2010 TWIN turbo V6 Taurus Sho

Anti Tamper software(ie, Can't Tune).....FORGET IT!!!

and:

Can you blame them?...:confused:

Claude.
Manufacturers put these anti-tamper devices to protect themselves from exactly that, the "tuners". :rolleyes: With all the abuse they were dealing with in the past, it's understandable that they want to protect their as**s, and not having to fix a car that has been "tuned" while still under warranty. You wanna "tune" and "play with it", it's your car and it's your right to do so, but don't expect the manufacturer to pay for things that have gone wrong because of your "mods", that's it! :tongue:
About the new '10 Taurus, I think it's a beautiful car...:wink:

Claude.

You wanna "tune" and "play with it", it's your car and it's your right to do so, but don't expect the manufacturer to pay for things that have gone wrong because of your "mods", that's it! :tongue:
About the new '10 Taurus, I think it's a beautiful car...:wink:

Claude.

True! I Mod it and, no matter how well done, if I break it, I gotta Pay...
Anyhow...I can't seem to find any info on whether or not it's Intercooled??
Anybody know??:confused:

It does have an air to air intercooler:

Since the gas is spent, we're going to hop onto the intake air side now. That air gets compressed by the two turbos we just met, and then joins in a common tube. That tube has an electronic boost controller which dumps excess pressure electronically, instead of the "Fast and Furious" approved vacuum-driven blow-off valve. The air then makes it's way into an air-to-air intercooler, and the cooled air heads off to an all-new intake manifold, optimized for compact packaging and easy assembly. An interesting feature is the integration of the coolant pipe which runs under the whole length of the intake; it attaches at the rear to the coolant line in the valley and locates the thermostat and outlet for the heater core out of the way. Anyway, that air gets directed straight into the cylinders by valves enhanced with Inconel alloy for greater strength.

Source:

Going In-Depth With Ford's Twin-Turbocharged V6 EcoBoost Engine - ecoboost - Jalopnik

John,

Thanks, yea, Originally a Year ago when it was first announced, I "Thought" I heard mention of an Intercooler, but in looking at All the Displays at the auto show, on the engine stand, it had the pipes going Directly into the Manifold, so I asked the "Ford" Employee there from Detroit. And he says "Yea, it doesn't need one cause of the 'Direct Injection'". He really seemed sort of clueless, so I looked Under the hood, and under the Actual car, and didn't see Anything!! Couldn't find ANYTHING in all the dam google seaches...that article 'mentions' one, but still no pics...just Strange....

Someone put one in the mid to upper 12's on just a CAI and tune.

Not too shabby.

Neat car....found out this morning they ain't SVO proof. Kept up to my driver door for a bit then fell off. He bit on one of those huge Texas double lane on-ramps to 635. Surprised the hell out of me. I thought he would have killed me. He should have.