2008 Midwest Buick Challenge

Just got back...thanks to everyone for putting the event on! VERY nice job setting things up and the cars/people were great. Needed to be a bit cooler though....that was not too pleasant to be out in that weather....X__X I still feel like an idiot for racing in the TSM class....its Tims fault - he conned me into it... :tongue: Great seeing everyone out there in person! ^.^ -Ben

Don't feel like an Idiot. We are all there just to have fun. I glad you raced this class hope you liked the expierence. You'll be addicted to the pro tree soon now.:eek:

reaction times

Ben, please post up your reaction times on the pro-tree so we can all enjoy with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tim--the tim that conned you into running T.S.M.;)

Don't worry Ben, I feel your pain on the Tim/con thing.;) I got "volunteered" into letting a guy come to my shop and use my welder to fix his crossover. He was supposed to be there Sunday at 8 am. Guess what?, no show, no effin phone call either :mad: Don't worry Tim, I'm not mad at you, just venting. I really have a problem with inconsiderate people, and it was the first Sunday in months that I didn't need to go into work, would have been nice to sleep in :rolleyes:

By the way, I forgot to give you the car adapter for the laptop. Let me know if you want me to bring it over to you this week.

Midwest Buick Challenge

Congrats Steve on the TSM win.

I ran TSM also.
I love the pro tree!
It just takes some practice building boost before the launch.
I almost took out Scott Simpson with my wholeshot.
I can't wait until next year.
TSM all year long!!!

Paul, what happened to Tim???
He is usually on time and never tardy.
Maybe something important came up?
I thought Tim and Shane would be at the track on Sunday???
They missed some great racing!
Not sure what happened???

I had a blast all weekend!!!
Too bad we couldn't have raced on Friday night too!
You can never tell with Mother Nature!
The root beer stand worked out pretty well!
The weather was a little warm but it was better than rain!
I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
I can't wait until next year!

New Best Time of 10.43 @ 126 mph

Not too bad for weighing in at 3720 lbs!
I am now the new Heavy Weight TSM car!

Jason
AffordableGN

I think everyone had a good time on Saturday.

It was fun watching Tim and BW Jones run with in a tenth of each other all

day. That's fun!

Thanks to all who put in the extra effort to put it all together and the dinner

at Between the Buns.... Great time!

~Scott

Was a lot of fun. The guy with the crossover went home and I don't think he meant to not call, he may not have had the number. Anyways thanks to everyone who put this together, was a lot of fun and met some new folks in the Buick Community on Sunday. Always a great time hanging out with our Buick Friends even when things aren't going quite as planned.

Jason, It wasn't Tim. It was another guy from out of town, Tim "volunteered" me to help the guy.

Turbo6x2, I gave the guy my business card with my shop number on it and then I also wrote down my cell phone number on a piece of paper. How hard is it to make a phone call? :confused:

Still, I had a good time and was glad to see all the Buicks out there. Great event, it provided me with a lot of motivation to get my car done.

Thanks Jason. I had fun . Thanks Mr and Mrs. Loyd for putting on the race every year. I hadn't even gotten out out of the car yet and they were handing me money. Thanks to everyone involved with the race.

Hey, Scott. Since I never did what I said I would and mail you the key fob for that Typhoon (that used to by mine!), I'll try to remember to dig it out and bring it with me......

Thank you for getting that to me... I'll be sure to try it when I get it back running again this fall !
~Scott

Congrats on your win Steve, you car is a work of art and man that thing just hooks. :eek:

Thanks Mr. Loyd you guys did a great job again as usual. Thanks for hunting me down to pay me. We will be back again next year for sure.

Ok, I'll humor you Tim...

this is what was seen with me VS Jason White:

Me Jason

.4449 RT .2569
2.1612 60' 1.4961
::SKIPPING AHEAD::
13.37@102 11.49@86.50

yeah...my lil TA-49 gave its all that day, but it just wasnt enuff...theres always next year.... :tongue:

this is what was seen with me VS Jason White:

Me Jason

.4449 RT .2569
2.1612 60' 1.4961
::SKIPPING AHEAD::
13.37@102 11.49@86.50

yeah...my lil TA-49 gave its all that day, but it just wasnt enuff...theres always next year....

Ahhhh.... You do realize he lifted about 1/8mi or before to run that time and MPH...

TSM is one hell of a competitive class and there's much more that go's on behind the scene's to make the cars run mid to low 9's consistantly.

attn BEN

Ben, You Started Out This Year @ 22.00 In The Quarter, You Reached High 12's In Three Months Of Tuning, You Have All Winter, By Next August Midwest Challenge If You Keep Tuning At That Pace No One Will Keep Up!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Up The Good Work! And Thanx For Taking One For The Team!!!!!

Tim

more than...

That was more than the team, Tim....that was public humiliation and ridicule....but I loved every second of it so no harm/no foul. At this rate, I'll be where I want by next year and 3 years further into debt.... :tongue: I tried to forget that day I ran a 22-something....>.>

That was more than the team, Tim....that was public humiliation and ridicule....but I loved every second of it so no harm/no foul. At this rate, I'll be where I want by next year and 3 years further into debt.... :tongue: I tried to forget that day I ran a 22-something....>.>

Ben, Thanks for joining us in TSM.. If you want to beat that banana I have a few secrets to help you out. :wink:

Ben, Thanks for joining us in TSM.. If you want to beat that banana I have a few secrets to help you out. :wink:

I thought we were tight jason. Do you guys realize how gay beating the banana sounds:biggrin: But you are good at it you have beat the banana at least 6 times:wink: hahahaha