Old school muscle death (the car that is)

Ken Mild

I know a lot of people here are into the new muscle, but I figured you could still appreciate a loss of this type.

I have a buddy with MS (multiple sclerosis) which is pretty advanced. It affects his walking and after you read this obviously his driving.

He purchased a used 71 SS 454 Monte Carlo (LS5) in 1978. His driving days are now numbered because of his disease. So he and his wife are cruising this car, which has just been recently restored to magnificent quality marina blue with black vinyl top and black bucket interior.

His foot got stuck between the right side of the gas pedal and the tranny tunnel part of the floor board. His wife was like "I think you better slow down" he was like "I can't!". He had his foot pinned to the floor and could not lift it, he also was standing on the brakes to no avail and flipped the car and destroyed it. It was numbers matching from carb to tranny.

They are both ok, but I feel for him, even though the fact that he was driving at this advanced stage of MS is questionable.

he could of slowed the car down by putting it in a lower gear or turning the ignition off. how come his wife wasnt driving ? things could of been worser that: both losing their lives.

Sory to hear.

Sounds like a good time to take him for a ride(s) in your TB. It would be good to see a smile on his face. It just might let him forget about the bad stuff in his life for a while. The Dark Side can be used for good;) .

Mike B.

yes, my buddies and i call it "regal therapy." it is always makes you feel better, at least for a little while!

Man that really sucks. Those cars are rare...that was one of 1919, I guess one of 1918 now :eek:

My dad has a black one sitting on jack stands :D Cool cars. Glad the people made it out ok.