750hp recipe

Turbo_WE4

looking to build a 750hp GN but need some guidance on parts to use and parts to stay away from. all advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks Scott.

Do your homework ..by that I mean read literature, read through the archives searching various topics. Whats your ET goal and weight of your car? Id start there vs HP goal IMO your gonna need lots o $$$$

WELCOME PILGRIM!!!
Are you considering building a 109, T/A or stage motor? The stage and T/A's are a bit more expensive but probably would be more reliable over time. Plus they are available in the 4.1 size. The 109 block needs a girdle and all forged internals. I have j/e pistons w/oliver rods, and forged stroker crank. T/A S/E race ported heads. roller rockers, roller cam,after market fuel management, ATR headers, champion 70mm intake manifold, 84#inj.,$$$,etc, etc,!?

what do you think about chip tuning or do you run a stand alone ecu?

You'll get pro's and con's on both sides from all over the spectrum on this issue.

It's the tuners choice here.

looking to build a 750hp GN but need some guidance on parts to use and parts to stay away from............

Probably want to stay away from a production block at 750 HP?

A forged rotating assembly is necessary, but the block is weak in the main web area, and will still crack even with a girdle and/or steel main caps. :eek:

Remember, you are taking the block to a power level 3 times more than its original output. :)

ok thank you for all the imput! i think that i am still going to use the stock block, is there other ways to reinforce the lower end in the webbing? i just want to make sure i do it right the first time bc i dont want to spend all this money and then have to did it all over again.

and what do you think about building the crap out of the stock trans? i have a trans shop that said they have built one for like 1000hp and ran it for a long time without a problem.

Go with a 400 Transmission. Unless you want to have the 200 freshened up from time to time. I would not use a chip either. Go FAST XFI. I wouldn't depend on the stock ecu for that kind of power.

ok thank you for all the imput! i think that i am still going to use the stock block, is there other ways to reinforce the lower end in the webbing? i just want to make sure i do it right the first time bc i dont want to spend all this money and then have to did it all over again.

750 HP is a ton of HP for almost ANY engine, no less a 109 block. If you build a 750 HP 109 and you use it to it's potential a lot, it's gonna break.:oops:

the thing is i am not going to beat the shit out of it every day, the car has to much meaning to make it all out drag car, i just want big power and use it when i need it ;) so i really just need some ideas on parts like what you have used!

the thing is i am not going to beat the shit out of it every day, the car has to much meaning to make it all out drag car, i just want big power and use it when i need it ;) so i really just need some ideas on parts like what you have used!

Listen to Nick Micale.

Lonnie Diers (extremeautomatics)offers a 1k hp 200-4r, stage III trans. I would also recommend "c"clip eliminators for the rear axles.

What is The cars current modification level and performance now? If You are stock or close to it now there is a lot of room in the middle for you tho have fun with, the 750 hp level is doable but you will realistically need 15-20k to get there. Let us know more about the car now and we can help with a good game plan where dont waste a bunch of $$$$.

Probably want to stay away from a production block at 750 HP?

A forged rotating assembly is necessary, but the block is weak in the main web area, and will still crack even with a girdle and/or steel main caps. :eek:

Remember, you are taking the block to a power level 3 times more than its original output. :)

A sage old Buick guy, Jim Ruggles, advised me on what to expect when leaning on the 109 block. His words: Once you pass 600FW, you can expect the webbing to be the first to let go. He went on to say, girdles are Ok for girls.. won't do much for the block, except delay the cracking.

Going to use a 109 block, then in his next post says: "i just want to make sure i do it right the first time bc i dont want to spend all this money and then have to did it all over again."...........o_O Welcome to the school of hard knocks!:D

Plan a budget for the engine the double it.:eek:

it was inherited from grandfather when i was one, ive always had big plans for it, it is stock but completely torn down, i just need like a build guide to go off of, any help you got fastbackracing would be awesome!