ZDDP Car Wrecked

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
Just got a call from Shane. Apparently the ZDDP sponsored car of Bob Stanley/Trampas Butcher has crashed. Im getting all my information second hand but I guess the radiator hose came off, Bob got into the water, car got squirrely and when he corrected it, it flipped on the roof and bounced off the guard rails a few times. Apparently it slid so far on the roof the asphalt wore through the roof and most of the main hoop.

Bob walked away from the crash but has some burns. Glad it was nothing worse and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Ive been in the same boat as them and it sucks.

I was at the track, but didn't see the wreck, just the aftermath. I heard the car hit a side rail and tumbled a few times. The car was pretty messed up, but what matters is Bob seems to be just fine.

I happened to be standing next to the track when the car started to lose control. The car was hooked up and running strong. He hit the concrete wall went into the other lane and came back and flipped, ended back on its wheels and went across the track again and just kept slamming the guardrail like the throttle might have hung. There was a pretty good fire going and then I see Bob pulling himself out of the car. What a relief to see Bob getting out of the car. Just sent bad chills up my spine seeing all that. The main thing is Bob is OK. Whew

glad to hear bob is ok, cars can be fixed. Bob, we wish you a speedy recovery and sorry for what happened

Wow, must of happened right after I left. I hung around as long as I could hoping to see the car make 1 pass but couldnt stick around any longer.

Glad to hear Bob is ok and sorry to hear the car is not....

My husband and I were at the track when it happened and we were SO relieved (as everyone else was) to see that Bob was ok. Glad you're ok, Bob!!

- Ann

I was at the track and caught the aftermath. I just went to get new batterys in my camera or I would have caught it. Here are the pics I took....

4446175645_af71d48463_b.jpg

4446956014_c01207d1ab_b.jpg

4446953426_01538576cb_b.jpg

4446177297_6f85c25f0e_b.jpg

4446174725_28870abf5e_b.jpg

4446181491_00b02eba8a_b.jpg

4446958534_4a77887b68_b.jpg

4446958048_17a159bea1_b.jpg

4446957364_7e159c1288_b.jpg

Got a call from Trampess right after it happened. I don't think they are for sure about what caused it although that radiator hose does look suspect. I have had that happen before and it's a bad feeling when that thing skates out from under you.

Important thing is that Bob is OK.

What a shame. The tracks with the guardrails really tear up cars when they crash. What a mess.

What a shame. The tracks with the guardrails really tear up cars when they crash. What a mess.

It would have been worse without the guard rails, IMO...

Main thing is Bob is okay. A car can be replaced, not a man!

I feel your guys pain:frown:

Let us know if BWR can do anything to help...

Thank goodness Bob is ok.
It is a very sad day indeed to see such an awesome car go down. But, I'm sure Bob will be back and stronger than ever. I am sorry for your misfortune sir.
Very glad to see that you are ok.

Patrick

Very sad video. The car was really moving out that pass. Glad the driver is OK, it could have been way worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.