I don't think you understood what I said.I gave an example of my grandmother not doing something and never having anyone give her credit for doing something. I gave this example because I see so many car guys do nothing and take credit for doing something,either by calling themselves a car guy or saying thank you to compliments about the car when they didn't do the work. They don't deserve the credit and get it. Gramma doesn't deserve the credit and doesn't get it.

You gave an example of my grandmother doing something very well and never getting credit for it.
If someone were to compliment her on her acting skills,she would be able to say thank you because it was she who did the acting.
If someone complements you on how quickly your car accelerates,it would be wrong for you to say thank you because you're not the person who causes your car to accelerate as fast as it does. The proper thing to do would be to commend the person who did the work.
If someone complimented you on the beauty of your signature on the checks that payed for the work,it would be proper for you to say thank you because it was you who did the writing.

I never said my Gramma was sweet.

I don't think you understood what I said.I gave an example of my grandmother not doing something and never having anyone give her credit for doing something. I gave this example because I see so many car guys do nothing and take credit for doing something,either by calling themselves a car guy or saying thank you to compliments about the car when they didn't do the work. They don't deserve the credit and get it. Gramma doesn't deserve the credit and doesn't get it.

You gave an example of my grandmother doing something very well and never getting credit for it.
If someone were to compliment her on her acting skills,she would be able to say thank you because it was she who did the acting.
If someone complements you on how quickly your car accelerates,it would be wrong for you to say thank you because you're not the person who causes your car to accelerate as fast as it does. The proper thing to do would be to commend the person who did the work.
If someone complimented you on the beauty of your signature on the checks that payed for the work,it would be proper for you to say thank you because it was you who did the writing.

I never said my Gramma was sweet.

"If someone complements you on how quickly your car accelerates,it would be wrong for you to say thank you because you're not the person who causes your car to accelerate as fast as it does. The proper thing to do would be to commend the person who did the work."

All points valid, I would agree.

However, I will say this. I didn't misunderstand you in any way, shape or form. I clearly understood what you said, and that was , in essence, " If someone who considers/calls himself a 'car guy' but he didn't do the work on the car that he owns, right here, right now himself, he's just not a real car guy".

As said before, I've paid my dues with cars, physically, mentally and monetarily.

I ask you to point out a single time, anywhere, including this post where I have not given credit to those who have made my vision possible. I also defy you to site a single instance wherein I have taken credit for doing anything other than having that vision and the where-with-all to get it built. Well, that and changing the oil myself.:oops:

Perhaps you should try to look at your "classification" of others from a broader perspective..... I'm just sayin'

Oh, and I'm sorry about your Gramma....:p

So when you and your freinds put together a reliable, 750 HP, completely repeteable 109 engine for 15K,

We've jacked this poor guys thread enough, let's just agree to disagree, OK, car guy?
$9,000,I did all the work. I freshend up the motor with lighter pistons and a girdle 5 years ago. Put a roller in and a 6776 a year later. Switched to E85 last year. I do run 28 lbs of boost to make big power,but I don't do this all the time. It revs like crazy,pulls like crazy,and refuses to do anything but. By anything ,I mean break. There's nothing special about this motor. The learning curve was that I put it together and it stays together.

As far as highjacking this thread is concerned,the OP is looking for advise and,without understanding what his goal is,many are telling him not to do it and it can't be done. I advised him that the stock crank and rods are pretty good pieces for his goal. It sure has been good to me and others. I'll add Girdle it, get some J&E pistons,a 45a turbo,a 212/212 roller,120 lb/hr injectors,a modded ECM,a Translator GenII,anLS1 3.5" MAF,an Extender Extreme chip,Red's Doublepumper,and E85.

"If someone complements you on how quickly your car accelerates,it would be wrong for you to say thank you because you're not the person who causes your car to accelerate as fast as it does. The proper thing to do would be to commend the person who did the work."

All points valid, I would agree.

However, I will say this. I didn't misunderstand you in any way, shape or form. I clearly understood what you said, and that was , in essence, " If someone who considers/calls himself a 'car guy' but he didn't do the work on the car that he owns, right here, right now himself, he's just not a real car guy".

As said before, I've paid my dues with cars, physically, mentally and monetarily.

I ask you to point out a single time, anywhere, including this post where I have not given credit to those who have made my vision possible. I also defy you to site a single instance wherein I have taken credit for doing anything other than having that vision and the where-with-all to get it built. Well, that and changing the oil myself.:oops:

Perhaps you should try to look at your "classification" of others from a broader perspective..... I'm just sayin'

Oh, and I'm sorry about your Gramma....:p
The car guy thing is just my opinion.

$9,000,I did all the work. I freshend up the motor with lighter pistons and a girdle 5 years ago. Put a roller in and a 6776 a year later. Switched to E85 last year. I do run 28 lbs of boost to make big power,but I don't do this all the time. It revs like crazy,pulls like crazy,and refuses to do anything but. By anything ,I mean break. There's nothing special about this motor. The learning curve was that I put it together and it stays together.

As far as highjacking this thread is concerned,the OP is looking for advise and,without understanding what his goal is,many are telling him not to do it and it can't be done. I advised him that the stock crank and rods are pretty good pieces for his goal. It sure has been good to me and others. I'll add Girdle it, get some J&E pistons,a 45a turbo,a 212/212 roller,120 lb/hr injectors,a modded ECM,a Translator GenII,anLS1 3.5" MAF,an Extender Extreme chip,Red's Doublepumper,and E85.

Well there you have it.

The physical and monetary parts never bothered me,however there might have been a time or two when I laid under my car sucking my thumb in the fetal position.

UNDERSTOOD!!!!! Where's my Fleecy..........:( :D