2010 TWIN turbo V6 Taurus Sho

I want to like it but I just find it, ugly. I love the Lincoln though
Mike

Ooooo, the Lincoln is much better on the eyes. Now only if they would make a boned out 2 door. :cool: We could have something here. That would really be grandpa's race car. ;)

In 1987, a stock GN was hard pressed to get into the 14's, regardless of what the "magazines" stated. :eek:

The stock Eagle GT tires were hard as rocks and would spin even in second gear.

A decent tire would get it in the 14's, and we all know what happens from there! :D

At least the only USA, corporate-owned car company is giving us some hope, instead of change, for the future. ;)

Hopefully the government/union owned GM and Fiat/Chrysler can continue with the performance lines too? :confused:

Very doubtful Nick, I am sad to say, my sources have most programs dead or dying. Hopefully they will be wrong. But I am pretty sure that Mariannes next car will be the MKS . Edmonds has the SHO weight as 3740 for the one they tested (they weighed it) the MKS is about 500 lb more, so I guess it needs more boost
Mike

Does it have some kind of traction control? Maybe that's how they got 14.7' :).

They weigh 4400 lbs or so.

Are you sure?

4400lbs. is a heavy car.

I know its all wheel drive but my 95 Cadillac Fleetwood barely weighs that with LT-1 and rear wheel drive.

One of these days I'm going to put a buick turbo set up in my Jeep Cherokee 3000lbs and all wheel drive.

Mikey

Are you sure?

4400lbs. is a heavy car.

I know its all wheel drive but my 95 Cadillac Fleetwood barely weighs that with LT-1 and rear wheel drive.

One of these days I'm going to put a buick turbo set up in my Jeep Cherokee 3000lbs and all wheel drive.

Mikey

Actually, as delivered, they are closer to 3750#

Does the tune void the warranty? I was on the TB SS forum and they say the dealer can tell if you have tampered with the ECM even if you flash it back to stock. Some are saying GM wants a snapshot of the EMC flash info due to the recent increase in warranty claims on the diesels being hurt due to aggressive tunes. I like the car but wouldnt want to see the cost to repair one due to a trans or engine problem. It seems we are getting the HP and performance of the cars we want, but at the risk of losing warranty coverage.

I hear stories of how in the muscle car era they would put the 4.10 gear in the car but you were not covered if something happend as a result. I think repairing that big block or small block was easier and cheaper than what we have now.

I wonder if it is equipted with the same type of black box the Nissan GTR is fitted with? This little gem is a tattle tale to the dealer who plugs into it and can see exactly what revs and boost the engine has seen.................in other words if anything is modified the warrenty could be voided or if they see you abused the engine in any way and they could deny repairs.
Mike

I wonder if it is equipted with the same type of black box the Nissan GTR is fitted with? This little gem is a tattle tale to the dealer who plugs into it and can see exactly what revs and boost the engine has seen.................in other words if anything is modified the warrenty could be voided or if they see you abused the engine in any way and they could deny repairs.
Mike

Can you blame them?...:confused:

Claude.

like a lot of late model computer controlled cars w/ a turbo, a chip could make it real fast. My old VW went from 15.9 OEM to 14.1 w/ just a chip....and it was only rated at 180 hp from the factory. This car could become something fast I guarantee you.

We all know the tricks with turbo cars, it applies to all turbo cars buicks, evo, fords etc. Intercoolers, more boost, bigger turbos, headers, exhaust and on and on equal big power with a state of the art new car.

In 1987, a stock GN was hard pressed to get into the 14's, regardless of what the "magazines" stated. :eek:

The stock Eagle GT tires were hard as rocks and would spin even in second gear.

A decent tire would get it in the 14's, and we all know what happens from there! :D

At least the only USA, corporate-owned car company is giving us some hope, instead of change, for the future. ;)

Hopefully the government/union owned GM and Fiat/Chrysler can continue with the performance lines too? :confused:

I'd beg to differ about what GNs ran bone stock. I've personally seen a bone stock TR, on stock tires, run 13.9s on a cold night and the same car run 15.3s on a 95* day.

Also, back in 89 I got to see 3 brand spanking new Turbo TAs, unloaded off the dealer's car trailer, rip 13.2s - 13.4s at a GN Showdown at E-Town.