2013 West Coast Nationals Phoenix Arizona

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
It's that time again guys and gals. This year we are looking at doing a Friday/Saturday event. Nov 23rd &24th

Nov 23rd we are thinking about doing a dyno day as well as a street tune day with CAL HARTLINE

Nov 24th will be our normal event at Speed World in Suprise Az.

If you guys want or are interested in having CAL come out please email me @ Boost231@hotmail.com ASAP so i can get him out to AZ.

So what do you think, whos down?

Brent

What's the turnout like usually? Sounds like it may be a good excuse to go visit the family in AZ. :)

Peter

I'm in for sat drags.
should be fun!
I have Scott Wile do my dyno/ ecm tuning, as hes as good as anyone.

I'm in for sat drags.
should be fun!
I have Scott Wile do my dyno/ ecm tuning, as hes as good as anyone.
...best joke I've heard in awhile! I think Cal has me covered by a bunch, but I'm willing to help with whatever is needed :)

wasnt sure if i was going to make it. Looks like i will be. I hope i can get the small bugs taken care of when cal is out there so we can have some fun :)

I wanna be there but I gotta get a bar put in the car to run.

Big decision.

I know it's for the safety of all involved, but it will change EVERYTHING about my car.

Thinking...................

Wait. Do you mean 2012 nationals? I'm hoping to make it out Saturday. Not sure if my car will be back together though.

The weather forecast for this event next weekend is temps in the 80's and NO rain in sight!

For the dyno testing, the same conditions will prevail, and many cars are scheduled. Visitors are welcome to attend as Cal Hartline, and a couple other knowledgeable guys will be available for tuning.

Saturday at Speedworld we will have a "Buick area" roped off so we can be together in a group.

The track will also provide us 2 dedicated lanes for time runs, or whatever event we choose to run.

All are welcome to just "hang out", view the cars, make a run down the track, or call out anyone.

Cal will also be there tuning a few cars, and can help others if needed.

This is always a great time for anyone into Buicks, see you there!

Big decision.

I know it's for the safety of all involved, but it will change EVERYTHING about my car.

Guy along with a roll bar you will need all the rest of the safety equipment to be legal. Once you do that you no longer have a street car it's now whats called a race car worth nothing & no resale value. If you want a race car buy one like Reggie West has for sale that's already done before destroying that show car that you have now.

Hey, have some TB.Com South Western Section class, dignity & pride:
Do not bar a street car or we will disown you.
Lie about how fast you will go, run your best once, & get thrown out.
Just no other "class act" way to do it.
No disgrace in that, Lee.

Do not bar a street car or we will disown you.
Lie about how fast you will go, run your best once, & get thrown out.

I decided against the bar a while back. I'll just have to de-tune and keep her in the 11's.:p As for the quote above, Gary,.........

"They're on to me....... ;)"

Or, just turn the boost down. I'm in the same boat. My car has already run 11.60's with no traction and low boost. With the new chip, new alky system, DR's, and baseline suspension parts I'll probably be good for 122-123mph and low 11's. I was going to cage my car, but I mocked it up and realized that I won't be able to throw in the car seat and take the family for cruises. Too bad NHRA does not allow a removable crossbar or I would have pulled the trigger. I'm just gonna drop the boost and run high 11's. The GN won't make it out this year. I still have too much to do in order to get it together and not enough time / talent. :(

I decided against the bar a while back. I'll just have to de-tune and keep her in the 11's.:p As for the quote above, Gary,.........

"They're on to me....... ;)"
I feel that Guys car is kind of unique & one of my favorites. With all the modded & cut up Buicks out there why wreck another. There are rumors that in the Phoenix area two of the local tracks are shutting down anyways. The other issue is I have some experience with what it take to campaign a race car & it is a big commitment to do it right. I have observed Guys program & feel that he should not be going faster than the 11's till he gains more experience & the instinct it takes to safely play this game. I can't remember any of us older guys starting out in a 9 or 10 second car at first. At least none of us that are still alive. :)

I feel that Guys car is kind of unique & one of my favorites. There are rumors that in the Phoenix area two of the local tracks are shutting down anyways.

At this point only one track (Firebird) has officially announced a possible shutdown due to property lease issues and in the same article it is mentioned that another site has already been located to move it to.

Maricopa County keeps messing with Speedworld but it looks like that facility will continue to operate.

Lou's right about my "program", or lack there of..........

Once you do that you no longer have a street car it's now whats called a race car worth nothing & no resale value. If you want a race car buy one like Reggie West has for sale that's already done before destroying that show car that you have now.

If it's worth nothing and has no resale value, I might be interested. Sounds like my price range :)

TurboTGuy said:

Big decision.

I'm in the same position, the car is certainly fast enough, but, I can't bring myself to cut it up. Since I got into TR's the goal was a 9 second STREET CAR that could be driven anywhere...