2008 Midwest Buick Challenge

hey all.. i am going to the drag strip on the 8th of aug. but if anyone is willing to go out there and give me some tips i'll be there around 4 il bout 7 or so....some guys think a stock TA can beat me all day long we'll see about that thanks again!

After an embarrassing outing for me at the BPG I need a little redemtion at a buick race!!! Is this a 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile race? Is there any class that my dragster would fit into and be welcome??? I need to check out the motor and do a lot of testing!!!! Mike:cool:

After an embarrassing outing for me at the BPG I need a little redemtion at a buick race!!! Is this a 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile race? Is there any class that my dragster would fit into and be welcome??? I need to check out the motor and do a lot of testing!!!! Mike:cool:

It's a 1/4 mile track. Not sure on the class thing though.

From my experiences last year, this track hooks 1000 times better than Columbus. My car was in the high 1.3's at this race last year, this and last year at cbus I was in the mid 1.5's:eek:

Wow!!! Well I didnt have enought power to turn the tires so I couldnt argue with you on that. How much shut down does the track have??? Next time were at the same track please look us up. Wife and I would like to meet you!!! Mike

Wow!!! Well I didnt have enought power to turn the tires so I couldnt argue with you on that. How much shut down does the track have??? Next time were at the same track please look us up. Wife and I would like to meet you!!! Mike

Will do! Hopefully I will have sometime at this race to walk around. The last few I have been too busy working on my car lol.

I know the shutdown area is longer than Kil Kare's. I had no problems slowing down...but I'm only doing 138 mph:smile:

I'm glad to hear your comming Mike. And Kevin is it all good now with the cam sensor. And thanks for the use of the msd pills mike.

Steve

You'll have to stop by and pick up the sponcer $$ from me.... the time's getting close.
Or I can give it to you there. Either way is fine.
~Scott

I have a question reguarding RV parking. For those that tow with a RV will we be able to park and stay at the track with our cars like we do at the other races? I sure hope so!

Thanks,
Dave Fiscus

Regarding vendors, I do know for sure that HRPartsnStuff and AMP will be there. Gators Tee-shirts, too. And of course, our club shirts. :biggrin: I've not been informed of any other ones coming - we'll have to see.

And regarding camping - we were told by Tim (the owner) that some camping will be allowed. I do know that the bathrooms were remodeled over the winter. Sam - do you guys know if there are showers in them? I know some folks on the V8 board are asking and I have no clue.

Hope this helps!

Take care,

Shari

Anyone need one room at the Red Roof? I know of one cancellation, and it will be held until Monday. Please let me know by then.

Thanks!

Sam - do you guys know if there are showers in them? I know some folks on the V8 board are asking and I have no clue.

Shari

Shari,
The new bathrooms are not completed. I hope this does not stop any one from attending this event. The track manger is working as hard as he can on getting things done. The new building is up.

The OC personal do an exceptional Job in my opinion. This track is slowly developing into a great place to come. They have puchased several new toys to help them maintain a great racing surface. Last year Pat and I saw some cars lay down 1.0 60 foot times the weekend after the Midwest Buick challenge.

I told tim I would rather race on a track that hooks than have new bathrooms. He is pretty bummed that the bathrooms have fallen behind.

Sam

i blew my head gaskets =( this stinks but it will be there if possible i am trying to get it all underway looks like this winter i am going to have to get a front mount intercooler i think it was from running to much hot boost

As long as they are not port a potty's.

Steve

I agree with you on this.

i blew my head gaskets =( this stinks but it will be there if possible i am trying to get it all underway looks like this winter i am going to have to get a front mount intercooler i think it was from running to much hot boost

Start bending wrenches you got all weekend. Come to the event and meet everyone with or with out your car.

Anyone know if there will be a photographer there taking pictures at the line? I sure would like a nice 3/4 front launch shot of my car.:D Thanks

Steve