2008 Midwest Buick Challenge

Dates were just set - August 22-24, 2008.
Osceola, IN

We had to move it to avoid Notre Dame games.

More info to come later in 2008.

Happy Holidays!

Prize Money

I Think We (local Buick Guys) Raised $400.00 For Fastest Qualifier For The 2007 Event, Our Goal For The 2008 Event Is To At Least Double Last Years Prize $. ---tim

sweet

i know we had alot of cars there last year alot of locals but lets see if we can get more local and some of the guys from a distance and the big city and show them a good old country boy time.lol:D

chris

86' gn astro roof

This was one the best events I have been to in some time I would recommend going in 2008 Mr. & Mrs. Loyd put on a heck of a show
Mike

I agree good job on the event and great time had by all. It is tight on the schedule but th eTSO Top Gun Point Series will be returning.

This was one the best events I have been to in some time I would recommend going in 2008 Mr. & Mrs. Loyd put on a heck of a show
Mike

x2

I had a great time too. Not to mention that track hooks!:cool: I'll be returning to race in the TSM class next year.

Do you know if they will be allowing test and tune on either day. They didnt allow it after the bracket racing on sunday last time. thanks

Hi Rich

Hope to see you out for Chicagoland's racing series this year. You should get plenty of testing and tuning in that way. Joe Garcia is running it again this year, after doing a great job for us last year.

To answer your question. Sunday at the 2007 Midwest Challenge, testing and tuning calls were with the class you declared you were to run in. Event volunteers tried to reach out to every racer in the pits while the track was drying and explain the changes to the program. I think most racers got at least two runs in that way, and of course a third run at least in the first round. Sorry if a volunteer did not approach you in the pits, and make that clear. We really tried, and I think the participants appreciated the explanations, to know what to expect.

Since US 41 was not running, and the nearest track in Michigan were driving bracket racers out, Osceola had a lot of folks running beside us last year. You may also recall the morning started out with a wet track that had to be dried. I'm thinking the folks in the tower handled the event very well except not allowing testing and tuning while we were waiting for racers to show up for qualifying rounds on Saturday. That we will definitely work on.

Maybe with US 41 back up it will not be quite as crowded. The dynamics of other tracks and the weather always makes planning (and participating in) these events always exciting. If our plans from the program change we will again be trying to get the word out to each of the Buick racers.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks Loyd, i didnt get there until late sunday (got lost) but i wasnt sure if they will be allowing test and tune on saturday. I will be there again next year for sure and like you said with 41 back open it may not be so crowded. Thanks

Oh no, I have to change my vacation plans, What happened to September????????

Hi Roberta

Notre Dame has all home games scheduled in September 2008 except the third weekend. The track gave that weekend to a bigger event. Since I know Buick racers would rather not tolerate $300 hotel packages for the privilege for staying in the area over a Notre Dame weekend we were forced to move.

Am looking forward to seeing you at Buick Race Day if not the GS Nationals beforehand.

I thought, after last year's results that Notre Dame was discontinuing the football program there. :cool:

Hi Roberta

Notre Dame has all home games scheduled in September 2008 except the third weekend. The track gave that weekend to a bigger event. Since I know Buick racers would rather not tolerate $300 hotel packages for the privilege for staying in the area over a Notre Dame weekend we were forced to move.

Am looking forward to seeing you at Buick Race Day if not the GS Nationals beforehand.

Well, that's cool, I mean HOT IN AUGUST, I've added the August dates to my Vacation plans, and probably see you in BG, it's already on my calendar in V's!!!!!!!:cool:

I Think We (local Buick Guys) Raised $400.00 For Fastest Qualifier For The 2007 Event, Our Goal For The 2008 Event Is To At Least Double Last Years Prize $. ---tim

Good Idea Tim,

I can't wait for this event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Well said Mike, I thought they did a great job.

I know all my buddies went last year and said it was fun! I couldn't go cuzz my job:mad: But I will be there this year, since it is only like a half-hour from me!!!

i think

i think they did a good job last year and have faith they will do so this year. i do have a question. i was there last year and i dont recall seing any tta and i dont recall any hyb. there either. and i would like to see more of these?!? i dont know mabey just me. but hey we only have

31 weeks
217 days
5208 hours
312480 min.
18748800 sec.

that means Jack Cotton has time to make 2,106,606 passes at 8.90 sec.
lol